RID 2015 "minicons" Slipstream, Sawback, Dragonus, Divebomb (wave 1)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Pavol Palat, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

soooo minicon in name only, more of a data disk kind of thing. got it, already checked out of this line.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sawback the wolf has cute lil' stumpy legs.

He's a Corgi wolf. :) 

3. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, today I found Slipstream and Divebomb, my favorite of the Autobot and Decepticon Minicons. What do I think about them?
    They're great!
    [​IMG]
    I had high expectations, then I was a little worried when I heard about QC problems some people were having. Luckily, my two have no QC issues. There's no articulation, but they still look nice next to their Masters. Slipstream's Headsculpt is awesome as well. It's painted very well, and the eyes are sculpted! That's right, they have pupils in them! It's sad that these guys have them, but the warrior class figures don't.
    [​IMG]
    The weapons are pretty much useless to me, so I didn't bother with them except the swords for Slipstream, and the guns for Divebomb.
    Overall, if you're a fan of the characters in the show, and you're a fan of the Discs from FOC, these are for you. For those who didn't care for the data discs, this isn't for you.
    I'm giving these guys a 4/5.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The lack of any articulation just kill these things for me. Just forward and backward arm and leg movement would've convinced me to at least get the toon guys.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I get it. I get what these toys are supposed to be. They are fun little toys. I picked up all of wave one and Drift and Fracture, and I have been messing with them on the table for the last few hours. If you just want to sit around the table and shoot them at each other, they are cool. If you want something that poses nice with great articulation, these are not for you. I love the bonus lion that you can make from the extra peices as well.

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I loved the data disks and I still have them out and mess with them from time to time, but I just don't like these new minicons. I grabbed a Slipstream just to check them out and it was pretty much instant regret. I loved the data disks because they had pretty clever transformations especially for being spring activated and some even had articulation. They were pretty good quality overall too.

I just don't get that feeling from these.

7. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Wave 1 of these and the Fracture Deployer yesterday. I really like the Mini-Cons themselves. I agree that a traditional Mini-Con port would've been nice. The Decepticon ones being limited to just the Fracture Deployer and the Autobot ones to Drift are also disappointing. While I think the launching gimmick is pretty bad (And Fracture an awful figure), for $5, these are cool.

They're fun to mess with and armor up. A few of the bits and pieces can be used as Legion accessories adding some extra value. I think they've done a good job at constructing unique bots with the same altmodes. They don't have articulation, but they look nice and they're cheap (But don't feel cheap like the data disks did). These are great for kids and the first gimmick of the RiD toyline that feels worthwhile.

8. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I only wanted the raptor, but since he's not out here yet, I got Dragonus and Sawback. They're actually pretty nice.

9. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Saw them at Target, and Dragonus was the only one that really appealed to me. I kind of like him. He's fun to fiddle with, and his hovertank mode just looks good to me somehow. I may dip into the waves a little, but probably won't get most of them.

10. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Can you use Autobot disk with Fracture?

11. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, I believe I used Autobots in Fracture and Decepticons in Drift. It's been a few weeks. I know for sure though that I put Decepticons in Drift with no problem.

12. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Excellent, my customs are still planned then!

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they're fun little toys and my son (age 5) enjoys them immensely. It just goes to show you articulation doesn't mean much when you have imagination.

14. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Technically doesn't get covered in this thread, but I picked up Sandsting the other day (almost considered picking up Ratbat, but eh. Sandsting was clearly the winner in this wave considering I picked up the last one and three Ratbats were still left with two of Beastbox and Velocirazor... I am of course assuming it's 3 apiece in a box).

Yeah, clearly miniature G1 Scorponok. Everyone says to lift up the tail to do the auto-transform, but I find it easier to just split the legs apart to do the same thing. No articulation to speak of except lifting the tail, but I suppose that's "normal" for these things.

As the only one of the Minicons I picked up it's pretty inoffensive, although I seriously question the purpose of the translucent armor pieces. I don't think I have much incentive to go back and pick up Dragonus, though, but for $5 having a miniature desk buddy isn't all that bad.

15. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we, as adult collectors (mabye I shouldnt speak so broadly..) think we know what kinds want, because of our perspective. I think we lose some of the imagination we had as kids, and dont even realize it.
    For example..it took me having kids to realize really what kids love toy wise ( i keep my kids away from video game overload). My kids LOVE the lil minicons.

No articulation..From my perspective I thought the minicons would be a huge flop, and I thought they were really weak.

My kids? they LOVE...LOVE..these lil things. I thought the armor bits were the coolest part..my kids tossed em aside and just played with these lil things.

they have the same "articulation" as Green army men...but as a kid, I remember seeing them WAAAaay different than I do now.

Hell..since Ive had kids my entire perspective on toys have changed. I still like what I like, but I have really changed. Ive even looked back on boards to see how I used to post on threads and its like I was a different person.

yea, these may not be a collectors cup of tea, but to those with alot of imagination, or a kid, I think they are golden.

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I have ratbat and sandsting so far, and I think theyre pretty cool.