Revolution #3 full preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sockie, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Matt may have had military training, but he's no solider and it makes you wonder how many humans even think of the TF's as living people?

3. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I didn\'t care much for GI Joe in the first place, but IDW\'s really making me wish Optimus would just step on them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megastar

News Credits:
    Scarlet is the only Joe in the preview and she rightfully made that her teammates got killed, she just doesn't know about the Dire Wraiths and humans have every right to be scared/angry about New York City, Beijing, and almost London.

5. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Calling it! Matt Trakker is the son of the original Matt Trakker. Why else bring his father into the discussion? If he\'s an unknown the sentance is just empty words, but if his father is someone everyone knows it gives weight to the statemant. Who wants to bet that Mayhem double-crossed the first Matt Trakker and now\'s playing a good dad to Matt Trakker, Jr.? :lol 

6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Kind of does, I mean a lot of high up government officials, but not any of the lowly grunts, know their true nature(or at least think that). But makes you wonder how much of the general public knows?

I'm sure from their standpoint, the sight giant robots, your initial thought isn't that they're not alive.

And Colton was her mentor and friend. And he got vaporized right in front of her by what she, and everyone else, thought was a Cybertronian.

And here's another thing, there's so much going on that G.I. Joe and MASK, being focused on the Transformers(and blaming them for everything) as they are, aren't aware of everything else that's going on. They don't know about the Dire Wraiths infiltration(who are VERY good at covering their tracks) of Earth or the fact that Baron Karza is responsible for Ore-13 exploding, who would be aware of that anyway? So far Action Man is the only one on the trail of everything else, but has yet to come forward with anything.

And I don't think that humanity has quite fully grasped yet how Earth is now a part of large galactic community now.

7. Novus

Novus Homestuck Convert

News Credits:
    I kind of wish revolution never happened.

• Like Like x 1
  8. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Why is this Matt Tracker (black?) while Mayhem remains unchanged?  I am not a fan of such a radically changed character while everyone else remains the same.  

• Like Like x 2
  9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wonder if Hondo Maclean is now white?
    I won't read this because of this. I am a big MASK fan, but this... nope. I won't even pirate that.

And I don't care for everything else. MASK is the only property that would interest me. GI Joe? Never played a role in my life. ROM? Never even heard of. The rest? I don't even know what they were called :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Yea, the only 2 properties in this I care about are Transformers and M.A.S.K.
    I was mildly interested in this before but not now... the prospect of "MASK tech is reverse-engineered from TFs" sounded nice, but nope. Not reading it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chaotic

Chaotic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's sad that the people refusing to read MASK due to a character's changed skin color will be missing out reading Lost Light when it comes out in December. Rodimus has a different paint job afterall and we all know how a few altered pigments on a panel can ruin the story irrepairably.

12. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I just have no interest in reading it. Never saw it as a kid, never read up on it, I just don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    sorry if i missed something, but who's the big green and blue fella?

14. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Micronus Prime. He's the creator of the Microverse.

15. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Can someone please tell me what difference it makes that he's black? He was a totally blank slate protagonist in the cartoon. The traits that defined his character could just as easily be mapped onto any race.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Megastar

News Credits:
    There is that and I think she tired of losing teammates; Duke became a mercenary, Snake-Eyes defected to Cobra (acting undercover to destroy it from the inside), and the Joes being slowly shut down. The Dire Wraiths have been on Earth since the 1800's so it's no surprise their good t covering their tracks. It seems like there are two antagonist in the story, the Dire Wraiths and
    Baron Karza.

And one of the 13 Primes.

17. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    The only difference being that the Wraiths are completely malevolent while Karza is trying to save the Microverse. Only to rule it with an iron fist, if I recall.

• Like Like x 1
  18. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

For fans, it's the delicate balance between a reboot and a homage to the original. Consistency is key, here. People might embrace, at least aesthetically, the Bay film look, to the extent that they would buy toys that looked nothing like the originals. Conversely, people might want "the originals" , such as the case for the recent, all-female Ghostbusters flop.

Matt Tracker was an older, blonde-haired, blue-eyed male in there original. For me, all of the ethnicities are fixed and shouldn't be changed, as MASK, right now, only engages my nostalgia. I don't think the franchise is developed enough for alternate versions (although possibly in the future, who knows?).

That's why, just due to this one, silly oversight, I've no interest in this new crossover comic franchise. I can't trust the IDW to present the characters aesthetics in a way true to their original appearance. What's next; a Hispanic Boris Bushkin? An oriental Dusty Hayes?

However, in order to remix the way things were, I'd be totally down with the characters roles being changed, providing they had good reason to. Why not have one of the non-white character leading Matt? Another example could be to introduce new MASK characters, give them non-white ethnicity, and have them lead.

Just don't call them "Matt Tracker".

19. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

Transforming robots are prone to changing their appearance. Humans, at an ethnicity level, not so much. Also, TFs is a much more developed and established franchise than MASK. Fans have already been spoiled with the "original" look, so there is more room to develop the character/s. MASK, is the opposite. We haven't had a real MASK story on ages so nostalgic fan, like myself, demand the real thing at this stage.

No "Matt Blacker/Black Tracker" for me, thanks.

20. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
    So basically you're saying the ethnicity, or rather the change of, of a single character in a work of fiction is enough for you to completely dismiss it? Validated by the fact that the fiction engages your nostalgia and a character being written/drawn as a different ethnicity ruins that sense of nostalgia?