Rid s01e11 Discussion. *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Achilles1943, Mar 16, 2015.

1. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    This ep left me grinning widely...it was a lot of fun!

2. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    "I'm still waiting on the awesome!" I freaking heard Ron Stoppable through this whole episode lol.

3. Ssargon

Ssargon He's... so... wolfy~

Cute and funny episode. I didn't think anything about Bumblebrat would be endearing or funny but it worked. It's good to see Strongarm taking [or maybe trying to take] a leadership role, which makes sense considering she's the only one after Bumblebee with a rank.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quillfire reminds me of the troll from stephen kings cats eye movie for some reason.

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, all that was missing was Frank Welker taking up the role. :lol 

jD001

6. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    That's why Bee's younger voice sounded so familiar cause I haven't watched that show in a while. I think I laughed the most in this episode so far and I can't wait for Drift and Fracture to show up next week.

7. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "How will sitting on a child help anything?!" :lol 

Yeah, this episode was pretty funny. I really liked Quillfire

8. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    So did anyone else notice that quilfire has the same vehicle mode as bulkhead?

9. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love SideSwipe response.

10. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Absolutely loved this episode. Bumblebee was actually funny instead of completely obnoxious and as weird as it may be I actually really liked Quillfire in this as well, mainly because while animal themed he isn't an exact look alike for a porcupine like Springload and Filch were with their respective animals.

Plus Grimlock got a decent line here and there as well, specifically about his feelings regarding being a glorified horse for Bumblebrat.

11. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

They have elephants now.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The jokes they try to make with Bumblebee always fail, including hyperactive kid Bee from this episode. I did find Sideswipe's admiration of his pranks funny, but really, I'm starting to miss Prime's darker tone, and the humor that came with it. Although, I will never miss the other things that came with it, like joyless Autobots, and the constant slaughtering of 'Cons.

And whoopee, in Bee's absence, Cadet Rimmer is in charge. At least we get to see the smeg head suffer. I was hoping her time as leader would give me enough respect for her to make me not hate her, but I honestly don't have strong feelings either way about her in this episode, so my previous hatred stands.

Grimlock continues to consistently provide decent humor. Him sitting on Bee, and Bee riding him, while not great, were funny enough.

Quillfire was an OK villain. Again, nothing great, but nothing to hate. It was pretty awesome that the episode began with him beating all the Autobots.

Overall, a pretty good episode, but nothing spectacular.

13. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    In this episode the RID's Autobots acted like our Decepticon brothers more than ever. That was fun.

14. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're not, they're taking the show off altogether. :( 

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

What I want to know is how someone who hates tyranny ended up a Decepticon?

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Adventures in Bumblebee-Sitting! and guess what there is actual sitting in this episode.

So the episode gets to the point with the Autobot chasing down the fugitive of the episode Quillfire who is based on a porcupine with his quills, he's an anarchist....of the really cartoony strawman kind who just doesn't think their should be any authority but with no real thought to it.

Quillfire is voiced by Andy Milder who actually had a role previously in the Transformers franchise, he appeared in the first live action Transformers movie as the R&D Team Leader. So far he is one of the only actors I can think of who appeared in live action and then voiced a Transformer. Quillfire's voice almost sounds like he's channelling Justin Roiland's Lemongrab from Adventure Time, while it's not as screechy, sometimes it sounds identical. I was expecting him to screech UNACCEPTABLE!

As his name suggests he fires quills and Bumblebee gets hit by a barrage of them, trying to protect Grimlock. So we then cut to Fixit who transforms into a tool to remove the quill, Quillfire's quills have toxins in them and they cause Bumblebee to regress in maturity, so he acts like a hyperactive kid for the episode.

Anyone who thinks Will Friedle couldn't pull off a much younger Bumblebee, needs to see this episode. His voice and performance as a immature Bumblebee reminds me a lot of his Deadpool from Ultimate Spider-Man.

Strongarm at first is excited that she gets to finally be in charge with Bumblebee incapacitated but Bumblebee's pranks oh man...the pranks, as childish and predictable as many of them are from oil pies to the face, to a load of bolts being flung to stepping in a bathtub of rubber cement. :lol  Sometimes the simplest things cause the funniest of laughs.

Quillfire is trying to free the elephants at the local carnival from oppression. :lol  Quillfire also has this habit carving his signature.

So naturally they come to the conclusion they have to babysit Bumblebee and it's not as easy as you'd think. However they get him to sit still by watching a movie...the face Bumblebee makes while watching. Sideswipe leaks lubricants out of his eyes while watching it. :D  But once he and Russell leave, a commercial comes on so Bumblebee gets bored and he ends up going to where Strongarm and Grimlock are, outside of the carnival mostly because the carnival is in town.

Meanwhile there is a police blockade outside the carnival but Strongarm manages to get all the cops to respond to another emergency. YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! XD Strongarm has Grimlock sit on Bumblebee to keep him still however that doesn't really last very long...but yes it totally happened. The people who titled this episode...they know what they're doing.

Once they enter the carnival there's a stampede of elephants so Bumblebee along with Grimlock go and try to round up the elephants cowboy style...once again the idea that Bumblebee likes cowboys is back again. It's kind of a neat subtle touch.

Bumblebee riding bumper cars as skates...they look like slippers on him. :lolol 

Quillfire goes into this tent where the floor is bouncy and Bumblebee bounces around, Quillfire launchs another barrage of quills, Bumblebee dodges them and they come a crashing down on Quillfire defeating him and he passes out.

You'd think the hyperactivity would end here but nope, Bee's still at so Grimlock and Strongarm tie him up chained on top of a tower and finally when morning comes, he's back to normal and questioning everything that happened the day before, he has no memory of it and Grimlock tells him you're better off not remembering.

Bumblebee thanks Strongarm for her leadership but she's glad that Bumblebee's back and she says hopefully it will be a while till she has to step up again. Bumblebee then steps in rubber cement saying "Classic!" :D 

Overall this is easily one of the funniest episodes in the show. Watching the now mature and grown up Bumblebee act like a kid is hilarious and so much fun. Quillfire was an amusing villain despite being a total strawman archetype and BUMBLEBEE GOT SAT ON....:lolol 

17. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Did... did Bumblebee have a quill up his backside?

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ its safe to assume that ^^

19. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    Hey, I just realized fixit transformed for the first time in this episode.

20. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was a very awesome episode! I love kid-Bumblebee, and Sideswipe's reaction to him. It was also cool that Fixit finally transformed into something, and Quillfire was a pretty cool villain. And I'm definitely starting to like Strongarm more.