RID15 Warrior class Thermidor in hand pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starfire22, Jun 18, 2017.

1. djstarscream

djstarscream g1 nut

Had to get my Bisk from Japan as i can\'t get it in the UK 

• Like Like x 1
  2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    It will never cease to amaze me how shitty Hasbro's distribution is. Around here the only RiD toys I see (IF I see any) are, like, Starscream, Skywarp, Grimlock, or Strongarm or something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    OH MY GOD THAT IS A BEAUTY!!

4. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Thermidor looks really good and I can't wait to add him in with the rest of the RID Scavengers (beside the little crab, poor him).

You're definitely not going to see him. Bisk was in the wave before that.

Bisk and Ratchet were a real common sight in my area in December, but once January rolled around they both disappeared entirely. And then I have a Walmart that still has Thunderhoof, Scorponok, and Windblade on the pegs (while that SAME Walmart the Titans Returns figures cycle like crazy).

5. jru42287

News Credits:
    And why is Bisk not listed on HTS? What the fuck, Hasbro?

6. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    No alternate version to Hasbro cheapskate painting and awful color scheme?! NOOO! I wanted this Twinferno...but one that doesn't look like a knockoff.

7. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    to chime in with everyone else's discussions of poor distribution.
    over here in Australia I don't think we saw the Bisk, Ratchet, Scattorspike wave at all.
    but we've revently seen more of the Scorponok, Windblade, Power Surge Prime wave showing up at some stores.
    meanwhile other store chains are getting in the Blurr, Soundwave, Skywarp wave.
    so... we may see Bisk eventually? or we may not?
    Either way I imported mine from Japan which seems to have been the smart thing to do, given distribution.

hopefully we'll actually get Thermidor here so there is a use of that mould on the shelves.

I believe we also skipped the legion wave with Bisk
    and the one step wave with Ratchet.

RiD just kind of dried up at that point for us. until CF came around.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I believe it WAS listed on HTS... For a while. Then got taken down.

You see, HTS needs to make room for movie and RB toys. And they have stacks and stacks of 1-steps that also take priority! :thumb  :lol 

9. ZapRowsdower

Distribution is not poor.

Hasbro has every single movie toy in virtually every toy store. This would be impossible with "poor distribution". It's far more likely that Hasbro just doesn't bother with TR or RID warriors: why would stores leave empty pegs for months or continue to stock older toys? They're at the mercy of Hasbro's supply, and clearly, these toys CAN be supplied/distributed well, should Hasbro care to do so. :rolleyes2 

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mmmmmmm, blue lobster.....delicious.

11. jru42287

News Credits:
    UGH, yet they have other things listed on there that haven't been in stock in ages. FFS...

I have to disagree here. While many stores have all of the wave one deluxes and voyagers, stores will often over-order on the first wave of movie toys because they expect them to sell more (a lesson I cannot believe they haven't learned yet), and it takes forever for the next wave to hit. This problem can also be witnessed with the GotG Marvel Legends. Meanwhile, often times, certain exclusives will not hit certain areas at all. I've seen reports of many places where the Marvel Legends Bucky and Falcon figures from Civil War are literally clogging the shelves, yet, within a 35-mile or so radius from where I live, not one store has them in stock, and if they did, it was only one case one time. A few of those stores also skipped one entire wave of the ML Spider-Man series. Same with TR Brainstorm. Not one Walgreens near me has ever had him in stock, while others have him warming the pegs. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but you can look through the forums and see many others with the same problems. Whether it's a problem with Hasbro, the distribution centers, or the stores themselves, I do not know, but it's certainly a distribution problem.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    You guys do realize Hasbro has Nothing to do with distribution. They sell the toys to stores/companies and it's up to the companies to ensure they have their stock distributed to their stores.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Which has exactly sweet fuck all to with Hasbro. That's the store you be standing ins shitty distribution. The only thing you can blame Hasbro for is, maybe, HTS.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's possible. RID Blurr resembles him a little.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Noice. RID Themidor is making me hungry for some reason... :lol 

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Where from Japan did you get him from? Any link to the e-tailer would be awesome! Thanks!

17. jru42287

News Credits:
    But when it's the same problem across the board in every store, that's got to be a problem higher up the food chain. I'm not talking just Walmart, or just Target. All of them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZapRowsdower

Yeah, good points. I forgot: this is a NEW LINE, so of course stores will order. I think the solution still lies with Hasbro (when you think about it): new line for every wave! :thumb  Wave 1's get over-ordered, so maybe ALL waves should be wave 1! ;) 
    This is propaganda. As perpetuated by Hasbro or a similar party.

The reality is that manufacturers work with retailers. If you think the retailer designed that TF end-cap? Yeah... no. Target stores are not in the business (as far as I know) of designing giant character portraits to stick on end caps, in order to sell Hasbro product. That's Hasbro.

And maybe you guys don't go to the stores enough: Hasbro sends representatives (with HASBRO SHIRTS) to check shelves from time to time.

So this notion that distribution is someone else's problem is idiotic. Even if what you guys say is true (that the stores are solely responsible for the problems), then you could apply some logic to understand that Hasbro has a clear interest in moving their products at the retail level (no sales = no more re-orders).

It's easy to blame the stores: why wouldn't they be paying attention to the millions of products they stock and sell? It's Walmart's fault for not noticing that everyone wants Hot Rod, right? :rolleyes2  No. Walmart doesn't do the product research for Hasbro items - Hasbro does. It's Hasbro's job to help the stores sell their product. Hasbro does the focus groups. Hasbro does the recalls. Not the stores.

Blaming the stores is like blaming the cargo ship captain for not having a container of TR toys - he can hardly control what he ships, when the manufacturer doesn't actually put the toys on his boat. This is what's happening in stores: the shelves are empty and waiting (for Generations products), but the manufacturer is not sending out the product. The stores are not so incompetent that they don't notice the months of empty pegs. It's literally a bottleneck I am certain originates from Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Yeah the sales figures for toys in your area are not good, so they get less stock.

No it's just logic. What you're describing is quality control. Is our product being displayed how we want, how much is there, is it more or less current. Not exactly the highest of bars.

Of course they have an interest. But they are not the ones who decide how much goes where for the individual locations. That's the retailers responsibility. Hasbro also doesn't control how the retailers do their own logistics.

Which assumes Hasbro is in the driver seat when it comes to relations with retailers. It's not, Wal-mart has the power.

Ok you want to play that game. And Hasbro can't control when that cargo ship leaves China/Vietnam, when it gets to the major entry port for a given nation, when the containers get to the stores distribution hubs, and when said same sort through it and send them to the regional distrobution centres, and then on to the local stores. And neither retailers nor Hasbro can control if the teamsters are engaged in strike actions (work stoppages and slow downs) in the Californian ports. Which they're have been for the last few years. Hasbro also can't control who's in charge at the regional or store level. If they're competence is spotty, Hasbro can't go shit about that.

There are numerous reasons that a bottleneck can develop that Hasbro has no control over.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Ehh, Takaratomy might fix that...

• Like Like x 1