RID S2EP13 "Decepticon Island Pt2" - Episode Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by DJsFromCtron, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    If Optimus and crew fly back successfully, I guess the "Steeljaw Storyarc" is now over.

Well, we know Optimus is in the TV Movie and we are yet to see the Toy Gimmick where Minicons link up with Autobots to give them various powerups including Prime's new wings. Judging by the description given, I'd say the power up happens in the TV Movie.

2. Excelliont

Excelliont Active Member

Wait a minute...good guy crew including an optimus go back to cybertron on prevously crashed ship with the main villain captured...oh no Beast Machines!!! [Cowers in corner]

3. Excelliont

Excelliont Active Member

On another note though, I'm really hoping season 3 steps up it's game compared to the previous 2. A corrupt cybertronian government does have some good plot potential. Hoping we see Smokescreen at some point ever, or heck even Knock Out. And even if the corrupt government plot turns out to be a bust, I'm glad the original Team Bee (+Drift) is going to be back together during season 3. My main problem with season 2 was the lack of the original team dynamic.

4. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can anyone explain to me about this movie? I haven't been keeping up with the news in a while.

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i actauly hope they dont have a season 3 as i think a complete change in peace is nessery

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The whole thing about the corrupt government back on Cybertron makes me wander if we're going to see some Autobot vs. Autobot fights in the next season. We've had a few characters who don't really like Optimus before (Depth Charge, RID1 Ultra Magnus, Prime Wheeljack) but having an entire group of Autobots who hate Optimus is something we've never seen before. Plus even with those characters I mentioned before they still worked along side Optimus just refused to take orders from him. We've never really had any actual fights between opposing Autobots. This could be interesting if they do it right.

The only thing I don't want to see is that the Autobots turn out to be traitors who end up helping the Decepticons just to take out Optimus and his former team mates. I don't really want them to have anything to do with the Decepticons at all. They should be Autobots because that's what makes this concept such an interesting idea. It would be way too easy and predictable story wise to take the Decepticon route.

For one thing, Optimus wouldn't have any issues fighting against Decepticons, he's been doing that for centuries. But having to fight fellow Autobots would leave him conflicted maybe to the point of not even wanting to fight back. Having to deal with a new situation like that would be interesting to see. I also think it would be more of a challenge to write the story that way than to take the easy route and just make them Decepticons.

Most likely they'll end up taking the easy route... however, this show has taken some chances already. They made Bumblebee the leader, they didn't bring Megatron back (We got Megatronus but that was temporary.), so why not go further and introduce some Cybertronian bad guys who aren't of the black and white Autobot good, Decepticon bad variety. Not really evil as they are still Autobots, but just misguided enough to become a threat to Optimus.

Also... I haven't heard anything about this T.V. movie people keep mentioning. Predacons Rising is still technically part of season 3 of Prime. If they did this between seasons so that it can still technically be counted as part of season 2 that would make up for this season being so short and potentially make up for the anticlimactic ending. Especially if we get a lot more cameos from the surviving Prime cast. If team Prime could reunite and have the surviving Decepticons (Minus Megatron and Soundwave) make appearances then that would make for a much better ending to the season than whatever this was.

7. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    During the MIPTV Conference and later on Licensing Biz Magazine, it was announced that Transformers: Robots In Disguise is "commissioned for two full series and a movie":

Hasbro's Transformers: Robots in Disguise lands on CITV | Latest news from the licensing industry | Licensing.biz

The length of the movie was announced as 3 Episodes long.

And during the Hasbro Toy Fair Investor Day 2016, Hasbro CEO announced that RID TV Movie will take place this fall. Couple of presentation slides showed off Optimus Prime linking up with a Minicon and gaining wings. A caption read "Optimus Prime will fly for the first time":

TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Toy Fair 2016 Investor And Press Event - Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM

8. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

So, what happens now Season 3 or T.V. movie and how long do we wait?

9. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I hope Jazz takes Optimus' side on the whole corrupt Cybertronian council now. :) 

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Yeah someone from Hasbro said that in a YouTube video demonstrating the toy a while back too. Did everyone at Hasbro just forget all the other times Optimus Prime has been able to fly?

G1, Optimus Prime was really inconsistent with his flying. He could in the pilot but then later stated that only Decepticons had that ability. Plus in one episode he had to borrow a jet pack from Sideswipe immediately after he just flew to his location in the first place.

Optimus Primal had flight capabilities though that's Primal not Prime. Depending on your opinion maybe that doesn't count but I count it.

Armada Optimus Prime could fly when combined with Jetfire. Like wise Energon and Cybertron versions of the same character could fly when combined with Wing Saber.

Movie Optimus Prime could fly after combining with Jetfire's corpse and later used Jetfire's parts to build flight tech which he carried around in a trailer.

Animated Optimus Prime was fitted with flight tech at the end of the series.

And if you're not counting any of those because none of them are from the same universe... The Optimus Prime from this same continuity was able to fly for all of Season 3 of Prime.

Seriously why are they trying to sell the idea of Optimus flying for the first time? Are they new here or do they think their fan base can't remember anything before this show started? I really hope that when this does finally happen in the show they don't make anyone in the fiction say that because it would be a HUGE continuity error if they did. It would be fine if Beast Hunters Optimus Prime didn't already exist in this continuity but since he could already fly in that form it would be stupid as hell if they suddenly pretend like that never happened.

11. LegoShokwave123

LegoShokwave123 (-_-)

Didn't he fly already in RID201X, too? I'm almost certain he flew in the season one finale.

12. Excelliont

Excelliont Active Member

Sorry man, season 3 was already confirmed.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Nope, he's never flown in this series. That's about the only way that him flying for the first time would actually be true is if they specified that it was the first time in this series. However because they're saying the first time ever, it's completely wrong.

14. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah he has, he transformed while jumping off a bridge in the season one finale and flew across a river to get to the island where bumblebee was fighting steeljaw's pack. Then in season 2, he attempted to fly but was too weak when he fell off that mountain.

15. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the info

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I actually rather loved this finale.

Shame Saberhorn and Glowstrike jobbed pretty bad but that's what happens when you trust Steeljaw.

Seeing Steeljaw
    finally be defeated was so so satisfying. The dude was a huge bastard, a effective villain.

The end shows so much promise.

I'm glad they're actually doing something this....I hope.

Paladin you're forgetting her debut episode, the episode with Razorpaw and all of her supply cashes.

I'll admit her jobbing was unfortunate, hopefully next season they utilize her better.

What else is new.

Filthy NAILS degenerates.

I want to believe those two will return for Season 3.

I want Springload to find Doradus for real.

Kickback might end up being the con who gets away.

I can imagine the last scene of the show is Team Bumblebee encountering Kickback and they immediately start chasing him.

17. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    "I'LL TEAR YOU TO RIBBONS BUMBLEBEE!!!!!!!!" That and his howl at the end was so satisfying.

I also loved Fixit yelling: "Follow me! TO LIBERTY!!!!!!" Followed by the army of Fixits chanting and cheering was so cute. My two favourite scenes. I have no doubt we will be seeing Ratchet, Optimus and Windblade again.

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    both episodes were good, decepticon island I & II

I wished that all episodes were equally as good

too bad there was limited fighting between Saberhorn and Glowstrike vs. Steeljaw

it was a shame that optimus prime, ratchet, and windblade appearances were short lived

glad to see, that sideswipe and strongarm fighting mellowed out and drift and grimlock could be a possible team

19. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    At the very end of the show/TV Movie, we see an after credit scene with Springload going fucking mental because he actually found Doradus!

20. Excelliont

Excelliont Active Member

Yep. Beginning to think a corrupt Cybertronian government was the only singularity to survive The Shrouding.