RID S2EP13 "Decepticon Island Pt2" - Episode Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by DJsFromCtron, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DJsFromCtron

DJsFromCtron Wolfman77

News Credits:
    The Official Season Finale Is upon us and since this episode is also heavily anticipated (Especially since it debuts within the next few days) - I thought I'd better kick off the Discussion for what lies ahead - Here's the Synopsis for the Episode - "The severely outnumbered Autobots on Decepticon Island desperately search for a way to stop Steeljaw and his army. Tensions between Bumblebee and Optimus could put the mission, and the entire world, at risk."

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    FYI, the scheduler on my Sky box is saying Overloaded is airing this weekend. So don't get your hopes up on this one.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ I thought, episode Overloaded, already aired? ^^

4. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It looked like they might be skipping the finale and rerunning from the start of the season. Others have since pointed out this may not be the case.

5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ very possible ^^

6. Bulkhead2.0

Bulkhead2.0 Elite Guard Intelligence

News Credits:
    They've used Overloaded a lot as a description over the last 6 weeks and change it to the actual new episode the day it airs so I wouldnt worry about it.

7. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know it's possible that the US Cartoon Network may air both parts separately, but since both episodes are being aired together in the UK, shouldn't the two topics be put together?

Looking forward to both parts and seeing who this old friend is.

thought of possible option #6: Megatron.

jD001

8. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm thinking keep them separated in case the US airing doesn't combine the episodes. It's a good idea not to have Part 2 spoilers in your Part 1 discussion.

9. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thoughts on the episode:

So, after part 1 was all buildup, part 2 is the payoff.

We kick off right away with the Autobots in peril, confronted by Steeljaw and a whole army of Decepticons. Windblade transforms to jet mode and flies around the room, giving the Autobots a chance to escape in the confusion. Windblade is shot down and captured though, and Bumblebee drops his Decepticon Hunter.

The team splits into three in order to save Windblade, the Mini-Cons, and detonate the cryo-bomb that will shut down the whole Decepticon Island. Ratchet and Drift (and Mini-Cons) go to rescue Windblade. Sideswipe, Strongarm, and Grimlock go to find a way to free the Mini-Cons. Toolbox, Optimus, and Bumblebee head for the Island's ventilation core to set off the Cryo-Bomb.

Ratchet and Drift find Windblade, who is being guarded by Overload. Overload has no Mini-Cons this go round, but is still a strong opponent, swatting Undertone into a cyro-cell like the shameless product placement he is. Overload quickly knocks out Ratchet and Drift, sealing them into cyro-cells, however, before being sealed, Drift ejects Slipstream and Jetstorm, who later stage a rescue, releasing Windblade and the others, who are able to overpower and defeat Overload.

Fixit at this point grows concerned about his friends and infiltrates Decepticon Island on his own, leaving Denny and Russell at the shore. He tracks down his fellow maintenance Mini-Cons, but finds himself at the end of a Vehicon's gunbarrel.

Sideswipe, Strongarm, and Grimlock find the island's communications hub, but also find trouble in the form of Thunderhoof and Groundpounder. Groundpounder wants to settle the score with Grimlock, while Thunderhoof knocks Strongarm and Sideswipe off their feet with repeated stomps to the floor. Strongarm manages to kick Sideswipe across the room, where he sets off a sonic pulse from the communications panel that brings the Decepticons to their knees. He then sets off a sonic pulse that frees the Mini-Cons, who in turn rescue Fixit.

While all this is going on, Bumblebee and Optimus make it to the ventilation core with the cryo-bomb, and have a heart-to-heart about who should lead, and settle their differences. They are confronted by Steeljaw who now has three Decepticon Hunters - and Steeljaw remembers the first season finale and what happens when you combine three Decepticon Hunters. There is a huge flash, and Steeljaw - or rather, Supreme Armor Steeljaw as I call him - lets out a bellow: "I FEEL LIKE I CAN DESTROY EVEN THE PRIMES!"

Optimus and Bumblebee fight Super Steeljaw, but are hopelessly outmatched now Steeljaw has all that extra power and armor. Toolbox signals for help, and the cavalry arrives in the form of Fixit and the rest of his Mini-Con brothers. The Mini-Cons help to make Super Steeljaw drop his weapon, which in turn depowers him and unmerges the three Decepticon Hunters - which Bumblebee manages to snatch and use to power himself up into a powered armor form of his own - although not the one from the season 1 finale, this time. With his new power, Bumblebee melts the floor under Steeljaw, then freezes it solid, fusing Steeljaw's legs to the deck leaving him with no way to escape. Optimus, Bumblebee, and the Mini-Cons escape, rejoining the rest of the Autobots outside the ship as the cryo-bomb goes off and puts all of the Decepticons into stasis, and finally ending Steeljaw's villainy.

The episode, and season, ends with Toolbox and the rest of the Mini-Cons deciding to finish the repairs to the Alcamoor and fly it back to Cybertron so all of the Decepticons can be incarcerated. Windblade decides to go with them as she misses Cybertron. Ratchet decides he too will return to Cybertron - and so does Optimus, who decides he is going to investigate the new regime on Cybertron. Drift and the rest decide to remain behind - with Bumblebee deciding that with Earth being such a flashpoint of activity, a permanent base of operations is needed.

All-in, a good finale, though I feel in terms of action, the season 1 finale was better.

I'm a bit disappointed that
    Saberhorn and Bumblebee did not get a rematch
    and that
    Glowstrike never got a chance to do anything

Also,
    Undertone added nothing to the story. He just showed up with Ratchet in part 1, got knocked out in this one by Overload, and that was that.

The ending sets up some interesting plot points for a continuation.
    A reduced size Team Bumblebee - with the original five members plus Drift - remain on Earth, while Optimus is off to Cybertron to fight the corrupt regime. I'd like to think the latter will get more attention down the road, but given the show's focus is mostly on Bumblebee, I get the feeling a continuation might stay Earth-focused.

Also, this one would make a good series finale, since the original premise of the show is resolved by the end of the episode - as noted above though, like any good wrap-up, new questions are raised to take things in a new direction if the show continues.

10. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Well shit, that just leaves more questions than answers, but it sounds like it leaves an opening opportunity for the series to continue if the directors choose to.

Thank you very much Sol Fury for posting up the summary. Now I look forward to watching the episodes when they're available on iTunes.

11. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    I don't know if I should be happy or sad with this ending. D:
    A direct continuation would be awesome, but I don't know if this will happen.

12. Nis Randers

Nis Randers Ich bin ein Gänseblümchen

News Credits:
    Omg at the end of part 2 I will be sitting on my desk and stare at the next wall with the question in my head: what I am supposed to do now after RiD ended?

13. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    well you can always write fanfiction

14. DJsFromCtron

DJsFromCtron Wolfman77

News Credits:
    Or.....we can wait for that TV Movie that's supposed to drop toward the end of this year - But that is quite a wait though - Should be Interesting to see now how the TV Movie Pans out

15. Bulkhead2.0

Bulkhead2.0 Elite Guard Intelligence

News Credits:
    Sol Fury summed up what I though of the finale perfectly. At least we got a confirmation for season 3 in the fall by the Hasbro guys at Botcon on that TFormers interview video. I just hope it goes like season 3 of Animated and we have a couple episodes on Cybertron since we've kept getting hints of the new Council and politics there.

16. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    I wonder who's to blame though feeling bad for team prime

17. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    This new council thing again, we haven't heard of them since Season 1. We already know they put a bounty on Bumblebee's head. Also, they blame Team Prime? This is very interesting...

18. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Who's the new council

19. DJsFromCtron

DJsFromCtron Wolfman77

News Credits:
    That's a Good Question - But It's one nobody knows the answer to yet - Here's hoping if a Season 3 is on the way they'll explain more about it - Or Hopefully in the upcoming TV Movie later on this year

20. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, my guess, the TV movie will show Optimus, Windblade, the minicons and Ratchet returning to Cybertron to deal with the council.

Unless they decide to make every fifth episode of season 3 about Cybertron. ;)  :lol 

I knew that Optimus would head back to Cybertron... I just assumed that it would be after the season 2 premier. :lol 

jD001