RID S01E08 Discussion and minor Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Achilles1943, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Ssargon

Ssargon He's... so... wolfy~

Me too. I like that they have the technical resources to get creative and have many unique characters of the day, gives the other recurring characters a chance to not become boring. But it's also a bit of a waste if the character is good and never shows up again...

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's so much variation in designs and personality now, it's great.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well that is a role reversal from Prime. Decepticons wanting Earth as their home.

I'm going to guess post war Cybertron is not very welcoming of Decepticon refugees.

4. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i love how they address the issue of how easily grimlock could've killed the little guy... but he didn't because that's not what autobots do. great point to bring up.

5. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Rules, which have no power on our planet. May be, have no power anywhere, beside Cybertron.

You literally said:"I want Optimus Prime to replace StrongArm's "thoughts" with his own".
    Or, like:"I want Prime to fill StrongArm's empty head with his own thoughts".

6. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Pretty good episode all around. Always good to have more Steeljaw moments and to finally see him in an actual fight, he's really shaping up to be a good villain for this series. Intended or not I think my favorite moment was Bee's expression when Sideswipe asked about the possibility of mind control, it was subtle enough to be a nod to his experiences in Prime while not such a direct reference to confuse anyone who didn't see those episodes.

Only problems I had with the episode were Minitron/Grimlock somehow not realizing Optimus was dead and couldn't have been on his way when the alarms were sounding, and how Grimlock didn't crush Minitron when he had the chance. Yeah the show is for a younger audiences but you'd think they wouldn't take any chances with a tiny bug that can control your mind and body.

And I'm sure Bee will tell Grimlock he shot all those Vehicons with stun rounds during the events of Prime. :D 

7. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    Felt like one of the weaker episodes so far. Hope they go into why property damage equates to time frozen on a prison ship though.

I read somewhere that this is like 20-30 years post-Prime and Bumblebee hasn't been able to contact anyone.

Also it's possible that the younger transformers that took on the name Sideswipe, Strongarm, and Grimlock are actually the age of an equal human and not something like the millions of years Bumblebee is vs an actual teenager.

8. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I quite liked this episode. Not the best yet, but still pretty good

I like how varied the 'Cons are in shape and size, and I really hope we start to see that among the Autobots too as the series progresses. My only gripe with the episode was the name "Minitron". It just seems kinda lazy, and when I hear it, I think a small Megatron, not a mind-controlling insect

I think Bugbite would have been a better name

9. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This was the highlight of the episode for me. Really showed Grimlock's personality and why Autobots are the good guys.

10. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Not a single rule quoted by Strongarm in the whole episode-- I like that. Pity that the rest of it seemed almost tailor-made to rustle the nitpickers' jimmies. Which is sad, because I like the episode overall; getting to see more of Steeljaw and his growing team is always cool, and I like that we got at least a little more elaboration on Grimlock.

11. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    May be, the mind- coltrolling Decepticon didn't kill FixIt, because he knows, how hard it is to be so small towards his other TF brothers. Just a few moments later he was in Grimlock's hand, begging for mercy...Because he, himself, shown the mercy towards FixIt.
    It seems that they have become secret agents, then.
    I want an oficcial commentary, what is Crown City and in what years it takes place. It seems that I have to go to the News.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    This was a pretty good episode. Had some pretty funny parts too.

It was nice to see Steeljaw getting some action.

13. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Savor the daylight, think are about to get rather dark

I was now realizing, Bee is the new Prime and Steeljaw is the new Megatron and they will be battling

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Are we sure this Grimlock does not come from some Shattered universe?

He's not rebellious and is unwilling to kill Cons.

15. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Shockwave probably messed with his brains again, I mean he did want a pet so it would explain why Grimlock is some sort of lovable puppy dog now.

16. Sumner Sturgeon

If not that, then maybe he's undergone some kind of mental tampering after being imprisoned? He does supposedly have memory problems too...

17. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Figures the episode Scott wrote is the one we tear to shreds.

Also, I love how even one Decepticon and a Parasite can take down Bumblebee and two allies. They only won because Fixit repaired the Comm. system.

18. Sumner Sturgeon

She just can't get a break, it seems.

Yeah, these guys clearly need more practise...but I suppose that's partly the point? The premise of the show was, from the start, to have a newbie team instead of being all seasoned vets like Team Prime was. That said, I hope they start getting better soon.

19. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm still liking Steeljaw. I'm surprised that we're going to see Underbite again.

20. Endgamelikespie

Endgamelikespie Well-Known Member

Although I've felt the series has been rather weak so far, (Like many a new series trying to find its place.) I've rather enjoyed this episode.

The character development is starting to stick as Sideswipe stands up for a fellow teammate, and Bumblebee is starting to fight more like his Prime self and hold his own against Steeljaw instead of being a chump to make the Decepticon of the week more threatening as he has been. Not to mention the plot is finally going somewhere as Steeljaw starts building up an army.

The show is starting to show some promise. Although I do wish some of Strongarm's developments from the previous episodes (namely the previous one) would stick.....