RID S2EP05 "Cover Me" - Episode Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by BumblebeeFan71, Mar 18, 2016.

1. BlitzBugz

BlitzBugz The Green Seeker

So i put the best images of razorpaw and fancy claws togther, and i kid you not they use the exact same model except for fancyclaws has a tail. Even the head is unalterd. sketch-1458434932996.jpg

2. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    True hey BlitzBugz what do you think of the episode and the character's mostly optimus prime getting his strength back

3. BlitzBugz

So i put the best images of razorpaw and fancy claws togther, and i kid you not they use the exact same model except for fancyclaws has a tail. Even the head is unalterd. View attachment 27575941

4. BlitzBugz

I feel that the episode was really lengthend out. I mean we didnt see the main villain til after half way through the episode. Then when he was introduced, he got barely any screentime. I was really lookig forward to this episode, just so that the Razorpaw thing would be sorted out. Optimus getting stronger is good, i mean hes a prime, he shouldnt be weak like that, even if his powes are drained. The minicons were cool, and i hope to see a razorpaw toy. The story was kinda lame tho, and no matter how cool i find razorpaw, he wasnt really developed enough. We didnt even see the front of his vehicle mode!! Btw ive updated razorpaw, glacius, swelter and fancyclaws on TFwiki, so please take alook. Overall 7.5 out of 10

5. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    Hope Arcee appears

6. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Let's watch this...

The opening reminds me of TFPrime. Let's see if they try to do anything special in this setting.

Oh, it's Sideswipe, and he is repaint now.

AHAHAAHA, WHAT?! This Optimus Prime is just terrible.

The guy just shot his flamethrower at a bush, and it did not light on fire.

"An excellent test for your students."? Is this a joke?

"Let us continue our search with expedience." Who thought it was a good idea to do this to Optimus Prime?

Lmao, Windblade just shoved the poop out of Optimus Prime. This show is terrible. And the obvious cute furry creature joke happens.

WHAT? SHE FELL OFF A CLIFF? Oh, I see. This is another episode where another character gets the stupid flu and learns a lesson that they never needed to learn until the episode started. Only took 12:44 for me to figure that out. I wonder if that is good or bad.

Oh my god, this is hilarious. Windblade is so stupid in this episode that she turns her fans around so Optimus can't help her.

Ew, what is this draining action that is happening? HAHAHA.

Oh man, this show is bad.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  7. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    Then don't watch it hello

8. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

You know, for someone who hates Windblade so much, you sure do talk about her a lot, even more than her fans.

9. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Razorpaw is based on a puma. They often wait in trees for a deer or something to go underneath, then drop on them.

Anyway . . . this episode was terrible. Windblade gets downed by a gopher and forgets she can fly. Optimus decides to act wounded without cluing his team in to his plan. Seriously, all he would have to do is COMMUNICATE and say "Our enemy focuses on weakness so I shall attempt to appear injured; the rest of you watch our surroundings carefully for when they attack."

10. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Did he really plan it from the beginning? I got the impression that it dawned on him when Razorpaw went after Windblade.

As for Windblade forgetting she could fly eh it isn't the first time a flying Transformer seemed to have forgotten they could fly *cough*G1 Starscream*cough* But don't get me wrong, that moment was still embarrassing to see.

11. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    In defense, she hit her hip on her way down, probably got some other damage too, but nonetheless, that would hurt, so she would be in the state of pain and next thing you know, she's in the water being pulled under. Had she not hurt anything, then I would have had a problem.

12. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another disappointment. This Optimus acting like dumb.

Remind me that episodes of Prime, that was really boring.

Wonder how Razorpaw get out of his prison and it was not him.

13. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally watched the episode.

It's pretty good. I like how Drift was getting annoyed with Sideswipe and that Optimus proved that he could take care of himself even if we was weakened.

I have to admit I thought that the minicons and Razorpaw were talking about Optimus when they mentioned the weakest bot so that was a surprise twist. (then again, Windblade was limping by then so should've known)

When Optimus pretended to be weaker, I was expecting the same line used in Animated. "Human's call it 'playing possum.' Don't ask me what a possum is." :lol  Using your weakness to your advantage like that was clever.

I also believe that hearing Razorpaw's appearance was a bit confusing, since his lookalike was placed inside a stasis pod/cell but we did assume that it was his name. Maybe it's a twin, and maybe it'll be brought up later on in the season. I can't really say but I wouldn't mind seeing them again. In the mean time, I'mma call the one Windblade took down in her debut 'Pacerpaw' until I hear otherwise. :D 

jD001

14. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Windblade forgot how to wind? If it was StarScream, he would have just transformed and flown away.

15. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    Wingblade is so stupid in this episode

16. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, she was just too focused on Optimus' weakness that she never considered her own. Plus this is her first mission on a team for this long a period. (yes, I know I was one of the ones complaining about her character in the Buzz on Windblade)

I'm just surprised that there was no one in this forum trying to ship Optimus and Windblade together throughout this episode. (no, I'm not trying to either)

jD001

17. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    Yup u forgot that optimus prime stopped the decepticons and the fans frome Transformers prime shipping optimus prime and arcee

18. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Another meh episode. On the plus side, Optimus continues to be the highlight of this season and one of the best versions of the character. His line to Windblade about facing such a fearsome challenge (about the gopher) was funny. The ending with him tricking Razorpaw was really cunning on his part and the ensuing beatdown was badass.

Optimus slowly getting to work freeing Sideswipe and Drift, but the latter just being relieved that Sideswipe was finally quiet was a nice, comedic, light-hearted way to end the ep. Drift wanting his students to get tested but then rushing in to protect them when they started to get outmatched was a cute character moment. The concept of a pair of Minicons who used fire and ice was a good one.

Razorpaw was a rushed villain. We were never told the mechanics of his powers and he barely appeared. Plus, no one bothered to question why he wasn't on the manifest. He must be from the other ship; therefore, was he a member of the new Decepticon army or did he dissert them or did he leave right away before they were formed? The 'Bots have less info than us viewers so they really should have been trying to find answers.

Windblade's sorta growing on me, I guess. I still have mixed thoughts on her. She had so many Mary Sue traits when she debuted and then wound up being so insignificant in the finale, she left a poor 1st impression imo. That's why I'm still struggling to enjoy the character.

19. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    True SmokeyPrime but optimus prime is still getting his strength back

20. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    welcome to TFW2005's boards

yeah, the episode did drag and its one those types of episodes watching it once was enough