RID FINALE SPOILERS -- The Ride Is Ending, What's Your Take?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Nov 5, 2017.

1. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I thought everyone else has seen the last episode and we're giving our final thoughts? No? :D 
    In my opinion the finale was underperformed but at least the show tried something new. Establishing a new Autobot team with a different leader was a cool concept. And I also liked the idea that they were always trying to remain in disguise.

• Like Like x 3
  2. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

To me Bumblebee came across as weirdly passive. Like, Ratchet tells him "Yeah, the Council is turning Team Prime into scapegoats, they even essentially exiled me" and Bumblebee is like "Wow, that's so terrible!" But what does he actually do about it? Nothing for episodes and episodes. Weren't you a scout, dude? You want to do some scouting and figure out what's going on? Especially after the Council previously sent bounty hunters after you? No? Well . . . okay then . . .

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

I always figured the shitty situation on Cybertron was why he was so oddly psyched to be stranded on Earth. Plus right after that revelation that Ratchet delivered Optimus sets out to investigate the "new regime" and at the end of the Starscream arc Bumblebee asks about how things are going for him on Cybertron and Optimus says the situation is too fluid to say for sure.

Bumblebee didn't just take it lying down, plus according to Jazz all of Prime's old allies figured it was the will of the people, and didn't fully understand how bad it was until Drift confirmed the mind control.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Oh yeah and then Bumblebee and his team personally kicked the High Council's ass.

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It just needs to come to Netflix so I can catch up on the last of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

So, just for clarification we aren't getting a movie, because of the Starscream arc?.

How long till the next series do you think?.

7. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    I wanted to see more of ultra magnus arcee smokescreen and wheeljack throughout this series shame they never showed up on the show

• Like Like x 5
  8. Reask

Reask Predacon

I really need to catch up, I haven't watched this show since the Starscream arc and the first arc of season 3 about the Combiners never appealed to me. I do like Soundwave's redesign from what I've seen of it and it's nice to see Bulkhead shows up. But the council on Cybertron is just run by a bunch of leftover Decepticons? Seems a bit of a missed opportunity to have a different final villain. And yes I read a few spoilers just to see if anything grabbed my interest. :p 

I did enjoy a lot about the first two seasons like Bumblebee being a kid again and Windblade's really sick debut, although I was disappointed they didn't unveil the full Thirteen Prime roster and just left it after Megatronus. Wasn't Optimus meant to become Optimus Supreme or something?

But overall I enjoyed it, will catch up with season 3 later. :D 

9. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Robots in Disguise reminds of Beast Machines, but I actually enjoyed the latter.

• Like Like x 2
  10. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG FOR THEM TO MAKE ANY DUCKING PROGRESS AT ALL ON THE WHOLE COUNCIL STORYLINE?THEY BEEN STRETCHING THAT STORY OUT SINCE EARLY SEASON 2

11. Canine Hunter

Canine Hunter Banned

youtube my brother.

12. Canine Hunter

Canine Hunter Banned

I am more pissed about how long they took to show Soundwave and when they did, It was like for one episode.

• Like Like x 1
  13. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    technically 2 episodes throughout all of rid and combiner force

14. Canine Hunter

Canine Hunter Banned

I meant the newer one. I was hoping he would come back be bad for a bit then realize how Megatron wasn't evil or whatever anymore then fight with the Autobots.

15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

To be fair this was never Soundwave's show. He was just another villain in the rogues gallery and he even got his own little share of build up that most Cons in this show just don't.

I do find it interesting that neither Soundwave or Cyclonus seemed aware of Megatron's "self-exile". Starscream clearly is, having witnessed and referred to it.

16. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

I personally think Soundwave was more of a whimp on RID compared to TFP.
    I also don't like the way Megatronus was handled.

17. Canine Hunter

Canine Hunter Banned

I never saw that arc so I don't know much about megatronus.

18. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You didn't miss much. He got defeated, disappeared, and never appeared again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Hi!
    If you want to request TF RID seasons (2-3) &/or full seasons of Rescue Bots on dvd feel free to use these. The bottom is for a Mr. Nick Crosby at ShoutFactory, he is a Coordinator of Business Affairs. He responded to my email sent to ShoutFactory via their "Contact us" form when I sent my email under the "Licensing" option. When I asked him who to contact about RID seasons on DVD, he said he was the guy.

There is a generic "Contact Us" on the right hand side of Hasbro Studios website page in the link below.

About Hasbro Studios Archives -

[email protected]

Feel free to send these contacts to whoever else also wants these on dvd. Mr. Crosby was very nice and quick when responding to my two emails. He did not know TF fans even wanted more RID on DVD. Let's prove him wrong!

• Like Like x 1
  20. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    i find it easier and more sensible to just wait to watch the entire series on Netflix season by season folks

at least that way i find it easier to watch rescue bots in proper episode airing order.