RiD App Update September 2 2016 - COMBINER FORCE?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fasttrack, Sep 3, 2016.

1. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    hmm cautiously optimistic...

really hope these aren't going to be just two one-steps pushed into each other. groan.

• Like Like x 1
  2. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    And just like the Multiforce! Beyond this jet looking guy, I'm hoping for a boat, a half-track, shuttle, and truck, and car so a fella can make Wingwaver, Dashtacker, and Machtackle somehow!

Of course an actual Landcross would be better, but until more gets revealed I'm not even getting my hopes up as a possibility.

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    My guess is the new Combiner gimmick will be tested in lower price points (to try and add a reason to collect Legions beyond those characters who haven't gotten a Warrior class).

If they do well enough, there could be an attempt to integrate them into the warrior price point (or into the Generations line with a bit more meat to the conversions.

4. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Well, looking at the arms of "Primestrong" in particular, the hands and elbows being shaped that simply makes me believe it's about legion size, or maybe close to the $14.99 battle pack size. The individual "combiners" (bumblebee, sideswipe), though, I think are probably at least battle pack size, probably closer to warrior.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If these new Combiner force figures are at least like the Minicon battle packs if not Warrior sized that'd be good though I wouldn't be shocked if they end up being pure gimmick formers like the rest of the RID15 line.

6. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

I have honestly just played the RID 2015 App and something about it let's me now that the figures known as Combiners are basically Hero Masherswhile the Crash Combiners are obviously just like those Hero Masher 2-packs (i don't know who Skyhammer is a mash of but hopefully we'll get a Warrior of both components) Hopefully we also got Chop Shop out of this.

The Activators although I don't know that get gimmick are obviously just like the Armada Mini-Cons. I kinda feel lik Season 4 will be like an Armada/Energon mix. hope we get some Decepticons out of this.

7. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I scanned some of the RID scanning codes from the NYCC display photos, and was able to use Cryostase.

The Bludgeon toy and the white Autobot jet, both scanned in a couple of tickets to use, and when you tap or swipe Cryostase, he transforms and holds out a spinning box, which opens to reveal a prize. In my case it was just power-ups and energon... but it claims to be able to unlock characters that you haven't yet unlocked.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like my previous post at the beginning of September was lost in the changeover to the new forum software, so here is a reposting of the screenshots I posted up before, for anyone who missed them, or for future reference...

--------------------------------
    I was surprised (from the first post) that it was only another small update, considering it is introducing a new theme/concept, for the new season perhaps (season 2 was focused on Minicons, and the App had a massive update for the Minicons).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (the headshot for Greatbyte the shark-plane, is Optimus, which is an error)

I see that the main map got redone, but the mission maps are still the same, and still no new missions. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They've added a new page/screen with this update, for you to get a randomly unlocked character when you scan in a Combiner code... and it has a bot on the screen called Cryostase, who transforms into something that looks like a lotto ball machine, with cubes flying around inside a big chamber. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of his bot mode before he transformed, and now it won't show its bot mode at all, even when I shut down the game and restart it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They fixed up the glitch with the Ultra Megatronus (the scanning codes wouldn't work after one of the recent updates), but Legion Ratchet's codes still don't work.

The newest additions, unlocked. (I didn't bother with the in-game images, as they don't transform, as noted by Fasttrack in the first post)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Starscream, who was added last month.
    [​IMG]

--------------------

And a few weeks after the update, they "fixed" the headshot image for Greatbyte, but still got it wrong, swapping out Optimus's headshot with Hammer's headshot, instead of Greatbyte.
    [​IMG]

8. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    In among all of the combiner stuff, I hope they still remember the other seasons and give some toys of them. Ex. Bisk - Thermidor (easily done) Clampdown- Clawtrap, Saberhorn, Scowl, Shadelock, Roughedge, just to list a few they could do. Hopefully another update will come and show some cool stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    I just want to see the Decepticon combiner so we can start drooling over toy possibilities.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I really hope Cyrostase appears in the cartoon and or gets a toy.