RID2 Deluxe Class Power Surge Optimus Prime.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SaberPrime, Dec 19, 2016.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Yeah I know it's suppose to be Warrior class but to me it will always be Deluxe.

Anyway considering the three other versions of this mold one of which I haven't even opened I'm just happy it was a retool this time and not another direct repaint.

I brought out the original to do a comparison. He still comes with the same axe the other three had but there's no place to put it in vehicle mode. On the original version there's a notch cut out in the roof of the vehicle specifically to give clearance to the hand of the axe and help hold it in place. The other pegs on the inside of the legs are still there but without that notch for the handle the axe doesn't fit into stat storage space anymore.

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

I gave the axe from my original Optimus to WfC Opimus so I'm just going to the new one to him. This Optimus has wings he can wield as swords so he really doesn't need the axe. Speaking of which having the wings folded up on the back of the truck kind of helps hide his robot legs a little better than the original. You can still tell they're legs. I kind of wish the wings were a bit longer. But it's better that the nothing that covers the legs on the original.

DSC00010.JPG

There's a spot to store the shoulder cannons under the truck... which also means that what was originally a ten wheeler is now a six wheeler because the cannons store where where the middle sets of tires use to be. I wish there was some place to put that on top of the vehicle but it doesn't fit anywhere else.

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

That's it for vehicle mode. Except for the details on his roof nothing else looks new. That's mostly for robot mode though.

In robot mode he's got the new shoulders and fist gauntlets. It doesn't look like he's wearing boxing gloves anymore.

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

New chest which I think looks better cause not he's no wearing a fake windshield.

DSC00004.JPG

Thanks to the new leg panels and a very interesting paint job I almost didn't realize most of the legs weren't remolded.

DSC00005.JPG

I think the wings sit too low on his back but otherwise this is my new favorite version of him in this series.

DSC00007.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pics?

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
  4. Fallout

Fallout content in the same old schtick again

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    the TRU redeco looks slick. if i had any interest in RID i'd buy that one and paint it a little to turn it into nova prime.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I said in the first post. The shoulder cannons store under there in vehicle mode. Though I don't know why they couldn't have been mounted on top of the vehicle mode instead. The only reason those wheels are gone is because there wouldn't be room for the cannons to store there if they had to have wheels pegged in right there. It's a very tight space so even making it half a inch smaller, just enough for the wheels to go on, would make it too small for the weapon storage to work.

Also I originally didn't take pictures because I figured someone would link me to anther thread that already has pictures (which has been happening a lot lately). Plus because this is just a retool, there's been three different versions of this mold before this it didn't seen necessary at the time. Anyway, I've taken some photos and edited the first post. They're not very quality but I tried.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  6. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OT, but I've come to prefer "Warrior." It's more consistent with the other size class names.

What makes more sense,
    Leader
    Voyager
    Warrior
    Scout

Or

Leader
    Voyager
    Deluxe
    Legends

?

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

To be fair I don't know why any of the class size names changed. What was wrong with Ultra, Mega, Deluxe, Basic?

8. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he actually does have axe storage in truck mode, and it gives him an AA cannon.
    the tabs on the legs fit inside the axe's 5mm hole, and if you point the handle forward and the blade down the handle will fit nicely between the swords.

this gives secure storage, and looks like a cannon that can aim up.

edit: images!
    the cannon is locked in place by the swords, but by turning them outwards just a tiny bit the "axe cannon" can aim up.
    the bottom image is an inside view.

tmp_24687--84135577.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017