RiD #31 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm wondering what the heck is going on with Scoop. Hope we see him in the present soon.

Cosmos' interactions with Prowl and Kup were pretty funny. Poor guy. In fact, there was a lot of banter I liked this issue.

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I figure that means he knows already.

3. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's clear that Prowl knows about it already. We have seen he has been at the top of his game since Earth it's probably even factored into his plans for now.

4. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Oh I could definitely see Prowl already knowing about it, just seemed weird how they started talking about it and then just kind of dropped it.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Enjoyed this issue! Best of the "new" RiD.

Here's my take on Prowl (and I hope I'm right, as I can't think of much else that makes sense).

-he had the Constructicons leak the location of Trion.
    -he knows or guesses that the mind bomb can be re-used and made more powerful, and he's just seen that it can be focused and used against only Decepticons.
    -he timed everything so that the Decepticons and Autobots are tangling right on top of the mind bomb
    -he's threatening Jazz so that he doesn't disconnect Trion
    -he's going to convince or compel Trion to give all the Decepticons, who are right on top of him, a lethal zap
    -trot out with his smug little smile and explain to Prime how he and only he was right all along (and wait for someone to punch him)

Clearly the spanner in the works here will turn out to be Jazz, Trion, and/or the Decepticons' refusal to act as Prowl predicts. The Constructicons could also really be betraying him. Also, if Optimus finds out the jig is up, as Prowl is clearly committing treason and he probably actually doesn't want to summarily kill all the 'cons.

...I just really hope this whole thing isn't "Prowl's crazy! NOSEBLEEDS!"

Is it just me, or would this whole thing get wrapped up if Soundwave and Optimus would actually talk to one another? Neither of them are really asking a hell of a lot. However, their last interaction was Optimus shooting Soundwave in the face, and Soundwave seems to reserve for Prime an overriding loathing.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, read this last night and...I liked it!
    This definitely felt more solid. Loved the part with Cosmos. :lol 

Three very minor things:
    -Galvatron seems to act more fair and balanced in the post-Dark Cybertron flashback than he does in the present. Not sure if it felt that way to other readers.

-the page with Metroplex transforming would have benefitted GREATLY from some additional effect layers. Some blur, a bit lightened. Right now it looks like a miniature Metroplex, not a giant in the background, which was kind of odd :lol 

-I know Cosmos' altmode is a flying saucer, but does he really have FTL engines of his own? Seems a bit too powerful, but he had to warp/fly faster than light travels in order to catch that image. I don't think he took a shuttle, I think those are 'short distance' and I'm not even sure they have one apart from Sky Lynx.
    All in all though, not any weirder or more impossible than Spotlight Hoist's Forbidden Planet, so not really a critique. :) 

Instead of buying RID for support/guilty pleasure, I'm now actually, genuinely, kind of excited for the next issue. I've been burned on RID before (TWICE) so still a bit cautious. Please keep it up!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, I forgot, Cosmos' little trick there was genuinely cool. As Digilaut points out, that means he must be FTL himself, which is not unheard of in this universe. It does make Prowl's comment about "full burn" a bit weird though.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have to believe the book is better than that - Prowl being not-in-his-right-mind was already the pay-off to one story arc that involved him slowly committing worse and worse acts, so I can't believe they'd go there again.

10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Both are.
    They have just different approach.
    Magnus is slave to rules.
    Prowl makes rules working for him.

He always had emotional reactions to his failures. No table in the universe was safe.
    Losing his temper is nothing new for Prowl.

What ethics? We're taking about bot who was perfectly fine with brainwashing Kup and stuffing Overlord on LL.
    The only reason why he sent Impactor to jail were rules, but otherwise IDW Prowl never was very high on ethics. :) 

I can totally see what Prowl is trying to do. He's goading humans into confrontation with Cons, which is why he allowed Cons to get the intel and location of the base.
    Problem is, Galvatron seems to speak kindly about Alpha Trion and if he finds that humans did imprison Trion... Then things may go really brutal.
    So this time Prowl may end outsmarting himself.

Besides, it looks like Prime starts to be fed up with Prowl's approach.

11. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    And I think we're going to get that. Just look at the subscription cover for #32. And looks like Prime is going to put a end to his schemes.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hopefully...

Also, I'm really liking IDW Arcee now. This is easily the most sympathetic she's been since... well, ever, actually.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  13. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you saying Prowl is using the Constructicon that was communicating with the Deception ship as a double agent? I didn't think of that possibility.

14. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Yup, that's my theory.

It was the simplest way to point Cons at human base and cause even more tension between allies.

And Prowl doesn't look very concerned with human casualties.

Though, if Cons are honest, Prowl's scheming may end with actually killing a chance for peace because Cons will have no place to settle.

15. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everything he has done up to this point is messing with the humans and the Decepticons: having Devastator come out into the open, exposing the Decepticons and then showing that the military has a new anti-Transformer weapon. RID is pretty much Prowl making fools of them.

16. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW Prowl is not a nice guy. IDW Autobots are not always the good guys. I still think Prowl can betray the Autobots. I also think Prowl is one smart bot and he honestly may be manipulating the Constructicons as they are changing his allegiance.

I am not sure why Prowl stop Jazz from reviving Alpha Trion but I sincerely doubt he has the elder mech's life best interest. Plus I do not think Prowl is insane...

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Mexico line was great.

Scooper?

18. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm currently half way through, and Prowl is a slimeball. Poor Cosmos, can't catch a break.

19. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    I think even if you were somehow able to get Optimus and Soundwave to sit down and talk, Prowl and Galvatron would still screw things over.

20. ajiego

ajiego sever

News Credits:
    Decent issue, enjoyed more than the last one. I liked the whole jazz perspective.

This take on soundwave is interesting. I do think that a lot of these problems could be solved by the two sides talking it out. The autobots let megatron slide (not exactly but still) so why not the others.

Was shocked to see scoop there cause OMG decepticons and holy cow it's scoop. And was it just me or was frenzy/rumble's knee pads smiling at me.