Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sponge, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    In terms of adding more revolver joints yes but the scale change up was a double edged sword. On 1 hand, it fits in more with 6" scale being a scale more widely accepted by collectors internationally. On the other hand, the revolver and monoshaft pegs don't always have the reinforcement needed to counteract the increased weight of the bigger plastic used now.

So while this Prime arguably looks substantially better than Pat Lee Revoltech Prime, there's a very high possibility that this will not balance as well when posing.

I would love to be wrong but my last Revoltech release(which came after the scale change up) doesn't inspire confidence

Newer ones are around 6" scale, scale change occurred a few years back.

2. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    Man i wish they had a version of tarn and grimlock like this. 

• Like Like x 2
  3. EAKSGEEKS

EAKSGEEKS "Where no negro has gone before"

Ebay:
    The people at revoltech are on drugs and so am I. I kinda dig him 

4. Deadpool1287

Deadpool1287 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a Grimlock, Overlord, Megatron, Tarn, Soundwave, Arcee, and several others from them.

5. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

This has become my top want in the minute of me knowing about its existence.

I came. I saw. I want. The toy.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    nope. do you even know about these types of action figures at all? like... seriously?
    Im pretty sure the other main selling point is super poseability. or are you not seeing the poses that this new Revoltech Prime is fulfilling in those pics?!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  7. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Revoltech Transformers are also over a decade old now, this is something completely different

that was over a decade ago, and this is a bigger toy.
    Maybe its greed, but seeing how figmas, figuarts, and transformers toys in general have gotten more expensive over that time, i dont think its entirely greed at work here

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  8. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    People dont seem to get that this is the new brand of Revoltechs... sigh. Compete new designs, materials, joints, sculpt ect etc. The list goes on. As for the price bump its most likely factoring in the tax.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not the Optimus from Dark of the Moon. Sorry, but I have nothing but bad experiences with Revoltech, not just the Transformers figures. Revoltechs look great, but I have never had one that was a joy to actually handle.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What they have done with their Marvel license is nothing to ignore. If you're interested in Prime, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot because you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Still not getting it. The original size was perfect, as they could be displayed next to equivalent Bandai futures, such as Gundam, etc. Making them bigger just forces people to rebuy all the previous figures.

Greed, pure and simple, IMO.

12. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

The old ones, yeah a bunch of the Evangelion ones. It's definitely possible that Revoltech's improved since then though. I won't preorder it, but if it gets good reviews once it's out, I'll definitely consider it

13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    The price bump is on account of the scale being bigger and other things but the materials and joints are not new. Construction is still largely PVC. The originals were around $25USD stateside. I bought one of the newer ones and was used to the older ones and was not very impressed with the newer ones. In fact I prefer how much easier the old ones were to balance but prefer the scale of the new ones. The monoshaft and revolver joints have NOT been reinforced to counter the extra weight from the larger plastic. Just because this toy is newer does not guarantee it will be better, especially since this is a Revoltech figure.

The scale is the main thing changed and the stands are different. Are they throughly improved over the old Revoltech figures? Not really.

Yamaguchi Katsuhisa is sculpting this and he's the same designer from the main Revoltech line. Only difference is that this one isn't based on Pat Lee's art unlike the 1st Revoltech Prime.

You shouldn't question him like that because he was absolutely right with what he said. And this is coming from someone that bought a lot of the Revoltech figures from 2006-2010 and Magneto more recently.

• Like Like x 1
  14. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Well, no doubt they have steeped up in terms of better quality figures recent times. Im just glad we've got a new Revoltech Transformer in awhile. I have the new Revolteh Yamaguchi Eva 1 and it's pretty decent right?

15. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Better quality is subjective. Like I said, the newer Revoltech figure I have after the scale change is more difficult to balance and the revolver and monoshaft joints haven't been reinforced to counter the increased weight of the bigger pieces of overall plastic used due to the scale change. Overall quality isn't better to me, the scale change brought the line into internationally accepted scale(6") but brought problems along with it rather than an actual increase in quality.

In fact, I rarely had loose revolver and monoshaft joints on my old Revoltech figures.

As far as the EVA you have, I don't know and don't plan on getting one for myself.

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I absolutely love this figure. That crazy old pat lee design...

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Okie dokie!

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Oni Ichibanya Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool. The style kinda reminds me of the transforming Optimus/Convoy pen that Sentinel made not too ago, but with a cleaner and beefier sculpt without being compromised for a transformation gimmick.

I have and like the old Revo TF's but yeah, they definitely had their issues when it came to questionable materials (stuff breaking), articulation (I was baffled by how daft the original Revo Pat Lee Optimus Prime's shoulders were done which greatly hindered range of movement; Megatron, by comparison, had his shoulders done right with greater articulation), and sculpting (puffy Pat Lee marshmallow aesthetic vs. the crisper lines and sharper angles here).

Color me intrigued! Hope they make Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, and the Seekers. Heck, gimme all the Cons. Amazing Yamaguchi Triplechangers would be crazy cool.

• Like Like x 1
  20. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

I have every official TF Revoltech and the majority of the 3P ones as well. I also have a few of the super robots, though I am nainly a Gundam collector and have always favoured non-transformable TFs.

This one is much better than the Oritoy, Toy Alliance and Flame Toys design.

• Like Like x 2