RID Cartoon Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by thebruteslayer, Aug 30, 2011.

1. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Sideburn: Hey, Babe!

Mirage: Who you callin-a Babe?

Sideburn: 0_o

2. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

Its on dvd i own the 2 boxed set. Its what got me back into transformers and untill my collection purge i had the entire rid line sans fortress maximus

3. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Twitch and Twitter Personality: Popcornmouth

I love this thread....

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Finally someone else agrees with me on this.

If Armada or Cybertron had Scourge and Skybyte no one would ever talk smack about them.

5. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Out of all the human characters in the TF lore, Koji is probably my favorite.
    Or maybe it's just that he's not in it much. :p 

6. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RID is awesome, my wife who before it only liked animated actually enjoyed it too. I love the toys, bringing fortress maximus back in, all kinds of win.

As an original geewuner who loved G1 and yes loved beast wars I was super excited even in my twenties at the time to get new autobots vs decepticons stories and figures. Beasts were awesome but I wanted proper bots with alt modes.

I probably ahigher % of RID figure line than any other, only ones I don't have but like is trainsbots

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno, he gets involved enough. I think the only thing about him that really bugged me was he seemed to always happen to be where the Decepticons or Predacons showed up and he could then alert the Autobots. Apart from that though I liked him because he wasn't always saving the day like other TF human companions tended to. Nor was he suddenly capable of repairing a TF or know how all their technology worked, usually better than the TFs themselves. He went cycling and he hung around with his human buddies. He was probably the most normal of all the human companions. He was just unlucky that his father happened to get kidnapped by Megatron.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    RID had Tow-line, the autobot who just wants to tow things :D 

love that damn autobot :lol 

RID was a delightful series, that hopefully will be on dvd in america soon, Saban got the rights back from disney, so one can only hope!

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    SWORD OF FURY!!

'Nuff said :) 

10. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    It was one of my favorites, and the toys are awesome. Some of the highlights (cartoon and toyline):
    The Gestalts, aside form the Commandos (Ruination and parts) they were VERY well engineered.
    The autobot brothers. These guys were good at being a five-man-band with Optimus and T-AI.
    Humans as more than just tacked on. Prime went this route as well and the kids from Cybertron grew into it, but Koji's dad was a plot point and Koji himself wasn't as bad as some of the other humans. Also, Kelly. She needs to be in more series just for the lulz factor.
    The predacons might wind up being comic relief, but by god they TRIED. Also, Scourge, a character who should NEVER be re-released as Nemesis Prime.
    Tow-Lin (as mentioned, that episode was funny) and Skidz (who led to some of the weirdest episodes).
    Spychangers, characters who had their toys' ability to flip out arms become a proto-stealth force
    Ultra Magnus. Great toy, great character, can still carry the current autobot cars no problem.
    This is what I grew up with, alongside Armada.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The fact that his father was abducted by Megatron really gave him a purpose for being with the Autobots and for them to continually be accountable to him with their efforts to rescue him. Contrast that in light of a buncha kids hanging out with giant robots cuz their cool, but they're putting themselves in danger all of the time or being super dooper computer nerds at the age of 10 hacking into the government's network.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I loved RID. The show didn't take itself seriously for the most part, but it did bring Autobots and Decepticons back after the Beast era. For that, I'll always be thankful.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yup. When a new TF series starts I always look at the human companion characters and go 'Do you really need to be involved?'. Most of the time the answer is 'No'. And certainly with Koji there was always that underlying thing of the Autobots often failing to get any closer to finding and rescuing his father. Even when the Autobots win the battle of the day they've still got that extra mission and responsibility to fulfil. It's an idea I'd be happy to see revisited in a later TF series.

14. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Just finished it, not as climactic as Cybertron or Beast Machines but it had Goddamn Sky-Bye at the end! MOAR

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Ah, RID. The series that really got me into TFs. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

I was into RID for Scourge alone! Or as I like to call him 'Black Convoy-sama'! Though I admit his rivalry wih Sky-Byte was most entertaining!

I agree with this. The kidnapping of Koji's father is probably one of the best reasons for having a kid hang out with the Autobots.

16. Notbot

Notbot Decepticon

Every episode was a great one except, why were there a vast number of autobots compared to the decepticons.

17. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

So today is the ten year anniversary of September 11th, 2001. And I know that a R.I.D. episode didn't air that day. I'm sure someone here will know. What episode was scheduled to air in the United States on that day? And how many days was it until the show started up again? Was it not until the following week? Also, did the show pick up where it left off? I remember that I watched the show, but I didn't get really into it until further in the season.