Revisiting BEAST MACHINES

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mako Crab, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Deceived because he blindly followed what the Oracle was telling him. What happened to the exploration ship captain from Beast Wars that could think for himself? And again, we know the thing was capable of destroying a planet which should have made Primal more cautious when using it.

That is pure speculation. There is absolutely no explanation as to why the Oracle and Vector Sigma are one in the same.

I really don't think they have a say over how fast they mature... It's just something that develops over time.

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still a week behind. Trying to catch up this week. Expect one more this Friday!

Savage Noble
    written by Len Wein

Well I guess it was bound to happen. This isn't really a bad episode... exactly, but the pacing is so slow. Since it is so slow, I'm going to speed it up. Here we go real quick this time!!

The Maximals are hanging out in front of Megatron's old citadel staring at the giant, floating head in the sky. Oh gee, I wonder if it's alive. Nightscream and Blackarachnia are sent to find out and promptly get zapped by the automated defenses. They both go falling; Nightscream is saved by Primal and Blackarachnia uses a web like a parachute, which... yeah. There's a lot of holes in that parachute. Sooo Primal sends everyone off to go find Jetstorm and Thrust to try one more time to get them on their side while there's still a chance of doing so. Meanwhile, Primal decides he's going to try and talk with Megahead. And hey, they actually do call him Megahead in the episode! Good stuff.

Long story short, Primal has absolutely zero success contacting Megatron either verbally or through his spark. He heads off to help out the others.

The others, meanwhile, have run into Thrust and Jetstorm and form a super shakey cease-fire agreement, so that they can deal with Savage. Who's Savage? Why he's the newest kid on the block; a giant red dragon with wings that blows fire. Hmm.... now who does that remind me of? So the 2 Vehicons are all about roasting Savage and Cheetor is all bent out of shape about that.

Jetstorm: "Tell you what, pusscat; we'll bring back the biggest pieces and you can ask him anything you want!"

Thrust flips off Cheetor (no lie) before rushing in too, but Savage knocks them both away. Heh, I guess since Thrust only has three claw fingers, no one noticed. Hehe. It's just down to the Maximals trying to stop the rampaging beast. Except that he got away. How do you lose something that big and crazy?

They wander through the empty streets for a while... hm hm hmmm... wander wander wander... hm hm hmmm... hey, who's that?! It's another guy- a purple wolf!! Wolf?? Purple?? With a pink snout and whiskers that look like they were drawn on with crayons. Oh *slaps forehead* gawd. We get his life story, and it turns out to be exactly the same as Nightscream's life story.

Thrust and Jetstorm are back!! Yay!! This marks the return of cool moves!! Firing on the Maximals while doing a wheelie, yeah! Thrust charges the Maximals and then does a 180 burn out right in Rattrap's face. Now that's cool. You know what else is cool? The way Jetstorm says, "Saaaavage!" It's like, it's like... they're here to rescue the episode for me.

About that time Primal shows up and... well damn. It looks like Thrust and Jetstorm ran off during the commercial break. You've gotta' be kidding me. Really? Ughh. Okay, so they bring Primal up to speed on the situation and it's more wandering around looking for Savage or Noble. Wander wander wander.... *ho humm* There's Savage again. He breaths fire, they dodge, he flies away.

Wander wander wander.... Noooooooble? Saaaaaaaavage?
    Jetstorm: "Saaaaaaaavage!"

Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to steal your line. ;)  Oh what do you know, they run into Savage again, but not before I had to put up with watching Nightscream flying sideways. What is up with that? Right, right, so they run into Savage again. Thrust and Jetstorm show up just long enough to get swatted over the horizon again. This is really starting to get tragic. Oh joy, we're left with just the Maximals again. This time they talk sweetness to him and offer him chocolates and rub his belly and before you know it the dumb dog has transformed back into... a purple wolf. Wait- I know that guy! It's Noble!! Turns out we have our first fully, purely organic transformer. A beast that transforms into another beast. Who would've guessed? The Maximals are all in complete shock. The look on Primal's face is especially worth a laugh.

Primal: Hruhn!???!

It's right up there with his, "Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis??" look from that one episode of Beast Wars, "Equal Measures," right after Dinobot boots Terrorsaur out the trash shoot. Anyway, that's way off topic. Let's wrap this turkey up quick!

Later... they're all walking along with Noble and it's all very pleasant. He says he just can't control the Savage side of him and Nightscream tells him that Optimus will help him bring the rage under control. Noble gives a sly grin. And that's it. Seriously. Not much of a hook into the next episode. A mediocre end to a mediocre episode.

*lets out a breath of relief*
    So who do we know that used to be purple and also turned into a dragon? Yeah, this mystery went real deep. So okay, we all know that Savage/Noble is really Megatron. We know where the purple and the dragon comes from, but where did he pick up a wolf mode?? Um... oh yeah, and I find it amusing how quickly Nightscream befriends Noble. Later on he's all like, "You better not have eaten Noble, or I'll rip out your optics!!" Gee, kid. You've known him for all of two minutes. Not too close are you? Um... anything else? Only that this episode needed more of Thrust and Jetstorm and especially of seeing this alliance/cease-fire actually in action instead of just batting the two away whenever they happened to walk into the frame.

Verdict: weaksauce.

Moving on! Where's that tally?

Optimus communes with the Oracle:

First season- 4 times
    Fallout- 1 time
    Savage Noble 0 times

And a little something to redeem this episode- pretty pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN3.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN5.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN7.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN9.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN11.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN12.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN13.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN15.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/SN18.jpg

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I never liked Beast Changer. It's not a robot in disguise if it's not a robot. It's just a weird dog thing that runs around and mutates into a dragon.

4. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Albeit a fun-loving dragon that blows stuff up just for laughs.

5. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Prometheus Unbound
    written by Marv Wolfman

Ah, here we go; a busy episode again! We start off on a wonderful shot of Cybertron's moon (one of its moons). And who should be howling at the moon but Noble? We find the Maximals hanging out somewhere else- not underground, and in robot mode which I find terribly amusing. No need to be all stealthy when their only threats are Thrust and Jetstorm, right? And fair warning- this is a Vehicon-free episode. I cry. *sniff* The Maximals are all complaining that Noble keeps running off to try and break into Megatron's citadel. Apparently this is the 5th night in a row of this. And once again Nightscream is really, really sticking up for the mutt. Rattrap's being all snarky about it, so Nightscream flies off. Who cares? The Maximals are more concerned with Noble.

Rattrap: "Ughhh... Where do you think Fido's heading this time?"
    Blackarachnia: "Gee, let me think- the same place as the last five nights?"

Now on paper Blackarachnia's line might not sound harsh at all, but watching it- she seems really angry. At Rattrap? I don't know. He doesn't seem to take it that way. Just struck me as odd. So anyway the Maximals all head to Megatron's citadel and sure enough there's Noble all pounding on the doors. He loses it and turns into Savage and keeps head-butting the door. That doesn't do any good. A couple restraining devices pop out of the walls and wrap Savage up in cables and that puts him down. Oh, but not before he pushes Nightscream to safety. Yay! He turns back into Noble and slips out of the cables. Rattrap's being particularly snarky to Noble and we get this wonderful line from Nightscream that just begs to be transcribed word for word.

Nightscream: "Atta' boy, Rat-breath. Harsh on him right out of the gate the same way you did me."

*snicker* Ohhh, you stupid kid. Let's see, when they first met I seem to recall it was Nightscream being harsh on Rattrap for being unable to transform. Yeah... yeah, and I seem to recall that it was Cheetor that was distrustful of the bat, not Rattrap. That, and Nightscream's line just sounds really stupid. It reminds me back when Blackarachnia said, "Nothin' doin', traitor!" Like they're trying to be needlessly savvy with the lingo. So anyway, they're here at the citadel now. Might as well try to break in, I guess. Great idea. Too bad it's taken them 5 nights to finally come up with it. What have they been doing all this time? Just relaxing or something? Okay, okay, so they decide that Noble should stay outside because it's simply too dangerous in there with all the automated defenses. Too dangerous for..... Cheetor? No. Blackarachnia? No. Rattrap? No. Anyone technorganic? Noo. Noble, you're just a regular, sutpid dog! Go out and play while we handle the serious stuff!!

Nightscream: "Screw you all! Who needs you losers! C'mon, Noble!"

I just find it really amusing that Noble is apologetic and nice and everything and meanwhile Nightscream is being soooooo whiney about it all. I still haven't figured out why he likes Noble so much. Seriously, they've known each other for less than a week. Moving on; Rattrap heads over and hacks into the security panel. The door opens right up. *sigh* A minimum of five days and they haven't thought to do this yet?

Primal: "We must find the sparks!!! ... in five days." :D 

Door's open. They're all heading in. Door starts to shut, and from way down the road Noble ditches Nightscream and starts running back for the door! Nightscream's all in shock like, "What are you doing," and it's like- come on, kid, I know you're not really this stupid. Or maybe he is. They both manage to get through the big door before it closes again. Everyone's in shock and Noble is raging with anger! How can you tell? Because all his muscles are twitching. It's a really cool effect. He manages to keep it together and they're off to try and disengage the home security system. Noble takes this opportunity to ditch everyone and go running down a hall. Once again everyone is surprised. By now... I'm really thinking that they shouldn't be surprised at anything Noble does. Running down the hall and he accidentally steps on a landmine. He carefully lifts his foot up and this little mine thing springs up out of the floor. It's hovering in mid-air with about 3 cables still attached to the floor. Very cool looking. Naturally Noble just goes ballistic and turns into Savage. What would Savage do? Run through the mines!!! Weeee! He starts off a chain reaction that sends explosions down the entire hallway and right into the Maximals' faces.

Sometime later... the Maximals all pick themselves up off the floor after getting blasted. Rattrap makes another snarky remark about how they couldn't trust Noble and Nightscream gives us another lame comeback. What is with this kid today? So annoying. Time to split up and find Savage/Noble!

Optimus and Nightscream = good idea. He's the only one that the kid hasn't ticked off today.
    Rattrap = go to the throne room and deactivate all the internal defenses. Good plan.
    Cheetor and Blackarachnia = watch Rattrap's back.
    Savage/Noble = stalk all of the above like you were in a 80s horror flick. I likes.

We get a few scenes of everyone just wandering around all careful-like and it reminds me of last episodes' non-stop walking scenes. And, of course, Noble is hiding in the shadows and lurking about stalking them just like in the last episode too. I want to say that this episode and the last one could be combined to form a single, tighter episode, but then I think no. That would be cramming way too much into too little time. Last episode just needed to have its pacing issues fixed.

Okay, so Noble finally makes it to the throne room and right about then the entire floor breaks up into floating lego pieces. He slips and falls off the edge of one of them, but Primal and Nightscream show up. You know they'll rescue him.

A few minutes later the rest of the Maximals show up in the throne room and make their way across the floating platforms with more success. Good bit where Rattrap uses one of the platforms like a ramp. Cheetor catches him and launches him even further through the air. Good stuff. He makes it to the other side and immediately jacks into Megatron's old control harness. He takes control of the lego blocks and makes a solid bridge out of them, then starts digging through all the files trying to find out where the missing sparks are being hidden. No luck there.

Hey, it's Primal and Nightscream and Noble. They saved him from the abyss. Yaay! Noble sees Rattrap all hooked up to the harness and doesn't like that much. He turns into Savage and blasts Rattrap with a fireball!

Cheetor: "He changed on purpose? He can control it?!"
    Nightscream: "That's impossible."

Ohhh, you stupid, stupid kid. The floor breaks apart again now that no one's controlling it and a whole mess of spark extractors burst out of the walls and come for everyone's faces! Big fight where they all beat up the helpless spark extractors. Even get a few cool moves from the likes of one of the evil cables and Blackarachnia dodging them with style. Ughh... and some truly horrid lines. I guess someone might falsely refer to them as witty banter.

Cheetor: "A little wasabi and soy sauce and dinner is served!" complete with a little sneer or mini-snarl to truly make it unbearable.
    Nightscream (after destroying one of the spark extractors): "Music to my ears."

It's like they're pulling all the worst lines from previous episodes and tossing them all into this one! My ears! The lines! They could make the deaf cry. Rattrap gets back in the harness and he's about to calm the situation down when Savage/Noble jumps back in the scene and yanks him right out by his tail. I absolutely LOVE this shot where he hoists Rattrap up by is tail and doesn't even toss him- just releases his grip and lets him fall. Then Noble hops into the harness but nothing's happening. Simple reason why; he's all organic.

NO PROBLEM!! He hops out of the harness and grabs a couple spark extractors out of the air. Everyone is just beside themselves in shock when he uses the extractors to rip a spark out of his chest. YES! A purely organic creature with a spark!! Holy guamole! Guacamole? Whatever. New word. Guamole! :p  The evil, pulsating spark runs back into the harness and gets carried along the cables, through the complex, outside the citadel, and right up into the waiting Megahead. Ohhhh.... yesss. The eyes flash alive!! It's Megatron! Everyone runs outside to see the horror that awaits them. It's not good. It is so not good. Megatron, and I do love that they keep his name the same despite having undergone a bit of an upgrade, explains that he would never have made it through his own citadel in a purely organic body. He needed the Maximals' help and thus used and manipulated stupid Nightscream. Nightscream is... hurt by this and still doesn't seem to comprehend that the awesome friendship he had with Noble was just Megatron's way of playing him for a fool.

The dark city is re-energized! Vehicons all coming back online! OMG!!! Total chaos!! The Maximals all run for the nearest manhole and duck into the sewers. In moments they're all back to beast mode and running for their lives. Sometime later they're all hanging out in their underground lair. It's understandably solemn and there's not much conversation. Although we do get this great bit from Primal:

Primal: "We should've known that Megatron could not be so easily vanquished."

You mean, taking the planet to the brink of total annihilation was easy? I wonder what his basis for comparison is. Sheesh! Rattrap heads over to apologize to Nightscream for... you know, his dog turning out to be bred from pure evil. Nightscream doesn't say a word in reply. Whatever, kid. Go sulk somewhere else. And back in the citadel.... everyone seems to have forgotten about the corpse of Noble. *gasp!* A twitch! He twitched! His eyes open! Noble may not be out of this fight just yet...

Alright then, that wraps it up for this episode. Not really much to say aside from what I already mentioned, but this one was a lot more fun than last episodes' slow montage of walking scenes. We finally have stuff happening again, and that's always good. I still have to wonder why it took them five days to finally break into Megatron's citadel. It's not like they went in any more prepared than they were five days ago. Eh. Oh well. Onto the next!

But first the tally:
    Optimus communes with the Oracle:
    First season: 4 times
    Fallout: 1 time
    Savage Noble: 0 times
    Prometheus Unbound: 0 times

And now something extra:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU2.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU4.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU5.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU6.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU8.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU9.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU12.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/PU14.jpg

6. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    When I was talking about Savage stalking around like he was in an 80s slasher movie, this is specifically what I had in mind:

[​IMG]

First the claw...

[​IMG]

And then the face...

Do a single shot combining both elements and you have that pic of Noble up there. :D  These pics are from the very first, and still very best Nightmare on Elm Street movie ever made.:D 

7. honcho

honcho BW Megatron Completionist

Ebay:
    I finished Beast Machines last week. Wow. Ridiculously good. Second season was a hell of a lot better than the first, although I missed Jetstorm and Tankor/Rhinox. The Maximals not squabbling as much was a good trade at least. I was also happy to see Primal acting more like his old self. (Not that I blame him for having a breakdown.)

The final showdown between Megatron and Primal was awesome. The ending doesn't bug me as much anymore, but I'm still not fond of what happened to Cybertron.

Overall, that was an awesome and worthy TF show. I don't love it as much as Beast Wars, but I love it nonetheless, even as a sequel to BW. I'm glad I didn't watch the series when I was younger, I don't think I would have appreciated it fully.

8. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Speaking of missing Jetstorm...

In Darkest Knight
    written by Steven Melching

I didn't want to do this episode. I really didn't. It makes me so sad. *sniff* Deep breathes, now. I can do this. *huff huff huuuuuff* Okay! So Nightscream's wandering around at night in robot mode and looking for Noble as loudly as he can. No surprise then, that Thrust and Jetstorm find him instead. Time to unleash the beatdown and welcome back the fond return of Cool Moves! OMG! Thrust speeds off a ramp and bodyslams Nightscream! Oh my gollies! It's not even 3 minutes into the epsidoe yet.

*glares at Decepticons*
    You guys aren't even trying anymore, are you? Just flash that purple badge and expect people to assume you're cool. You make me sick.

Right then, back to the show! Below in the caverns Rattrap reveals his newest invention; a portable DNA scanner that will allow robots to pick up an alternate form once they restore all the sparks to their bodies. Blackarachnia asks if it's capable of making them technorganic. It can't. Firstly, who cares if they have alternate modes as long as they have bodies? Secondly, who cares if they're technorganic or not? The goal is to restore everyone to life, right? Not to restore them to technorganic life or am I mistaken? About that time everyone realizes that Nightscream hasn't checked in for a while. Time to go topside!

And topside Nightscream wakes to the sound of revving engines as cycle drones circle him. Ohhh, what happens? Maximals show up and rescue him. Rattrap makes a couple half-hearted jokes about the predicament and Nightscream just completely overreacts. Seriously, it's stuff like this that makes him the most hated character of all time.

Rattrap: "Sooo uh, stay out past your bedtime?"
    Nightscream: "GET OFF MY BACK, YOU SLAGGIN' STINK-INFESTED RAT!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!!"

0_o'

Ooo-kay. Big fight! Everyone's fighting everyone. Nightscream sneaks up behind Jetstorm when Blackarachnia taps him on the shoulder. She has a better idea. She's going to take him on herself. She tackles him from behind and climbs him like a jungle gym. By now Jetstorm is a little irritated and decides that today is the day they finish this rivalry once and for all.

NOOOO!!!!

*ahem* Sorry. Sorry, I don't know where that came from. Uhm.... m-moving on. Oh gawd. Okay, okay, I'm still hanging in there. Let's go. So he chases her through the city a bit and about that time Megatron hovers over the entire city block. A port opens up and he sucks Primal and Cheetor right up inside. Blackarachnia sees this and decides to continue her sparring match with Jetstorm instead. She ducks beneath the streets and he eagerly follows. And just in case you thought everyone forgot about Nightscream, Thrust is right there to clock him upside the back of the head. Good. Stupid kid deserves to get hurt today. :D  He doesn't get much chance to celebrate because Savage turns up right then and smacks Thrust away.

*sniff sniff*
    You smell like bat-kid I used to know. Savage drags Nightscream off and Rattrap follows (from a safe distance)

Underground Blackarachnia is still leading Jetstorm through the tunnels and such. She gets ahead of him and prepares to spring a trap. And meanwhile Jetstorm lets out this wicked, hellacious roar that echoes through the whole cavern. He's really serious about finishing her off. OMG!! Snared in a web!! Jetstorm goes down! He lands in a puddle of technorganic... goop. No... Rattrap's DNA scanner... she put it on his back earlier without his knowing. N-no... Jetstorm's glowing green! And he's yelling in pain! No, this isn't happening!!

Blackarachnia (in a soothing voice) : "Don't fight it."

OMG, shut up!! Shut up!! OMG, feathers! No! NO! NOO! Beak!!!! NONONONO!!!! Purple?!!? Googly eyes!!! Turkey Condor!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Jetstorm... ? Silverbolt!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

And I'm not the only one completely freaking out here. Silverbolt is in horror at his new ghastly look. I think Blackarachnia is too. Probably because she was expecting a majestic looking silver/gray wolf with strong, golden wings. Yeah, no dice. You get the purple turkey condor thing. So he flips out and flies away. Now she's the one doing the chasing.

She catches up to him topside where he's perched on a rooftop in the city and spying on the floating Megahead. And why is she walking around in robot mode? Does no one care anymore? The whole thing about Vehicons being able to track them in robot mode? No? Well, I guess there really is only Thrust to worry about anymore. And Megatron, well he doesn't seem interested in them right now. Okay, I'll let them off the hook this time. Besides, I like her robot mode better than her beast mode.

Silverbolt: "How can you stand the sight of me?"

Hoo, I'm trying. I'm really trying. Those eyes are so freaky though. Silverbolt is having a really bad day so far. Blackarachnia tries to reach him, but his old ideal like chivalry, honor, nobility and all that aren't exactly reaching him. He seems very distraught about having been Jetstorm, but a little dish of revenge seems to be just the thing to cheer him up. Onto Megahead!

Hm? I think we forgot about Rattrap, Savage and Nightscream. What are they up to? Mmm.... well, Noble has found some metal apples for Nightscream to eat. How very cheesey. I think Nightscream should dance for those apples. Naomi Watts did it for King Kong. Rattrap sneaks up and is about to rescue the brat, when Noble spots him. They're all pleading with Noble to stay... *Noble* but he doesn't want to hear it! Instant transformation into Savage! Fireballs! Yeah! They run, they hide, they get roasted and then they run some more until they run into Thrust and his cycle drones. Hey, fireball for you too! Savage drives them off. And that's the end of their little adventure.

Meanwhile! Blackarachnia and Silverbolt have snuck aboard the Megahead and she's still in robot mode. *sigh* The odds that Megatron knows exactly where they are and has since before they even boarded the ship? 100%. They're herded into the main chamber of the ship where Cheetor and Optimus are being suspended in the air by an energy field. Apparently Megatron has been trying to download all the info in Primal's brain about the Oracle so he can better utilize the sparks in his possession. Okay, groovy.

Data-stream Megatron appears and tries to win Silverbolt back over to his side. Blackarachnia keeps shouting, "Don't listen to him, he's trying to trick you!" No way, really? I don't think you have to worry about Silverbolt going back to work for Megs after how moody he's been acting. Sure enough, Silverbolt finally loses it and tells Megatron to shut up. He leaps in the air, and the turkey condor transforms (without using any activation code or phrase or anything) into a purple samurai. Yes, because before he was a knight. So now he is a brooding samurai. AND where DID all this ninja vs. pirate junk come from anyway? Everyone knows it should b e knight vs. samurai. For sure. Samurai-bolt fires off a bunch of knives and starts bringing the place down. Explosions rock the place, data-stream Megs disappears. Primal and Cheetor are freed. It's all looking very good. Where's the Vehicons to save Megs now? Nowhere to be found. And yet, Primal calls for retreat. Dude, what? Let the bird go crazy! No? Alright then. Blackarachnia gives the bird a zap and puts him down since he won't come quietly. They all leap out of Megahead and fly down to the surface.... and land right next to Rattrap and Nightscream as Savage chases off Thrust. Silverbolt finishes off Thrust himself and it's all very sad, because he was just calling on Jetstorm for help. Aww, he lost his only friend. He feels the same sadness that I do. *sniffle*

It's all very cheery now. The Maximals are all super happy to have Silverbolt back, but he just ignores them and walks away. And what I love best is that Blackarachnia doesn't offer up any explanation. She just follows Silverbolt. Hehe. Sometime later we find the two of them on top of another roof, and I just love these orange, hazey sunsets on Cybertron. So very nice.
    He's all wracked with guilt, because he remembers every moment of being Jetstorm and actually enjoyed being freed from his code of honor. Blackarachnia doesn't care. She knows who he is, what he is, and trusts him still.

Ah, very touching. And that's the end of this episode. *siiiiigh* No more Jetstorm. No more of that wonderful voice or those witty lines. No more evil emphasis at the end of his sentences. No more *cl-I-pped!* No more raging mad roaring when he's super mad. No more... Jetstorm.

*slumps*

I'm so depressed. :( 

The Tally!
    Primal Communes with the Oracle:
    First season: 4 times
    Fallout: 1 time
    Savage Noble: 0 times
    Prometheus Unbound: 0 times
    In Darkest Knight: 0 times

And a little something extra:

[​IMG]

*sniff* I cry for you, Jetstorm. I cry. :( 
    All of Argentina cries for you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK3.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK4.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK5.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK7.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK9.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK11.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK12.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK14.jpg
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd160/MakoCrab/IDK15.jpg

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Aye, I feel your pain. I liked Jetstorm better, a lot better actually. Silverbolt is nice but I wish there was a way both of them could stick around. I do like how being Jetstorm impacted Silverbolt after the latter was brought back, though. I actually like his condor beast mode. I think it looks cool if not entirely techno-organic. (Like wheras Chaeetor and rattrap have obvious robot bits and joints on their bodies)

And just an FYI, the whole point is to restore Cybertron to a techno-organic state, that includes all who live on it. That's why BA was interested in wether or not they could create Techo-organics.

And yes, Nightscream sucks and will always suck.

10. SOUNDWAVE24

SOUNDWAVE24 MUHA HA HA HA

11. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I'm told that the original idea was to have Jetstorm and Silverbolt separated and have them both still active. Like, the Jetstorm personality program would still inhabit a Vehicon body and Silverbolt would have been rescued somehow. And then his beast mode was to be split up, which is why he's only a bird in the show and not a hybrid. His separated wolf mode would run around on its own doing whatever. And there was supposed to be this big mystery as to which one was really Silverbolt. You have Noble acting all noble like the guy they used to know, and then you have the samurai acting all brooding dark. So which one is the real one?
    The reason it didn't happen was because it was deemed too convoluted. Some of the ideas remained but got reworked. The Noble half of Savage/Noble is where that came from. Jetstorm stays dead and Silverbolt is now a turkey condor.

Maybe it's just me. I had a similar reaction when we lost Transmetal Megatron and got this crazy red dragon Megatron in his place. No cool chest plate. No cool shoulder pads. No purple, tan, or black. A bright red dragon. *smacks forehead*

Oh, I get that. I just think it's silly at this point in the story. Like, what? Are they going to refuse help from NON-technorganic transformers?

Not his voice actor though!

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I agree with almost all you say, except this. Really, he looks nothing like a turkey dude, turkey's are fat, have long, skinny necks, round heads and short little beaks. does that sound like Silverbolt's alt mode to you? I didn't think so.

Dude.

A lot, and I mean a lot of people will disagree. I however, I will not. TM2 Megs was awesome, but I wish he had kept his Transmetal body. It was so much cooler.

I think it was more a matter of "Can this thing do everything or are we gonna have to do it the hard way?". So far there's two sure-fire ways of reformatting a TF into Techno-organic: the Oracle and a Techon-organic goop dunking comined with a DNA scanner to supply the best mode. They probably just thought "hey, two birds, one stone" but nope, it takes two stones.

Well, his VA could've made him less annoying, but as far as playing the part right I agree.

13. Sparky Prime

A Turkey Vulture is not a turkey.
    To me, I'd have to say Silverbolt's beast mode in Beast Machines looks to be a mix between a turkey vulture and an andean condor.

14. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

You're joking right?

The toy left a bit to be desired, but

Huge red dragon > metal tyrannosaurus.

15. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Not so!

The turkey condor thing is just me being stupid. It looks silly to me and turkey's are silly birds. So now I call him a turkey condor. :D 

Works for me.

The guy that plays Nightscream went on to play Gambit in X-Men Evolution and is currently one of the main supporting characters on Battlestar Galactica. He does some really good stuff, just that Nightscream isn't one of his better roles.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Fixed. :D 

Seriously, BW TM Megs was so... professional looking, and he had to rely more on his brains in combat. Plus, he looked a lot better. Just because he's a giant red dragon doesn't automatically make him cool, where is it written that dragon's are cool? Dragons are so over-rated, albeit back then dragons were the shit. A metal T-rex may not sound cool, but they made him look cool. The roller skates/landing gear is the best thing they could ever do to him. Not to mention TM Megs was the only one with two hands.

Two hands.

17. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeh, I would hope that translates to show accurate toys, instead of the garbage we got back then. I snipped out your mention, but a Botanica figure would pretty much justify Beast Machines as a toy line (too bad its 10 years too late!).

I saw another post along the way speaking about that concept of Beast Machines having...what was it....character development? I've now watched the series 3 times on DVD and haven't seen that elusive concept yet.

Sadly enough, I keep seeing in many of Mako's posts the following -

And I keep wondering, if Marty wrote Beast Machines in its entirety (and without Skir) as he writes today, would it have been an overall better series? Animated, IMHO, is the best thing we've had since Beast Wars yet some folks react like someone just ate their firstborn. I don't get it. Of course, I don't get the Energon/Cybertron hate. Then again, I did watch the series in its original, not-massacred-by-dub-writers, glory.

18. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

BTW - nice touch with those G1 screenshots, Mako. Kinda overshadows the doubts about organic life on Cybertron from the naysayers, doesn't it? :wink: 

EDIT: Oh lovely, seems I hit the quote button instead of the Edit button on my original post :banghead: 

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't see have you can miss it. Just watch Beast Wars. See how different the characters are? Now watch Beast Machines and see what happens.

They change, right, some for the better, some for the worse, but ultimately they all lead up to the ending.

I never really liked what the characters became. I think it was great how they did it and stand-alone it was fantastioc combination of each character's personal struggle and adapting to their new environment (especially considering how much it's changed and they're supposed to be on this seemingly "familiar' planet but it's just as alien now as Earth was), I just kinda wish they didn't.

I like BM, but I wish it never happened. (If that makes any sense, which it doesn't so...)

I really wish the Beast Wars ended with the Maximal's towing Megs back to Cybertron, Megs breaks free and dominates the planet with his vehicons and virus, Maximals die from virus, Megatron wins. Basically BW plus the first ep of BM only the good guy's die.

20. Sparky Prime

Everywhere. Dragon are cool. See? There it is now.