RID S01E08 Discussion and minor Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Achilles1943, Mar 11, 2015.

1. StarScheme

StarScheme Well-Known Member

it doesn't make any sense that he was a decepticon and it doesn't really make sense that we have all these animal themed decepticons that don't seem to be connected to each other in anyway at all or know of their existence...

2. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I thought Bumblee's new catch phrase "Autobots Maximum Velocity!" was a good one.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It is a nice one.

4. thewiredknight

thewiredknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That actually has been bugging me more than anything else in the show. I accept that at this point we can say this show bears no continuity with the WFC and FOC games because they contradict things too blatantly in too many places - Grimlock being one of the most notable at this point.

But what I have a hard time coming to terms with in this show is where these animal designs came from. These decepticons (much as I like them) are so based off of animals and Prime seemed to suggest that this is not something normally seen in Cybertronian society (what with the Predacons and all - including the fact that they were uspposed to be extinct)and yet they not only all have earth vehicle modes but all have beast forms often as their core forms.

Where did Grimlock become a T-rex from? Why is Springload a frog or Filtch a raven? It is bizarrely unclear since the series never established the possibility of this type of Transformer being an everyday occurrence.

5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Prime had Airachnid and the Insecticons and no one ever acted as if they were unusual and rare. Airachnid in particular has about the same animal detailing as Thunderhoof and Steeljaw does.

6. thewiredknight

thewiredknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never considered the Insecticons that odd since their robot forms still fall in line with what I expect a TF to look like generally. Airachnid I'll give you but her face and general structure were largely human.

But look at the likes of Hammer Strike or Bisque, if we took those designs and dragged them over to Prime they woudl stand out like a sore thumb.

Some are better than others - Thunderhoof being notable and I can see an argument for Steel jaw though his face is far too wolf for me.

7. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They have bug claws, weird monster face and mandibles, back-ward insectoid legs.

Really the Insecticons are about as beast like as the likes of Hammerstrike and Bisk, with the only difference being that Hammerstrike and Bisk got vehicular alt modes. It's still completely in line with what Prime showed us, specially with the covenant novel telling us that Airachnid is actualy from a race called "Aranicon", which is pretty similar to stuff like sharkticons and buffaloid that RID is giving us.

The predacons weren't unusual because beastly themes are a rare kind of thing, they were unusual because they are ancient and were only known thru fossilized remains. I mean, you're completely free to finding it odd, but I personally didn't question the animal cons since Prime already had those other animal-ish guys.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah that's all true.

Though I'd like to see some Autobots that actually are of these species.