Richard Roeper is Inconsistent

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Oct 9, 2011.

1. MBE2Shockwave

MBE2Shockwave Active Member

News Credits:
    He liked Thor and Pirates 4 like come on . He gives good reviews to the studio that does the most for him .

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I always cant help but feel as if professional critics are paid by production companies to bash/promote others/their movie. Its as if they get paid to be assholes and rip movies new ones.

Such as how Roger Ebert praised 2012 for the same thing he complained about ROTF having.

3. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

someone actualy liked that film!?

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

maybe he does or maybe he doesnt. May be just a personal hope of his. If someone dislikes someone I dont think they should be violating them

DOTM is rewatchable which is new for me and the TF movies. Lazerbeak surprisingly good. However I do know I am forgiving this movies short comings to finally be able to watch one and enjoy it. This is mostly a setup done by how bad the first two movies are and are nearly not even Transformers identifiable. ROTF was so bad I just wanted a semi decent movie and they really kept me in because it was not overtly childish and stupid humor. No more thongs and balls. So as a TF fan its a win but as a movie goer there are some missing elements to a good film especially plot holes continuity acting in occasions propaganda scenes which do cheapen the flick. I just wish they gave more of the already created characters more of a role and personality. they got to render them in the background might as well animate them since it takes about the same amount of time to render.

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I can't believe how inconsistent he is. Imagine if the fans were that inconsistent! Like if some hated G1 because it had unrealistic robots and mass-shifting, but praised the movies because physics don't matter in popcorn movies? Or if they said that it made so much money that proved the movie is good, but then went and bashed other hit movies that made a ton of money? Or if they said they don't care what critics think, but searched for every word out of their mouths and bitched about it for years afterwards?
    That's just too hard for me to imagine, actually. How absurd!

6. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    2012 :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

TBh I found the film watchable and even cool. But Roger should at least try to cover up his pay check from Sony.

He praises it for the same thing he criticized ROTF for.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Film critics aren't paid by production companies or movie studios. Film critics are paid by a media outlet like a newspaper, TV station, or website that are looking for professional reviews to attract people to their newspaper, TV channel, or website. In the current era information sells even information about movies.

Just think of the absurdity of this production teams buy off critics conspiracy theory. If Paramount can spend $200 million making a movie and critics were for sell, couldn't they just buy off enough critics to make it the most well reviewed movie on the face of the planet? Films like District 9 or Moon should have been ripped apart because they barely had enough money for production much less kickbacks for all the positive reviews they got.

I guess all those great reviews that Pixar films get are just because Pixar has deep pockets and has nothing to do with the actual over all quality of their films.

Fans these days are just such a thin skinned group that some of them just can't take any criticism of the things they enjoyed. There are film critics that really ripped into Army of Darkness but that doesn't mean that I like the film any less just because everyone doesn't like it the way I do.

8. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Fast Five is a hell of a lot better than DOTM. Roeper may be a shite critic but I'll agree with him on this one.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    ...I did. :confused2 

I see what you did there. :thumbs2: 

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I find it hard to believe the levels of intricate conspiracy theories people develop to explain why movie reviewers didn't like the Transformers films, compared to the occam's razor of "it's not a masterpiece of cinema".

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And yet if he had liked DOTM and disliked Fast 5, this thread would not exist.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Because, apparently, some people cannot look past the "I liked it, so everyone should like it" disorder.

Take Split Lip for example:

The only problem is: SL gets to dictate what "valid" and "stupid" actually means, and not everyone agrees to those terms.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems to be a problem of fandom in general these days.

If you enjoyed a video game but that game got a bad review then it has to be some conspiracy because you liked the game so everyone in whole world must also like it.

If you like a fast food place and it gets criticized for not having enough healthy options then that's got to be some evil conspiracy to bring down your favorite fast food place.

If someone doesn't like a song that you like then the person who didn't like the song has to a hater who doesn't like the performer for some reason other than the song.

It is strange times when fans start running with this idea that because I like something then no one has any valid reasons for not liking what I liked.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Nah, I'm not just talking about you personally. I'm referring to many members of the boards who I've seen so aggressive against critics who dislike the films.

15. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    fast five is unrealistic tooo and so does all of the movies is out! he just hate M.bay and Transformers!!!!!!!!!!:wtf: 

16. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Tirade? Tirade? Really?? The guy reviews movies for a living. I guess you call it a "tirade" because his opinion does not agree with yours.

I'm a Transformers fan, and I can say... I LOVED Fast Five and bought it the day it was released on DVD. I'm EMBARRASSED by DotM.

17. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Yeah, "botboy" is a wonderful example of "fandom." Fantasize about killing someone because they did not like the movie that gets them sexually excited.

18. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Still don't understand why kids get so wrapped around the axle when someone doesn't like what they like. Just because they're on TV or the internet doesn't make their opinion more important when it comes to individual taste.

19. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    It's only when Critics are acting like unlikable assholes and forget certain parts of the movie, or have a terribly written review. Someone said that Roeper said
    "It's stupid because it's dumb", which sounds like it was written by a five year old.

(I won't confirm because I don't want to waste my time)

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

But they are different types of films, so you really cant say his opinions are inconsistent.