Rhino Responds To Questions About Beast Machines Aspect Ratio

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks to TVshowsonDVD.com for making available statements from Rhino on why the upcoming Beast Machines DVD release will not be in widesreen format. You can read the article by <a href="http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4927" target="_blank">clicking here</a>.

Thanks to <a href="http://www.theallspark.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1912" target="_blank">The Allspark</a> for the news.

2. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care either way!

I just want the DVDs! :thumbs2: 

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same. I am dying for those DVDs. Not my favorite compared to BW, but in an age when Transformers shows no longer have the quality or attention to detail, Beast Machines is a becon of the way things should have continued going. Transtech, it would have been great.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I saw the episode one widescreen premiere at Botcon '99, and it was really great. What a spine-tingling premiere! It would be so cool if this episode, at least, was available in the widescreen version as an extra on the boxset.

And commentary tracks! What a precedent! Let's see more of that!!

5. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

give me r.i.d now usa

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Been watching BM on YTV and forgot how great this show actually was, destroys everything else that came after it that’s for sure.

I so can’t wait for this set to be released its been a long time coming :thumb 

7. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

February 28 can't come fast enough.

8. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

I hope I'll have the money to buy that when it gets out, it was a good show IMO

9. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

News Credits:
    I wouldn't expect Rhino to go as far as to finish the widescreen versions. Full screen is fine with me. The extras for this set are what really impress me, compared to the distinct lack of them on previouse sets.
    Now lets hope we get RiD and the rest of armada soon. (I know armada sucked, but having half the episodes is really annoying).

10. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

well now that's settled... *dies happily*

11. ArmadaSideswipe

ArmadaSideswipe Well-Known Member

Ah, Beast Machines. I never did see all of it; just read synopsises... however you spell that.

Beast Machines is a good example of a show that was unappreciated. People never know how good it is until things get worse. It still pales next to Beast Wars (and I ever think Beast Wars was imperfect), but compared to what was to come...

That's the sad thing. There should be an incredible Transformers anime. Considering all of the great anime Japan has put out, I have to beg the question: Why not a great, or even DECENT Transformers anime? Why must they all be such childish and repetitive crap?

It's a goal of mine to eventually become a hot-shot (pun not intended) writer and produce a TF show of my own. That would be a long way off, and may be a slim-as-heck chance, but I can dream.

Ah, but I fly off on tangents... Beast Machines, if you don't think about Beast Wars, becomes a respectable cartoon, MUCH better than most American cartoons, and MUCH better than the anime that they dared to call TF that followed BM.

12. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wasn't the biggest fan of Beast Machines. But I'll pick up the set, if nothing else, to complete my TF DVD collection.

-Shifty

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I can agree with Rhino not releasing widescreen versions if they were never finished. This, on the other hand: "To be honest, it's the way fans remember that show, and that's a legitimate enough reason for Rhino to release it that way", is garbage thinking. It's the same kind of thinking that puts crap-ass Robotech back on the market every few years even though the last version is still clogging DVD racks after a deep clearance and even though there's a shortage of Macross DVDs.

And Armada S.S, we DO have a decent TF anime. It's called "Galaxy Force". It just gets a crappy dub.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent, glad to hear Beast Machines is going fullscreen. I despise widescreen, so I'm happy to know that I'll be able to watch the episodes without the action taking up only 2/3 of my monitor, sandwiched between black bars.

Hopefully, once Beast Machines is released, they'll get a move on putting out the other TF series, including RiD, Cybertron, Energon (there's probably one or two people who'd buy that show), finishing Armada, etc.

15. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

Wow. I think this is the most love I've ever seen BM receive. :sly2: 

Definitely can't wait to pick it up. :) 

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    DITTO! I never really liked BM or how it ended anyway.

17. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

I've had the tv rips of both seasons for about a year now, can't wait for a little better quality with the dvd's!

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I have these too, on VHS from original broadcast. Can't wait to hand them down to my nephew and keep the shiny new DVDs!