Revolver vs Heavy Noise vs Starburst

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zfarsh, Jul 8, 2014.

?

Revolver vs Heavy Noise vs Starburst

1. 1) FP Revolver

29 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. 2) WB Heavy Noise

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. 3) Igear Starburst

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. 4) Other -> Pls specify

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I am going to TFCon, and if I get a good price, say 80 - 90$, which of the three voyager figures would you choose:

1) FP Revolver
    2) WB Heavy Noise
    3) Igear Starburst (one of the 6)
    4) Other, pls specify. I have a feeling those mentioned are currently the hottest 3 voyager figures to get, but open to other suggestions. It should be a current figure which I actually have a chance at finding at TFCon easily without having to pay a premium.

So, I don't have any FP products yet, and as for Heavy Noise, it would be a standalone. As for the igear jets, if I can split thrust with someone, I would consider. I would display either of these with my MMC Hex / Feralcons. I want Quality / Fun / Beautiful, and most bang for my buck!!

Thanks in advance

2. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tuff choice between Heavy and Star, but at the end of the day if I had to chose between the two, Starscream wins it for me. Just something about his alt mode, plus he is quite a bit larger then Heavy so you get more of yours money's worth.

Like I said, really tough choice, so if you can do something to get a bit of extra cash, I would say just buy both.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'd say Heavy Noisy. Second pick would actually be Planet X Caelus if you don't already have him.

4. 00Convoy

00Convoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I picked star burst...because I just bought one :) .

But I would feel like if I bought warbotron's brawl I would need to buy the rest of the figures and I think that the new hasbro roadbuster looks really good so Starscream would seem like an easy choice.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Revolver is a DAMN GOOD figure. I think after Steel Core the Warbot line has been total hits and you can't really go wrong with Steel Core. His proportions are nice and I like his shape much more than Hasbro's.

6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone for voting. So it's going to be between Revolver and one of the new Igear Seekers, whichever I can find basically. Will have to watch a few more reviews. How does quality compare?

7. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I'd pick the igear Skywarp homage, so I voted Star Burst. Very close to picking Revolver Core.

8. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a question for ya'll....I haven't been to a TF Con in like 6 or 7 years, but from what I remembered, the prices were jacked up, just like at Comic Con or any other of these type of conventions. And with the entrance fee (varies depending on when you go), how much could you really be saving or spending more? Like a Heavy Noisy would be about $105 USD shipped to Canada, how much could he sell for at this convention? Factor in gas to drive to and out of Mississauga, it doesn't seem worth it if you're just grabbing 1 figure. And only thing I'm interested is Heavy Noisy.

9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Noisy by far. He's the best brawl figure ever made, one of the best tank figures ever made and straight up one of the best voyagers ever made.

Revolver while looking cool was highly over-rated, he suffers from having some very weak joints and his upgrade set is exclusive to another pair of figures that are incredibly over priced and the habro figure as a very nicely priced alternative with a more accurate color palette.

The igear jets are all ugly in my opinion, bad face molds, tiny skeleton arms and enormous lower legs.

10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I think you have to shop around there for pricing.

Last year, at Age 3 and Up, they had MT Paladin for 80$!!! That's NO TAX and in CANADIAN funds and NO SHIPPING costs either. I think their other figures were as per their website too!!!

Even saw a Hasbro MP-11 Thundercraker for 90$.

So the 10$ admission is not bad at all.

But don't come just for buying. Come for seeing the guests, and questions and answers, as well as Peaugh and Vangelis, third party reveals, to actually see and maybe even tough some of the new or upcoming products, as well as meet some of the etailers, take pictures, see the cool tf cars outside, etc...

Thanks for sharing Lazy. I do love tanks a lot too, and Heavy Noise looks great in both modes.

The thing about the Igear one, is if I can split Thurst with someone, his face isn't too bad, and he looks good in both modes, though I still wish he had bigger arms. His engineering does seem good, and quality too, from the reviews I am seing.

As for Revolver, I didn't know he had weak joints, and quality is important to me, but he does look very nice.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Revolver doesn't have weak joints though unless lazy has a bad sample. I got all 3 copies and nothing is loose on mine.

It just comes down to preference. With Noisy you might want to branch into the full combiner and it will fit better with official stuff. Igear's seekers seem to be pretty cool bit the headsculpt is devisive.

12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    My Revolver has no weak joints. The upgrade parts being with other bots is doodie, but if I'm not mistaken a company is KOing the Revolver upgrade parts. So I vote Revolver and the KO upgrade parts.

13. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Eh I suppose, my early release version wasn't so bad initially but quickly got very loose at every joint. Maybe I did get super unlucky though.

14. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

Mine is the same - loose or getting loose most everywhere.

15. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My Revolver is still pretty solid and tight. I haven't had any problems with it at all. My Warbots get a lot of play, so it isn't like they just stand around.

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I am guessing those suffering from loose joints are ones getting theirs from ActionRobo?

17. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

revolver looks kinda cool posed from certain angles...actually really cool. but after you get past that and REALLY look at him? undersized chest/torso area with oversized shoulder and arms (and don't even get me started on that poo poo upgrade they tried to sell those two redecos with). is proportions are totally off from both humanoid and from the original design of roadbuster. i admit, i have him but he is one of those figures that looks better in pictures than real life. also his alt mode is by far the worst of this trio.

starburst is perhaps the most fun seeker mold ever made. its not (IMO) as pretty as the MP seeker mold (in either mode), but it is fun to pose and transform and looks good in both modes. heavy noisy is an odd one. thought i was absolutely going to love him, but he just isn't fun to handle for osme rason. the lat mode made be the best tank among all TF's though. in conclusion i say...get starburst.

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The man's name is Heavy Noisy. Don't mess it up.

19. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Going by availability I'd say grab Revolver or one of the Raptors. With that KO armor coming out for Revolver all the people that were on the fence will probably finally bite. The loosie Raptors are selling out left and right already. Heavy Noisy is going to be around for awhile especially because people are hating on Warbo for the BBTS scandal or are just waiting to pull the trigger once all 5 bots are reviewed on combined form. Personally I say Revolver

20. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I got mine from chimungmung, tony who runs that site was the only other person to get him besides robo for about a month or so until the main release.

So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that initial run was more prone to qc issues.