RID 2015 Episode 26 Discussion: Battlegrounds Part 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Slingshot, Jun 15, 2015.

1. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

I get the feeling after watching this that at least we're gonna get Fallen as the over all big bad for the next season and probably Steelclaw (so weird seeing that name as a bad guy rather then a good cassette tape) as probably working with the Bots against him and licking his wounds from the last battle. He won't be teaming up again with the Fallen after what happened, so I'm guessing we may see him play a different role next season.

Strongarm as a damsel, not 100% sure on that one. Most of the time it's both her and Swipe getting captured, but I get the feeling it's because both are young and not as experienced as Bee, Drift, Grim, or Wind. So I take it as much as par for the course as I take all the young bots being captured and used by the bad guys as per usual in a TF show.

Wow who to give the matrix too. It may lead to Bumblebee, unless they surprise us and have it be Sideswipe that gets it. On the other hand you do have smokescreen, so maybe this will be more Bee growing as a leader rather then getting the matrix. Also wasn't this done with Cheetor as well? So wouldn't that just be rehashing the story.

Also hoping for Sunstreaker in Season 2, Sideswipe needs his twin.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

3. darkspellmaster

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Binged the back half of the season the other day.

It's not a bad season, but there were several bits that were "too easy". Megatronus in particular. He appears with minimal effort on behalf of the 'cons, he has vaguely defined powers, and his defeated by tools doing something new that largely rendered Optimus as being unnecessary.

On the plus side, at least this series gives everyone some characterization so they're not the cardboard cutouts that 3 seasons of Prime left us with and I actually liked the animation.

6. darkspellmaster

Pattern seems to be taking the whole "Beast Wars/Machines were too adult for the younger set we need to keep this easy for them so let's do RID" situation all over again.

I think they only showed a bit of him because he's going to be the big bad in the next season. Since I don't think they fully got rid of him and there's Steeljaw still lurking.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Personally my theory is that Steeljaw was a red haring. They made you think he was going to be the Decepticon leader for the series when really it's going to be the Fallen.

Steeljaw is more the Starscream type character of the series in that he has aspirations for leadership but never quite makes it there. And I'm guessing that the other Decepticons won't trust him now since he was last seen talking to himself (No one else could see the Fallen till he came threw the portal) and almost caused the destruction of two planets by helping the fallen.

Thunderhoof was already questioning his leadership being that he was a boss back on Cybertron and allowing the traitor Clampdown into their ranks. Steeljaw is really not a very good leader. There's more in fighting under his command than there ever was with Megatron. I don't think he has the power to keep everyone under control like Megatron did.

The Fallen however, while there would still be in fighting, there would be a lot less of it. I think with his power they'd be too scared to ever challenge his leadership like they do with Steeljaw. Steeljaw seems the only one who would try, making him like Starscream.

8. darkspellmaster

But I can't see The Fallen actually going and leading a group of Decepticons at all. He'd be more likely to go it alone ala Megatron from Beast Machines. He's a former Prime, and would more likely use drones to get his work done over say using an actual team that could fall under his command.

Steeljaw will probably be plotting a way to get power from him, but I don't see him working for the Fallen, he doesn't strike me as one of those kinds of characters. I think you'll probably see Steeljaw probably creating the term Predacons as a means of breaking off from the Fallen and starting his own group again.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Even BM Megatron realized he couldn't stop all the Maximals on his own and created the Vehicons. After his first failed attempt and having Optimus around he would need a team to keep the other Autobots distracted. There's no reason that after failing once alone that he would continue to work alone.

Predacons already exist in this universe and are something completely different. I can't see him taking the name when the Predacons are all Dragons. Also I actually kind of wish that the Predacons were the main bad guys of this series since Predaking is still around and it would make more sense as a sequel than just ignoring his existence and starting with a whole new cast.

10. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I can see that.

11. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Megatonus was a very disappointing villain

Decent finale otherwise.

12. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why did Megatronus give a crap about Earth in the first place? He says that it played a role in his "humiliating exile". Since when? How could his exile be humiliating when he chose to do it to himself?

13. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Watched it again, it was pretty boring.

14. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Or better yet, how did he know Unicron was Earth, it could have been Mare for all he had known

15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Yeah that came out of nowhere...I mean us the long time fans know the Earth is Unicron from Prime but kids and newcomers to the series have no idea of this so it's like....what the fuck?

16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Well he did say both Cybertron and Earth played a role in his imprisonment...???

17. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    But he never goes into detail about it, and i think that's the problem.

Their's no depth with Megatronus.

18. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

It's not Cybertron and Earth, it's Primus and Unicron.
    Everything about him is untold, that is why i hope he will return.

Also self exile or got exiled.
    We don't know how twisted he has become during the exile(like loke between thor and.avengers), and what he thinks and what the other primes thinks of his exile and the reason for it, and what and who is to blame.

Only thing we know is that something gave him powers to get revenge on who ever he blames for what ever he thinks happened to him

19. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess: Body Destroyed does not mean spark is extinguished in this case. (Doesn't the Fallen exist in multiple universes?)

It's possible that we'll see him again in a different form.

jD001

20. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Probably.

Probably in the epilogue TV movie finale or RID, The Fallen's Rising. :p