RID 2015 Episode 26 Discussion: Battlegrounds Part 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Slingshot, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Well, technically all cybertronians contain a fragment of the allspark within them, and the primes gave optimus a fragment of each of their sparks.

2. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Maybe it's his essence? They were really vague with everything, but I figure his essence can be in two places at once somehow.

3. Liliwen

Liliwen Well-Known Member

We don't need to use spoiler tags anymore, do we?

- Megatronus. We don't know much about him or his character other than he must destroy that which wronged him, and because of that he comes off as a generic villain. His back story for killing Solus and being exiled holds no weight because we don't really know who Solus is; she's nothing more than a name drop. And why does he want to destroy Earth? What has Earth done to him? It's hard to fully care about his revenge since I don't know or understand enough to become particularly invested in it in the first place.

- Megatronus' power is really convenient. He can take out Unicron's anti-spark, call upon the allspark, and destroy both Earth and Cybertron in less than half an hour, and in order to do that all he really needs to do is stand still. I get he needs to be powerful, but it just happened really fast for me. Honestly, I was waiting for the staff to power up or something to get Unicron's anti-spark before I realized that Megatronus already had the anti-spark and that it took less than a second to actually get.

- All of the mystical powers surrounding Optimus and his journey kinda fell flat. Special powerful sword given to him by the Primes? Now Bee has three! Spending all those long cycles training and receiving power from the Primes that had the potential to kill him upon first contact? Didn't seem to matter much in the end. I'm glad that Bee and his team were able to help, and I'm also glad that Optimus didn't come off as an infallible saviour, but the payoff for Optimus' journey wasn't there for me. I'm fine with it though as long as it comes later, which I assume will be the case since I don't think Megatronus is dead, and since we might also see who gave him that power in the first place.

I did like the finale though. Megatronus has a great design, especially his helmet. I also can't wait to see who gave Megatronus his power, since I'm doubting it was Unicron. Also Team Bee is really strong now. :lol  Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe, Grimlock, Fixit, Drift and his minicons, Windblade and Optimus Prime himself. But I'm glad Optimus is staying. His character has more emotion than in Prime, and since the team dynamics are a lot better here than in Prime, I'm eager to see how Optimus interacts with the team.

4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Bit of a lack luster in terms of Megatronus but it was alright, nice to see they all still remember they're walking on Unicron...

5. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

I must be in the vocal minority that thought the Autobots' power armor was kickass. I want some Dr. Wu or Fakebusker addons for the Warrior class figures now...

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was a little disappointed because megatronus was defeated easily

optimus and windblade sticking around - that's ok

the entire episode "felt rushed = wrap everything up type of vibe for me"

megatronus said something like "some sent me" - who sent him - quints?

i guess season 2 is around the corner

7. Whitesky

Whitesky Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who is a little disappointed that Optimus is staying? I mean, the whole reason I was really into this series is because they tried something that before, wasn't really considered. They made a show where Optimus isn't the main focus.

This show was special, because for once, we were made to focus on everyone else and didn't have that character who you immediately go to when things hit the fan. We have someone who is just as uncertain about what to do in a crisis as we are.

Why not have Optimus travel Earth and continue his training in other countries and keep Bee as the leader here?

I just feel that the show has lost what made it special.

8. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

the bee, sideswipe and strongarm thing just made me think of headmasters circle of friendship defeating galvatron...

9. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

megatronus will be back, probably tormenting steeljaw. i hope it's liege maximo that powered up megatronus and not just something else unicron related.

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Yeah, I feel the same. Optimus Prime is literally a demigod in this, they'll really have to find ways to work around his power level once he starts fighting folks like Steeljaw. I expect/hope he'll be off on another task during the first episode of season 2 so Bee can continue his development and they won't have to rely on the Prime to save the day at all.

11. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

He could stay at the base, become fixits sidekick and go on actions with Denny while both of them being facepalmed by Russel.

Optimus and Denny finishing the rollercoaster

12. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    So just caught up.

I can understand with potentially how big unicron's body is how remnants of hid spark could be around.

What i don't is that Megatronus said he was given additional power from someone else too.

Now my question is who in all of Transformers fiction would want BOTH Primus and Unicron dead?

Side note: No question in my mind Unicron will have a part to play in season 2 with a small part of his spark restored.

13. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Oh ok I noticed people complaining that Optimus is an Demigod. Remember what MEGATRON is now thanks to UNICRON at the end of Prime a DEMIGOD.

14. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Mixed feelings about the finale.

I would have loved if the skies stayed dark and became ok after the death/disappearance of Megatronus. Certainly would have helped to set the mood right. Skies becoming clear before the ending kind of killed the mood.

We are yet to find out who gave Megatronus the power. I don't think it was Unicron.

I also have a feeling that Decepticons may not be animals in Season 2.

What bugs me is that in Prime the earth's military forces knew about the Transformers. All the light shows happening throughout the first season may have caught the attention of Unit-E. Where are they now? Will we see them in Season 2.

I loved the new armor on the Autobots. They looked like Knights and I love it.

Overall, it's a good series. Good first season. However, the season's finale just didn't click with me. It was ok but it certainly could have been better.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^well put, other subjects or ideas are left hanging for viewers^^

has anyone noticed how the whole team wanted to stay as a team but sideswipe was having second thoughts

bumble bee had a good battle cry - leader worthy battle cry

strongarm said something like "staying on earth has better training than the academy" – she almost/kinda gave up on the academy - postponing her career as a cop

drift and the minicons wanted to stay to have more education

sideswipe needs to keep strongarm in line not the other way around

interesting concept that optimus will be an equal to bumble bee

16. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Megatronus story seriously derails this show.

I enjoyed the last batch for the most part (only Grimlock focused episode where he actually got some development imo) but the Megatronus storyline just went everywhere.

17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just felt like Megatronus' storyline came out of nowhere and was rushed.
    I really hope this is just the beginning of that storyline, otherwise it was a pretty big waste of potential.

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ agreed it would be a shame if Megatronus would disappear after this episode and it would be a big waste of potential ^^

yeah the show was a bit rushed and the episode felt a bit short

19. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    But then why wouldn't he help? With the powers at his disposal you'd think he'd be the driving force in all of their coming battles. And if he did decide to leave things in Bee's hands, If trouble ever came to the team, Bee would still have an instant win for him to call upon at any time. Optimus's presence kind of throws the show for a loop regardless.

Well for one, Megatron's not in this show, for two, he's no longer a villain, and for three, there's a difference between having an uber-powerful villain and an uber-powerful hero.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have to agree. This episode kind of sucked. Season finales shouldn't be like this especially when most of the episodes are really enjoyable.

Megatronus was a fucking joke and jobber. He had no depth to him, no explanations on his origins and his voice was awful...seriously they couldn't have got Tony Todd back for this?

I'm disappointed that Steeljaw's pack excluding Steeljaw himself all got captured. Great now we have no main Decepticon cast. :(  I know Steeljaw could just gather new members but I was digging that team.

Optimus's return felt pointless in the end but i'm glad he didn't take the thunder away from Bumblebee. He's now his equal and will most likely be the moral guidance and support Bee needs as well as the muscle.

Rev Up And Roll Out!....That catchphrase is awesome. The best part of the episode.

oh and Windblade is here to stay which is nice.....now the wait for Season 2 will be a pain.