Rhode Island Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Jul 29, 2007.

1. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wave 4 as in Perceptor and Topspin, or just Krok, Quake, and the other usual peg warmers?

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, our Ollies have not seen the Misfire wave yet.

4. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Latter not the former

5. Lazeric

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Providence Wal-Mart had 2 sets of the wave 3 deluxes (Terrorcons), I grabbed one set, left the rest there, about 7pm tonight.

6. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date July 29th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon July 29th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) SDCC Exclusives yay or nay? The SDCC Exclusives have been announced and one set ins a definite buy buy buy. Are you buying.
    (2) Are Transformers Masterpiece figures the new "HOT TOYS " for Transformers collectors . (3) Transformers Cyberverse is it the next evolution of Generations? Let's talk about it. Keep an eye out for our other great events planned for 2018 at this location. "Until all have one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lazeric

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Providence Wal-Mart has wave 2 POTP deluxes if you're still looking for those. A couple each of Sludge, Snarl, & Rippersnapper, 1 Moonracer, as of around 8pm tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It’s a bummer but I haven’t been here in awhile and going to miss it. Was gonna Bring some big boys too, like FT Omega Supreme and Toy Worlds Devestator.

9. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone been to Ollie's lately? Wondering if they got new stuff, but not enough to make me drive to Woonsocket again.

Also, if anyone see's a Cyber Battalion Shockwave around, let me know. Thanks!

10. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We went there a few weeks ago. They had I think 2 double-cross???, 1 krok??? (I'm not 100% sure on the deluxes). They also had 1 Octane and about 10 Overlords. We only bought 1 Overlord. Still waiting for that Misfire wave to show up. We talked to the guy who handles toys and they have zero idea what they will get in unless it's something being pictured in an upcoming circular for an advertised sale. So the employees are just as in the know as we are. Just gotta keep checking (and hoping) if the Misfire wave shows up.

I have that Shockwave for sale. Opened and Transformed only once, then put back in the box. Never displayed or played with. Like new. Local Pickup available in a public area. Providence/North Providence. $20 Cash.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  11. Lazeric

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I ended up going to Ollie's this past Friday after hearing the wave 5 news. I knew it would be eating at me all weekend if I didn't go check, so I had the time and got it out of the way. A couple Kroks and Quakes maybe, and 2 Overlords were all I saw.

Would love to get Twin Twist, Misfire, and even Wolfwire at that price, if anyone happens to catch them when there's a bunch there and wants to pick up extras. And I'd be willing to do the same, especially if you're local to make the exchange in person so shipping doesn't have be involved. I'm in the Pawtucket/Providence area.

• Like Like x 1
  12. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe we should just buy their remaining deluxes and see if that causes them to restock?

13. Lazeric

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Compared to what they HAD for dlx, they've definitely sold a lot. So if they actually keep track of such stuff, they'll know there's a market here for 'em.

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I mean there's like 3 deluxes left at the store last I checked (2-3 weeks ago). Maybe if we buy them, they'll order more and get in the Misfire wave. Might be worth a shot.

15. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

As of Friday, Aug 31, Ollie's Woonsocket had loads of TR Blitzwing and Octane ($13 each), the Krok wave of Deluxes (no Misfire/Windblade/Twin Twist), and 20+ TLK Hotrods ($8 each). They're on a special display kind of near the registers with some other toys, not in the normal Ollie's Toy Box section.

I'm pretty annoyed at how difficult it is for me to get to Ollie's. It's on the north and of route RI-114. My neighborhood is just off the south end of RI-114. In the country's smallest state, travelling from one end of a route to the other should be a simple affair. I tried it once. I'm pretty sure RI-114 has a discontinuity in Providence. Google maps didn't show it all the way through, and my road atlas has a blank spot in 114. Now, I take 146 from Providence to Woonsocket, which is marginally better.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

Sep 8: Woonsocket Ollie's got a lot more Overlords ($20) and a single case of TLK Wave 3 Deluxes ($5). I grabbed Strafe, Crosshairs, and Drift, so there's 1 left of each, and 2 Bees.

There's still lots of Blitzwing/Octane ($13), Hot Rod ($8), and Krock/Twinferno/Quake/1 other ($8). No Windblade/Twin Twist.

• Like Like x 3
  17. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date September 30th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon September 30th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Movie Madness. No not the Bay-verse Movie and Bots. The 1986 Movie just hit the big screen again and was a huge hit. Did you go and see it? Lets talk about it!
    (2) Generation one rules. To Celebrate the return of the G1 Movie G1 Bots or restyled updated versions are the name of the game this go round . (3) Transformers War For Cybertron: Siege is it the next evolution of Generations? Let's talk about it. Keep an eye out for our other great events planned for 2018 at this location. "Until all have one

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. Lazeric

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This is still true as of this afternoon, along with still plenty of Overlords. Nothing new.

• Like Like x 1
  20. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anyone else is looking for Cyber Battalion Shockwave, I just left Walgreens on Broad St. in Pawtucket and they had one left.