RiD #31 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Jul 30, 2014.

1. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

General Witwicky is likely calm as he's dealt with transformers before and has dealt with a lot in his life- you have to remember that this is a man who sent his own son into a war zone as a first choice. Witwicky has also had first hand experience of dealing with transformers- remember at the end of AHM when Kup and the General had nice chat during the aftermath.

Also, he's unlikely to be a facsimile construct as he was only a minor officer before AHM and therefore not of interest to the Decepticons.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I expect if that was intentional, it's probably meant to show how similar Prowl is to the Decepticons.

3. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Pretty good issue - definitely much better than the last few were.

That said, the Cosmos thing bugged me a bit: if he was 5 light hours from Earth, and the Autobots were on Earth, then they should be able to communicate in real time the way they did. Just as the light from Earth would take 5 hours to travel to Cosmos, any electromagnetic signal would also take 5 hours.

4. TheSpartanD

There's this, as well as the fact that the Laws of Physics state that Cosmos shouldn't be able to take a picture of Thundercracker's home from that distance.

5. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Thing is, characters have talked to each other in real-time dozens of times despite being many, many light-years away. Not like this is the first time it's ever happened.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

OOPS, looks like I wrote that Prowl said something to "Masterpiece." I changed it to "Wheeljack." I meant to type Wheeljack, I swear, because that's totally who Prowl said it to in that scene. I've been typing the word "Masterpiece" before "Wheeljack" so often (any guesses whether I'm anticipating it? :)  ) it was bound to happen sooner or later that I'd make a mistake.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Ah. I couldn't remember who he said that line to and assumed it must have been a minor character who's name you couldn't remember but has/is getting a Masterpiece toy so you substituted his name with Masterpiece.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This was a pretty fun issue to read. The cliffhanger at the end was the best; I'm looking forward to see where it goes.

Also, props to Barber for taking a mostly shit story line (Jazz and the human killing) and making it work. Touche.

9. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me where Jetfire's 'robo force' looking drone came from?

10. TheSpartanD

D.O.C first appeared in RID #29, he was built by Jetfire.

11. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finally got around to reading it, my favorite bit was Jetfire invoking a little Wheeljack about not getting shot with the stealth paint. One thing to note, it seems they are setting up Galvatron to be friends with Alpha Trion, I expect there will be some retaliation from him when he finds out what the humans have been doing.