Review time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duwian, Oct 16, 2011.

1. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    When the fuck did I "hate" on Peaugh? I applaud his success and I hope he's making the money I estimate he's making through YouTube.

Don't put meaning into my words that is not there. Seriously, it bugs the fucking shit out of me when people misinterpret what I say by comparing my words to their bias. I do not share your bias, my words were not spoken from your bias. How can your bias be an acceptable tool to interpret my words? I try to speak as objectively as I can and not include meanings that are not self evident. All I ask is that people meet me half way or admit that something I've said is confusing and ask for clarification.

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Because Hasbro was going crazy and doing everything possible to seal up leaks, yes. I don't see what your questions have to do with anything I've said, though. He's not just an average collector, no matter how much he sees himself that way.

Edit: sorry for the double post, my android device refuses to copy/paste.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yes, I was just clarifying that I said he posts the reviews after the reveals, not that he didn't (sometimes) get the figures way before that. We were sort of saying the same thing but I wasn't clear enough (I'll bring the foreign language card here).

4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I don't know if Peaugh's gotten to that point though. I know there are people who can and have made a living off of making YouTube videos, but their views regularly top 100,000 views. Peaugh's videos don't.

And honestly, he clearly still works a day job (or night job as it were).

I don't think he's making as much money as a YouTube Partner as you think. It's probably just extra spending dough or a good buffer space on bills and the like.

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Here are the numbers I've collected:

Youtube Partners make between $2.50 and $5.00 per thousand views.

Adsense can make anywhere between $0.00 to $100.00 per thousand views, depending on what ads are displayed and the whether the people watching the video have a predisposition to click on ads. My rough estimate for Peaugh is $1.00 per thousand views from adsense.

Peaugh's videos tend to get around 10,000 to 60,000 views over their entire life times. Sometimes less, sometimes a HELL of a lot more. The earlier and more wanted a figure is, the better.

The range I've established for how much he might make per thousand is between $3.50 and $6.00 per thousand views. It could be higher than that, but let's assume $4.75 per thousand views. For any random video he might make, it's reasonable to assume he could make between $47.50 and $287.

for a figure like Dino or Wheeljack, I could see him getting well over 100,000 views because of how popular those characters are in the fandom.

So while it might take a lot of money to motivate people to find a way to get early figures like Dino or Wheeljack, the potential returns could be more than worth it, especially since the money that went into getting the figure can be written off as a business expense.

Add to that the ability to sell any figure he gets, and he can easily more than make his money back per any one figure.

I haven't studied Peaugh long enough to know how many views he gets a year, but, depending on the cost of living of where he lives, he could easily be making a living wage just from his videos alone.

6. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

^^ Well said. I think you know what you're talking about, lolol.

Anyway, what I was saying is the figures is revealed, Peaugh gets him, about a month later it hits retail. Wheeljack and Soundwave are schedule for retail at December, so I have heard. So, around early to mid November, we should get a review... Right?

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I don't think he's getting the Movie accurate Wheeljack, I think he's only interested in the G1 repaint

8. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

And there's no saying he's going to be picking them up early. Seems to me like he's willing to wait for it to hit retail.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Instead of speculating on the dude's income, buy the figures yourself and do the review if they mean that much to you.