RiD App Update September 2 2016 - COMBINER FORCE?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fasttrack, Sep 3, 2016.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    The game works by scanning a code on the figure, right?

So if "Beeside" is a specific character in-game, it means there's a single barcode that is located somewhere on a figure.

On top of that, the combos we've seen are "Beeside", "Strongprime". There's not a "Beeprime" or "Sidearm".

My guess? The Crash Combiner is two specific figures that are packed together with a single scan code. They likely only work together, hence the "crash". (As a side note, Skyhammer being a crash combiner suggests he's two different people in one)

But the "Activators" are going to be midsized Legion/Minicon figures that will be used to combine two standard combiner figures (in this case the standalone Bee, Strongarm, and Sideswipe)

That's why they're "Activators". Much like the Minicons before them were "Weaponizers" and before that "Deployers". The Minicon informs the gimmick.

Just like Titanmasters are central to the current Generations gimmick. Hasbro has figured out they're more likely to sell if they have direct influence on the mainline.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. DeletedUser_117894

DeletedUser_117894 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at the products the crash combiners appear to be two vehicles that crash into one another to combine.

Sideswipes pant's mode is the top half of his vehicle and much the same with Strong Arm. This leads me to believe that they probably don't have individual robot modes and that they definitely aren't Hero Mashers. Grimbee is unlikely.

While Skyhammer is undoubtedly 2 vehicles i'm not sure he's two characters.

3. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    the four pack is. just snagged the one with Autobot Dragonus, Lancelon, Bashbreaker, and Lord Doomitron 2 weeks ago at a target in Webster Texas.

4. Argus

Argus Universal Dominator

Looks very Energon in the 2 bot combiner thing. I hope they pull that off better then that line did.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Ah. Was just wondering. Wave 1 of the single packs has shown up here in Germany, but I haven't seen any reports of them appearing at US retail at all yet. Presumably stores have been burned after the first two waves of the old assortment shelfwarming.

6. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    after scanning every Hasbro RiD Figure I own, and playing a few levels, I was able to unlock BeeSide, Combiner Bumblebee and Trickout. so here are some more pics.

[​IMG]
    Despite being labelled an Activator in the character unlock page, Trickout is called a mini-con on the character select page. so Activators are most definitely still mini-cons.

Shots of Combiner Class Bumblebee from Different Angles
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oddly, just like the Crash Combiners. the combiner characters appear to be incapable of transforming. instead having "Charge" as their special move instead of "Convert"
    [​IMG]

Additional Pics of Crash Combiner BeeSide
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Additional pics of Minicon/Activator Trickout. who has Ironhide's head, Fixit style wheel legs and turns into a little Truck thing.

[​IMG]

thanks to an odd glitch in the game Trickout somehow remained in place while the game moved to a different plane. causing him to look gigantic, and giving me a chance for a great shot of his robot mode. sadly he shrunk back down to normal when he transformed back to vehicle mode.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Skyhammer is almost definitely 2 characters. like the other crash combiners. I don't know if the toys will be able to have separate robot modes. or if the idea others have had about "crashing" the vehicles together to combine into a single robot is true.
    but interestingly, when I look closer at Skyhammer's back. I can see what looks like 2 sets of smaller arms, complete with fists. (circled in these images)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

SO. MUCH. YES!
    If they're doing a whole sublime for combiners then they had better include the first combiner they introduced in the series! I've wanted a toy of Chop Shop since he was first introduced. Sure his method of combing is different to the crash combiners. But it makes me pretty hopeful we'll see Chopshop and Righty get toys :) 
    Could always use more Alchemor cons after all

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    That shot of Skyhammer makes me wonder if it won't be Skyfire and Airhammer. Because the lower half looks a *lot* like Jetfire and Airhammer is a name they've used before for flying Autobots/Maximals.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reminds me of Animated Jetfire and Jetstorm with the arms like that

9. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:

Skyfire and Airhammer were actually the names I was theorising too.
    The white with red colour scheme is very indicative of g1 jet/Skyfire
    And when I think of legacy names for a flier with "hammer" in the name BW Airhammer is what springs to mind
    However I've noticed the other crash combiners follow a naming pattern with the head taking the later part of their name and the legs taking the earlier part
    bumbleBEE + SIDEswipe
    optimus PRIME + STRONGarm
    Which would mean, that if Skyhammer follows the same naming style he would have his individual components would be (something)SKY and HAMMER(something) but it's possible that the names don't have to follow the same setup and the designers just decided that BeeSide and PrimeStrong sound better than BumbleSwipe and OptimusArm or something
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Skyfire and Airhammer are still a possibility though. And if be pretty happy to see a beast wars name return

10. PlazmaNitro

PlazmaNitro Collector of Tiny Robots

This looks...interesting, to say the least. Not really sure if I'm going to be buying any of this line. The Energon combinations worked okay, this looks like it might be better.

11. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

What if Activators are like the Mini-Cons who come with. the Power Surge Figures. The Mini-Cons who activate the electronics.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh Yes.

I can't believe I forgot about that.

Please Hasbro Make It Happen!

13. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

SuperLink all over again! Guess Hasbro's gotta get this out of their system some how. What's next? Those fucking "keys"!

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Pity it seems these guys can't transform properly. Hasbro is really determined to ensure I don't buy their toys. I miss the times when they actually wanted my money.

15. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

These combiners look interesting. I have always liked the concept of Transformers not transforming in the traditional sense, but rather, turning into a more powerful form. If these Crash Combiners are executed well, I might get some of them.

16. scottywan82

scottywan82 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So the Crash Combiners are duocons, right?

17. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the same people behind the beast hunters show are also responsible for these abominations?

They look sooo bad. about as awful as the old g1 Ultra Magnus toy was done but done in how the white prime in back stuck out like a sore thumb.

the smaller robots are literally just hanging off the back not even trying to pretend to hide themselves. lol

18. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Not quite. Instead of two vehicles turning into one robot, two robots turn into one robot.

19. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Hmm...

Activators - Seems like minicons that activate something. So maybe something like in Armada minicons activated hidden abilities or allowed cybertronians to transform in artillery ways they didn't know they could previously? They 'activate' that ability?

Crash Combiners - A botshots combination like method that's like SquawkTalk, Beatbox, and Slamdance? Kind of like combiner cassettes meets minicons, meets Transformers Energon? They each have a vehicle mode, and a bot mode, and together a bigger bot mode?

With potentially also the ability of part swapping for the DLX type? Hence Beeside, (heh, B-Side of a cassette.) and similar? So this way a DLX or bigger can have the excess abilities of another. Like Grimlock doesn't have arms or hands for finesse, but he does have bruiser arms for strength. Sideswipe and Jazz have martial arts ingrained in their motors from repetition(akin to human muscle memory), but not Grimlock's leg strength. Etc? (Fixit has said himself that he's a minicon. So he's probably exempt.) Kind of reminds me of the Kre-O commericals where they crash into each other and have each other's limbs/parts.

But from the picture, it looks like the Deluxe characters fully combine somehow. That might be their alt mode then. Because BeeSide has all four of bumblebee's wheels. Two on each arm. Whereas in his solo robot form, a wheel is on his shoulder and legs. So it looks like his legs and arms combine to become bigger arms somehow. Which suggests that he may not have an actual vehicle alt mode maybe? Only alludes to one, and if you need the toy version of Bee to go to his alt-mode, you have to use his normal toy that does that. Not a bad middle ground to make the toy forms work more comprehensively. Plus continue to sell more variations of the same figures.

Besides of course the obvious combiner team potential itself maybe later too.

Cyber keys may get skipped though, or they could be the further evolution of Activators next. Now that Activator minicons are discovered, a way to use the artillery they grant in battle without taking them into dangerous areas? (Cyberkeys/Sari's allspark key! Some manner to store that activator ability for use later without risking the Minicon's life/spark.)

I really like what RID is doing. It seems like they're going to explore these themes and ideas and let them evolve from the past in what seems like a natural progression of their fiction. Hope so at least. The activators aspect alone seems really interesting. Kind of like a part energon surge to turn a part that wasn't otherwise capable of artillery or other functions, into one that is by activating it with a concentrated energon power surge. Like how the 'power up armor' was a more spread out energon surge, this would be focused into one area only to enhance that for the boost. Or maybe they 'activate' the combining function of two crash combiners? That has potential in show, almost kind of DBZ fusion dance like or the activators act as like the fusion earrings or something, but more towards maybe in their alt mode as crashing into each other. Not sure, lots of potential here for them to explore. Story-wise, makes sense why Starscream is back and possibly hunting down certain kinds of minicons that ran away.

Really curious if that's about right. Seems like it could be close from the obvious nods and naming patterns though. (Still gotta love they worked in that b-side of a cassette tape nod since G1 cassettes were the first to do this even before Transformers Energon.)

RID is supposed to be a continuation of Prime, and Prime was 'aligned continuity' so it seems likely they may continue on this element of what each original 'Prime' brought to the Cybertronian species. Sounds intriguing to say the least! Either way, loving these nods to past series. Wonder if they'll dive into pretenders(a Sari nod if they do would rock!) as an evolution of beastformers, or if Russel and his dad might eventually gain exo-suits like how Season 4 implented Head masters/Targetmasters/Powermasters or like how Daniel and Spike did in TFTM. A kind of spin on Titans Return in RID after the Titans Return line is done in Generations?

• Like Like x 1
  20. scottywan82

scottywan82 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So more like Slamdance. They have a bot mode and an alt-mode on their own, plus a combined bot mode?