RID S01E01-02 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by TCJJ, Feb 20, 2015.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    April 4th, from what I heard.

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Nice Episodes,and I like the new Grimlock.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

That was kinda a fun hour special... Also since when Ben Tennyson became Grandpa Max all in a sudden?
    (Yes,it's meant to be a joke.)

Also Underbite feels like the egotistical barrelchested wrestler type.

4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was the intro in the U.S version any different from any of the past ones or is it the same as Australia's?

5. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

28 March, actually. Still a break, but not as long of one at least!

6. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

Loving Cyborg as Grimlock.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the first 2 eps... kinda surprised me, after all the rag tagging I've read here, but I could enjoy watching this with my nephew and heck, even alone. :D 

I like what they've done with Bee, love Will's voice anyway... so that helps too. Enjoyed Sideswipe and Grimmy too, and thought the VA for Strongarm was going to be so wrong, she's doing a good job voicing her. All the rules & regs will get old, soon, I hope.

So, gonna keep watching for sure, just hate that they're repeating eps 1 & 2 for the next 2 weeks....and will have to set my DVR for sure, I don't do that early a.m. for certain. :D 

8. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

Is it just me, or is Grimlock super weak for a muscle man?

9. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

I like it so far, kinda wondering how Grimlock is retconned though, if if his memory is just gone. He was a war hero, or at least should have been one during the war.

10. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Actually that is a Rerun of Pilot Part 2 for Americans but I do not know if the Canadians will get Ep 3 next week or rerun because we get our premiere this week

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little behind here. I just watched the first episode, & really enjoyed it. I like the character dynamics between everyone already. Heh, it's going to be hard to convince Strongarm that she needs to ease up on doing things strictly by the book, since her devotion to following the rules is what landed her on Earth. :) 

It's only 1 ep in, but I think it's off to a great start.

12. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    FWIW, I noticed that CN has put the first episode On Demand now and will be OD until 4/18/15 ... the 2nd ep. hopefully will be up within a week or so.

My provider has it under Kids and Teen Free On Demand, Cartoon Network has it under Transformers RID. :thumb 

13. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    FWIW, I noticed that CN has put the first episode On Demand now and will be OD until 4/18/15 ... the 2nd ep. hopefully will be up within a week or so.

My provider has it under: On Demand > Kids and Teens Free > Cartoon Network has it under Transformers RID. :thumb 

14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Did anyone else notice that Bumblebee was the only vehicle on Cybertron who can't hover? His vehicle mode is very similar, almost identical to his vehicle mode in Prime. The only difference seems to be his paint job and he never scanned a vehicle on Earth. All this seems to indicate that he never changed forms between the two series yet he has a completely different transformation and robot mode which really throws everything off. What is up with that?

There's also the oddity that is Optimus Prime's statue. He doesn't look like Orion Pax in those flash backs shown in Prime, he doesn't look like Optimus Prime did when he came to Earth, and he doesn't look like Beast Hunters Optimus Prime which being his last incarnation before he died would seem the most likely version to model his statue after. Instead Optimus gets a new body and they've some how managed to build a statue in that likeness before anyone even knows about it? What did his ghost just take on the form of the statue? I would question why a ghost even has a new body but he did actually show up at the end of the second episode so forget that.

Now moving onto the Decepticons... judging from this pilot and looking ahead at what Decepticons are appearing in later episodes it looks like exactly what I was afraid this show was going to be... Pok'emon, gotta catch 'em all! I really hope we get some more serious villains later in the series because these animals that transform into vehicles are ugly "kiddy villains". This is like what Transformers Rescue Bots would be if they actually had Decepticons on that show.

Finally... just so this post isn't entirely negative... There are some pretty funny lines of dialog. My favorites so far...

"You're a punk, you know how to take out security systems don't you?"
    "NO!" [pause] "Maybe"

—Strongarm and Sideswipe

"You ever been to Nuon City?"
    "Nooo."
    "THAT'S CAUSE I ATE IT!"

—Underbite tells Sideswipe of his over eating habits.

"Yeah transformin' into a car will make a huge difference. HELLO? I ATE A WHOLE CITY!"

—Underbite

"Oh mercy, his dad's in there!" <pause> "What's a dad?"
    "Um...it's an older member of this planet's dominant species that shares genetic material with the younger member and assists in the rearing and education of that member."
    "Oh. Why didn't you just say that?"

—Fixit gets a brief lecture on relatives from Bumblebee.

"Fixit, you are my favorite Mini-Con." [Capture device breaks] "Fixit, I'm rethinking my rankings."

—Bumblebee

"I... we... won't let you down Optimus. And if I say it enough, maybe I'll actually believe it."

—Bumblebee has high hopes for his new team.

"Autobots roll up and roll out! (pause) I'll work on that last part."

—Bumblebee's version of Optimus' famous line.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ good catch about bumblebee not hovering like the rest of cybertron's vehicles"

i think a part of bumblebee wanted to go back to earth someday and that's why he didn't "change back" to a cybertron vehicle

most of the statues in the square doesn't look like team prime maybe bulkhead is the most recognizable but the rest you have to guess which one is which

didn't even see arcee, sideswipe, or knockout statues

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Why would you see a Sideswipe statue? He wasn't in Prime. Unless we're still going with the theory that Sideswipe is actually Knockout with a name change after switching sides to the Autobots but their personalities are completely different. Knockout would never stop to save a human. Sideswipe is a teenager not a doctor. Their designs are KINDA similar and they both seem to care about their looks. However Knockout seems way more self absorbed than Sideswipe does. Sideswipe has asked how he looks ONCE so far and Knockout never shuts up about his looks.

Anyway... I'm wandering if Bulkhead having a statue there means that he died at some point between the two series. Autobots don't normally build statues of people who are still alive. They're like grave sites for fallen Heroes.

17. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Was their or is their a new episode today?

18. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    Today's episode was just a re-run of the first half of the pilot.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i meant smokescreen didn't see his statue at least i don't think i saw it

its possible that the autobots at the square have pasted away

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I finally watched episode 1 and 2. Pretty Good. I think I'll keep watching. But I really can't imagine Cyborg as the New Grimlock.