Rhode Island Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Jul 29, 2007.

1. motleymike81

motleymike81 Member

I was able to grab 1 at the Warwick TRU at opening. I kind fellow collector had 2 and gave me one (thank you). I didn't spot any others but they may have had some in back. They were on the floor next to the column that divides Star Wars and Transformers.

2. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

Warwick TRU supposedly only got 2, but I doubt that. I'm sure an employee grabbed a couple. I asked and they had none in the back. Attleboro got 6, I got one and it was the last.

3. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    Pass. I got the first TRU and from the reviews and pics, it's better than this newer release. The only thing I like about the new one is the box.

4. kdash71

kdash71 Member

i was lucky to find 2 mp grimlock today at the warwick tru, the lady @ the guest service was even nice enough to price match it when i showed her a $59.99 price tag pic i snapped while i was in Chicago last week! happy hunting guys! i over heard they have another one left.

Attached Files:

5. chazburgr

chazburgr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Swansea Target has wave 2 AOE deluxe out. Just picked up Drift and Slash and there were two of each and a Strafe left.

6. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    1 Kre-o Grimlock Unleashed set left at TRU Warwick (the G1 version that comes with 5 Kreons including G1 Grimlock). No MP Grimlocks if anyone was still looking. Transformers did take over the front section when you first come in near the giant Lego firefighter.

7. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

There was an mp grimlock at TRU actually, it was hidden behind the darth vader backpack. It must have been there from Wednesday's truck. Sorry whoever hid it

8. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    Oh. I didn't really look other than a glance at the section to be honest. I have the 1st TRU version as I already mentioned.

9. NightCrawler

NightCrawler Member

Thnx chazburgr!!! Its a drive for me, but to know that in the they've been spotted near by, i'll check stores around Northern RI during the day.

10. chazburgr

chazburgr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had success at the Lincoln Target as well for Drift and Strafe. Anybody sight Voyager Hound anywhere?

11. NightCrawler

NightCrawler Member

I haven't been able to get any free time. I check'd the Walmart in North Smithfield... they've been disappointing tho. When everyone else had figures on their shelves, they didn't... When they did, it was just the none deluxe figures... They ended up getting a few deluxe figures on their shelves and selling all except Crosshairs who is still sitting there.

Thanks for the tip in Lincoln. eventually i'll get over there.

As for Hound, I bought mine off the Hasbro website. It came in the mail 2 days later i believe.

12. Arcticwave

Arcticwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THANKS! Grabbed this set last night on my drive home... can't wait to build him.

13. NightCrawler

NightCrawler Member

If anyone is hunting wave 1 of the deluxe figures, Walmart in North Attleboro has a full end cap.

I looked at toys r us, target up there, Walmart (still lacking figures) and Lincoln Target and only found Drift. Target in Lincoln has one more deluxe Drift if anyone is looking for him.

14. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    If anyone is looking for the Scoop wave, Whirl, or Rhinox, Walmart in Warwick on Post Rd has a ton of them.

15. MonaLazaBeak

MonaLazaBeak <Witty saying goes here>

Walmart Westerly has an end cap full of Wave 1 Deluxes, as well as some of the sparkers. Seriously. A whole end cap full of Wave 1...

16. NightCrawler

NightCrawler Member

Walmart of North Smithfield finally has wave 1 and they're loaded.

Also spotted Hound and Galvatron

17. mynamehere

mynamehere Well-Known Member

Would anyone local be interested in buying a silver chrome deluxe Optimus (the one from the Target exclusive Optimus/Grimlock AOE 2-pack) for like $7...
    *looking around*
    *kicks tumbleweed*
    *walking away*

18. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

july 27th

Sunday July 27th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date is Sunday July 27th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon July 27th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be.(1) The Exclusive club you all know them those super sexy and expensive limited edition toys we drool over or do we? (2) AOE it will be a month after the first screenings of the new movie. What did you think and what's next. (3) Play time. Transformers play set's and bases. Who wants em who own'es em who Plays with em.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  19. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    No Generations deluxe figures at Kmart in Cranston. They do have a Generations voyager Grimlock if anyone still needs him.

Walmart on Post Rd. in Warwick has a Generations voyager Blaster along with the most recent voyagers and deluxe figures.

20. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Providence Walmart has 1 Voyager Hound and 1 dlx Tankor (and had 1 dlx Rattrap but I grabbed him!)