RID S01E08 Discussion and minor Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Achilles1943, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I liked the episode, but Strongarm's "I AM THE LAW CRIMINALS ARE CRIMINALS" Shtick is getting old real fast, especially after the last episode was supposed to ease her up a bit. Grimlock is still remaining my favorite character by far, though, and Steeljaw continues to bore me.

2. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Oh good lord you're actually serious. I mean Steeljaw is fine but...oh good lord. Seek medical attention.

3. eabevella

eabevella Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sideswipe grabbing Steeljaw's ears to ride him is pure win.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

OMFG, you're right!!!

What was I thinking? Prime Megatron was fantastic. He sat on his ass all the time, shouting pretentious, over the top dialog. He's so much better than Steeljaw.

5. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    StrongArm remains on the planet that doesn't belong to her kind, yet she demands that her "laws" must take over this planet, where she oficially is just a tresspasser and a hobo. I start thinking that she's just dumb. That explains, why she relies on her "protocols" so much- she doesn't have her own thought is this empty pretty head of hers. StrongArm can observe, but has nothing to do with the received information. Her brain doesn't go further that that.
    Even troublemaker SideSwipe seems to deserve more respect as a person and as a team mate. Regarding this "light tone" of the cartoon.

I like how the RID's Autobots easily slide to stupid fighting fun. RID gives lovely vacation time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  6. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best episode ever. Strong arm is seriously getting on my nerves though.

7. BDshop

BDshop Member

good episode overall, but is there a reason grimlock had the decepticon symbols in the first place?

8. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    I can say that this episode made me laugh and was definitely better than the previous installments. Did anyone notice the dam looked similar to Hoover Dam?

9. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Whenever Russel said that Grimlock was being mind controlled or like he had a war going on in his head and when Sideswipe asked Bumblebee if it isn't possible Bumblebee just looked (what I think) away. Maybe he remembered what had happened to him with Megatron in "Out Of His head" in Prime?

10. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Since he didn't bother to contact Rafael so far, his memory seems to be fully erased. The teams he has even been a part of, have always had troubles to work as one organism.
    SideSwipe must be right about the rust in BumbleBee's head. And now he seems to be occupied by Optimus Prime, back then - by Megatron. Always some parasites on his mind.

11. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Steeljaw is one of the best villains, he is so evil and has a great attitude, loved the Bee vs Steeljaw fight reminded me of OP vs MG

12. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    raf if probably dead...
    cybertron is totally habitated now... that would take a long time to happen...
    and look at crown city: it looks very futuristic

I think that this tv show happens in the future, in a time when raf and the others already died of old age.

13. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Achilles1943, I see that, but I did read that "RID will happen three years after the TFP" somewhere. I'd like an official commentary on that.
    I mean, I see that it seems like ten or more years regarding the Earth.

14. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, now that you mention it...
    but hey, aligned continuity is full of mistakes...

bee is not the only one with brain rust...

jazz was fighted side by side with sideswipe during WFC-FOC and he does not seem to remember sideswipe...
    and sideswipe does not remember grimlock even after they both appeared in FOC

15. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with people saying Strongarm is getting annoying. I hope eventually they drop that. She's definitely become my least-favorite of the group, I wish they had stuck with Magnus for that type of character. He worked well.

Oh, it might have been, I guess I just assumed.

16. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    FOC and Prime are not the same.

17. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    She will drop it, we all know ti is going to happen, just give it a few eps, like Ultra Magnus, she will loosen up

18. Ssargon

Ssargon He's... so... wolfy~

Probably just too small to have his own vocal processor. He spoke to Grimlock when controlling him, suggesting he's capable of speaking when he hijacks someone else's body, and when Bee said they can't kill him he nodded in desperate agreement, so he understands what people are saying on his own and without a borrowed intelligence.

19. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    Hasbro has said it before, that's not how aligned works. The "aligned continuity" is meant to be just like the "g1 continuity" in that there are multiple stories told through multiple different media forms, not all of which occur in the same universe.

As I said before, the books and video games tend to line up pretty closely, so I view them as the same entity. Prime, while having the same general back story as the games and books changed a few key details, for example, Jazz was replaced by ratchet as Prime's pre-war friend, Magnus was not actually a wrecker, but was put in charge of the wreckers to sort of reign them in, Megatron didn't locate dark energon until well after he'd arrived on earth, and so on. RID simply continues those changes. In this universe, Sideswipe is new to Cybertron and probably didn't emerge from the well until after Cybertron had begun to repopulate, and Grimlock (who may or may not have participated in the war) was arrested for property damage, and as such was labeled a Decepticon.

edit: And oh my gosh yes!!!! I think Strongarm is getting on my nerves more than any other TF character ever has. It's like no matter how many pep talks Bumblebee gives he, she slides right back into the whole quoting the rules, trust no one thing EVERY EPISODE!!! I almost wish Optimus would show up just to knock some sense into her.

20. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah, probably. I hope we get to see more of him eventually.