RID2015 S0E2 Overloaded Pt. 2 Episode Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Slingshot, Feb 20, 2016.

1. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know right.

2. Nis Randers

Nis Randers Ich bin ein Gänseblümchen

News Credits:
    I was really surprised when Polar Claw could swim, but all the other Transformers were going down to the ground of the ocean.

3. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    So compared to part 1, this felt like a big step down.

So the highlight of this episode was definitely the Bad Bot Basher's segment (Yes that name is awesome deal with it). It's really cool to see Optimus take more of a back seat to the action and be more than just the tank leader of the group, acting more like a tactician instead. Windblade got some good moments too. I'm really liking how her character's developing. Sideswipe's still being a dick for no reason, but at least it felt more in character here; instead of constantly annoying Strongarm because he feels like it, it's nice to instead have him just feel that Optimus isn't the badass he was in Prime and needs to step down as a leader. Also Optimus is the king of sass in that last scene with him and Sideswipe calling him out on his frozen wheel; glad to see Optimus finally has a sense of humor!

Now onto the Bee/Overload part. I mean, if you're naming the season 2 premiere episode after this guy, you should make him a big threat to the group. He was done really well in part 1, but part 2 just made him seem like an idiot. I mean, he took on Bee, Strongarm, AND Grimlock all without even a scratch, but he goes down in this from a couple of Mini-cons banging pots on his head and one punch from Bee? I guess though that could just be attributed to Bee just being obsessed with his revenge boner (for a lack of better terms) on Overload that he didn't really put any thought into fighting him. On a side note, it was nice to finally see some battle damage in RID, which we haven't seen aside from the bleeding Steeljaw we saw in the teaser trailer. I'm honestly surprised Overload hadn't completely destroyed Bee's face let alone knock a couple of chunks out of it.

Finally, it seems as though the entire season will be about the Bad Bot Bashers trying to get back to Team Bee, with them caputring Decepticons and Bee's team fighting Steeljaw's group.

So overall, Overloaded Part 2 was good, but not compared to Part 1. The Optimus scenes were really good, but the whole main part of this (Overload) felt rather rushed to me. Here's hoping they fix his character next time he shows up.

7/10 for me.

4. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    So hasbro even screwed up the repaints handed to them? White on the show and more blue on the figures....unless that's for another episode

5. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just loved how optimus mocked sideswipe xD

6. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

English version out yet?

7. SonicGX98

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Me too!

Optimus: Sideswipe you appear to be limping. Perhaps you stay in the back of the group?

Sideswipe: *Walks faster away from Optimus with an annoyed grunt*

Definitely the best part of the episode IMO.

8. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    The tables turning on Sideswipe was hilarious!

9. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
  10. inn

inn Member

I loved how Optimus mocked sideswipe at the end xD

11. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Agreed

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm rather disappointed with the episode.

Polar Claw didn't have any lines, I thought it was weird that he's a mob boss and super smart yet acts so friggin animalistic.

Bumblebee's whole beef with Overload doesn't really go anywhere. He hates him because reasons?

I sorta liked how he was defeated though...I got a good laugh out of it.

Grimlock and Strongarm tricking those campers was hilarious. :lol 

Sideswipe is such an asshole holy shit....he's officially worst Autobot now unless he can redeem himself and stop being one.

Optimus's mocking of Sideswipe was hilarious. :lol  Serves you right!

6/10 episode.

Please let the rest of the season be good.

One thing that was weird is why did Bee have to put those two minicons back in stasis, if they tried they could tame them and have them be valuable allies/assets.

13. SonicGX98

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That's true, but what if while they were out on a mission they encountered Steeljaw and he was somehow able to convince them to join him? If Bee could just have them join him that easily, who's to say Steeljaw couldn't do it either?

14. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he was damaged in the crash. I mean, similar things happened in Beast Wars.

jD001

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a pretty good episode

Did anyone catch how Drift nodded to his 2 pupils to thank Windblade and how Sideswipe cut in and Drift's non-approval face about Sideswipe's remark?

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Okay so I watched the episode and I certainly liked it more than part 1. While I was happy that Optimus was having troubles in part 1, it was nice to see how he managed to show his strength in part 2 by coming up with plans that helped capture Polar Claw. As that part at the end where he took a jab at Sideswipe with a smirk on his face, that was hilarious. XD

As for Bumblebee and Overload, I was a little disappointed that we still don't got a reason for why Bumblebee hates him so much except for the vague "he was badly injured by him." My guess is that they're saving it for further in the season since in other screenshots it does show that Overload will join Steeljaw's pack.

I really don't have much of an opinion on Polar Claw and I wasn't interested in his Sonic Scream ability since Nightstrike could already do that and he could make Cybertronians experience their worst nightmares as an added bonus. Also I couldn't take him seriously with all that snarling. Overload sort of has grown on me but I don't see him as one of my favorites.

Also I do think Drift has a crush on Windblade with how he's been acting around her this season. I just burst out laughing how he rolled his optics at Sideswipe's "I saw her first." comment.

And finally I loved Grimlock's plan to avoid being discovered by the humans, I have a feeling he may have he may have watched the Jurassic Park films.

Overall I give this episode 8/10.

18. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems like Overload damaged Bee's voice module, but it is just my guess.

19. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    True bumblebeefan71

20. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

But if this is a continuation of Prime, it was stated that Megatron did it.