Review: War for Cybertron Kingdom Airazor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Philister, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Seamus McLame

Seamus McLame Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to tighten pinned joints? On my copy one of the wings is loose at the joint closest to the torso. I don't see working Future into that joint as the best way to do it. I've heard some stuff about heating the pin but nothing specific.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    This figure doesn’t feel as cheap as I thought it would be. Transformation has more 180 degree swivel steps than expected. It’s fun to transform and pose. Hips easily able to raise more than 90 degrees with no hindrances. Makes kneeling and crouching while aiming rocket poses a lot easier.

I agree and I tend to think these aren’t aimed at kids but the prices probably would go up if better materials were used, which is the double edged sword. I doubt these were playtested thoroughly and if they were, may not have been tested either by kids or tested enough.

I got mine earlier and I can see how the wings could stress/break. There’s a way that they have to be lifted or pulled a bit as the clearances at the hinges are very minimal. Hasbro/Takara have been designing joints like this to act as detented hinges via angled contact surfaces. However they don’t show you in the instructions, where to pull gently to clear the other folding hinges. This isn’t specific to Airazor as I’ve seen other Kingdom figures and previous mainlibe Transformers from the past few years that had the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wespy

Wespy Well-Known Member

My copy has a slight misaligned pin at the left forearm. It doesn’t ratchet and has a slight gap.

it pisses off my ocd but isn’t the end of the world. If I find another in the wild, I’d consider swapping the forearm and returning.

she is rather fragile tho.

4. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

No, I'd definitely NOT use a soldering iron to heat it, that would do the opposite and loosen it actually.

Future works. Just soak a qtip in it and then lightly press it to the opening where the pin is inserted; due to the water-like nature of Future, some will work its way into it. It's just how water works. (like Bruce Lee said, be like water)

Just be neat about it, so you don't douse the entire figure with Future where you don't need it. If so, quickly clean it off with a damp paper towel.
    I do this to loose pin joints all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wespy

Wespy Well-Known Member

Future will definitely work for this. I use it with qtips on lots of figures to tighten up parts. Especially ankle rocker pins and looks legs. Nothing more irritating when a mainline fig can’t even stand over from MFS (Mega Floppiness Syndrome). NF Elita was my worst case as of late.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I love when a flyer can tilt their head up for some cool flying poses. IMG_2834.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  7. Seamus McLame

Seamus McLame Well-Known Member

Thank y'all so so much!!!

8. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Opened mine up and got bit too. :( 

20210330_014422.jpg

Might be able to get rid of the stress mark with heat. Doesn't appear to have cracked. Yet.

Left wing bends both ways easy peasy. Right one was immediately problematic right out of the package. Actually popped off when trying to move it into position correctly and when I carefully tried to pop it back on that's when the stress mark appeared. So be careful.

20210330_020457.jpg

She's a wonderful figure though. Shame about the wing issues. I may buy a second one to keep on hand just in case this one breaks legit at some point.

I think the tolerances on this one must just vary wildly because that left wing is A-ok. No stress, not even too tight. I will say the feet on mine are tight too so she stands well on my copy but the head on mine is pretty loose. Nothing some Future wouldn't fix but still, it's a QC lottery on her across the board apparently. Still love her though.

20210330_020430.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, Future will fix ALL joints, pinned, ball, whatever.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The tab also acts as a bit of a soft ratchet which also puts stress on that area. I can see kids breaking the wings right out of the box :( . I cut the tabs right out the box on my second copy but I already see some stress marks from that thin hinge section.

11. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Got one from Target today. Glad I checked this thread before opening the figure. I cut her out of the packaging. One of the wings was misassembled and the tab was on the wrong side. I used a dremel and just shaved both of the tabs off completely. No stress at all on the wings now and they move in both directions without issues.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This figure is so damn good. She's a joy to pose and looks amazing. She feels a cut above Cheetor.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wonder if we'll see a remold as Silverbolt!

14. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the trick right there which I had to follow myself a moment ago.

The left wing is incorrect out of the box, and thusly, the tab that secures into her back in bot mode is "pushed through to the other side of the wing." Essentially.

You need to use all the surrounding joints of that particular section to massage and re-thread that tab back through the opposite side of the wing.

DO. NOT. FORCE. IT.

There is a notch cut out where you can successfully and carefully guide it back through.

Use the other wing as reference so you know what a correct one looks like.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Out Bird Watching!
    DSCN5822.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  16. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    This YouTube review shows the wing crack/stress mark issue at the 2 minute mark and demonstrates it. I don’t have the figure (still thinking about getting it) so I had no reference point, but this shows what you need to watch out for I believe.

Just scroll to 2 minutes:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is one seriously kick ass, High quality deluxe.

By far best bird mode for bot mode ratio. Bot mode is really cool, I LOVE the vibrant colors. Bird mode is just all kinds of fun. Cant go wrong with this one.

I can see buying this again just to paint the feathers nice. There is so much detail, that a good brown wash with drybrushing would make one of these almost lifelike. I really enjoy the wings folded too. Very surprised that it poses so well with the wings folded.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Leave it to Hasbro to pack a figure in a way that could potentially damage it before you transform it once. Accidentally stressed the tab on the one wing too.

19. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Guys...Do you think we are over playing the whole "stressed this" and "I have a stress mark here" type shit? I mean..this is a mass retail TOY. Its not a high end collectible..for $20 with the packaging, I gotta say...It seems like its a bit much. These toys arent designed to last 100 years..they are designed to make someone smile for a bit..

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    bye bye birdie.jpg

• Like Like x 4