RID S01E08 Discussion and minor Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Achilles1943, Mar 11, 2015.

1. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So basically Strongarm's sees only the surface and literal interpretation instead the layers beneath. It will make her bad Enforcer when she deals with the criminal element on Cybertron.

2. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Well considering she's a cadet, *maybe not even out of the academy* Yeah.. She's not exactly up there with knowing how to actually do things yet.

3. Vbane

Vbane Well-Known Member

People are being too hard on Strongarm here.

You have three team members where a fourth, who is a member of the badguy faction, apparently goes bad. Its pretty much necessary with those numbers that one has to refuse to accept Grimlock is evil, one has to have doubts, and one needs to assume the worst. And it only makes sense that the idealist young member of the establishment would be the last one. If none of them were sure he was bad now, then the whole idea loses momentum from the start.

4. Whitesky

Whitesky Well-Known Member

I wish I could like your comment!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well Said Good Sir. :thumb 

Plus she apologized at the end...why are apologies forgotten so easily?

6. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    People are not too hard- they just got fed up with StrongArm's idiotic behaviour. She appeared to be a total failure as a team mate and as a sentient being.
    It would fit more, if you said there that people shouldn't be so hard on her, because she is ******ed, and this poverty of intellect is not her fault- she was born this way.

What if Minitron would want to sleep, rest or eat? How can he control a prey all the time?
    Are there any effects for long time impact?

7. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Best episode so far. Sideswipe's faith in Grimlock was touching. Glad Grimlock's Decepticon insignia was finally touched on. But, I was expecting something darker/more serious for his imprisonment than property damage. Still, not a bad explanation. Great to see Steeljaw again and him fighting Bumblebee. His Decepticon team is starting to come together. He'll have to be careful to ration Underbite's consumption unless he wants a traitor.

I didn't mind Strongarm's actions in this episode. She stayed true to her rule-heavy character but she showed her development because she wasn't quoting rules and regulations. However, the scenes where Fixit was getting ready to fight Grimlock, Grimlock was searching for the Stasis Pods, and Minitron swapping control between everyone dragged and weren't as funny as they tried to be. Finally, Denny was conspicuous by his absence.

EDIT: Also, interesting that Sideswipe fought Steeljaw again. As we know they already clashed in episode 3. They've quite a grudge so far and Sideswipe seems to be being set up as Steeljaw's archenemy despite 'Bee being leader.

8. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    My best guess is that Ted McGinely was unavailable to record the episode.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Binged the season.

I enjoyed the ending, Minitron is interesting, but I'm not a big fan. Perhaps had Minitron been more visible at times in shots prior to the reveal, that may have helped. I'm not sure though.

10. RevenentPhoenix

RevenentPhoenix Decepticon DJ

I have to say that Thunderhoof is my favorite baddie so far in RiD15. Though Grimlock is still my current favorite overall hes such a goof.

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I liked the sense of doubt in grimlocks loyalty in your initial viewing of the episode.

While hinting at grimlock actually being reluctant or under control in that scene with russell.

But what I really like is how steeljaw is in this episode. The way he addresses the controlled grimlock is actually addressing minotron returning from his mission. He never says grimlock, and is fine abandoning minitron for failure to obtain the other stasis pods.

But what's better for steeljaws characterization is how he plays with the autobots by suggesting that its not so strange that grimlock would betray them. A bit of deception even at this point to confuse and delay them. Sacrificeing his agent to escape with underbite.

12. StarScheme

StarScheme Well-Known Member

i think it's bizarre how Grimlock was labeled a decepticon despite not really doing anything outside of property damage

that seems to indicate one could be a decepticon without being evil....they just have to seen as a danger to others and the higher ranking autobots would then punish them by marking them with a decepticons symbol....branding them as a criminal

13. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that the Decepticon logo is really mark of being consider to be a criminal than actually part of the faction. It makes me think the last remnants of the true Decepticons are still out there somewhere.

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Yeah that got my attention, too. It's a bit twisted that the "good guys"/winner of the war would repurpose an entire ideology just to further vilify criminals, especially when Decepticonism came into being because of class issues (which implies the Autobots are trying to keep the causes of the Great War hidden). It's the kind of move that'd re-start the whole war all over again.

...if this is a good show. I dunno yet if this is the kind of cartoon that could or would attempt something like this or not.

15. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Good episode. I mean, it's not really ABOUT Grimlock (amusing lack of mystery about if he's actually changed sides) but a well put together episode

16. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getting into politics is completely different from being a good show or not, in fact it's usually for the better to avoid it since most of the time cartoon writers know jackshit about how politics really work and it ends up something only viewers more brainless than them enjoy. See: The Legend of Korra

17. Autovolt 127

News Credits:

I felt the exact same way. I was legit unsure the whole episode even if it was obvious he was going to become an Autobot. It takes a lot to make me question a characters loyalty. kudos to the writers. :thumb 

18. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    The mind control was obvious from the start. I will say having a pod get rescued and a criminal re-released was not something I was sure we would see. This adds some variety to the line up rather than just knocking out Decepticons week by week.

It makes zero sense that Grimlock was ever a Decepticon. Zero sense.

19. acket

acket Well-Known Member

I had hopes, but the crew is much the same as the crew of TF:p rime. Despite the many, many things I loved about Prime, their storyline dedication to side-switching and even the reasons for the war were not among them.

I don't think the writers wanted morally gray Autobots so much as they have accidentally assumed that Autobots can do no wrong and Decepticons no right, and so missed a lot of very sketchy prewar and postwar rules/laws/issues.

Like Fixit not being allowed to leave his work station. Ever. For his entire life.

20. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    No one commented about the first Bee vs Steeljaw fight