Review time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duwian, Oct 16, 2011.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

You got the joke... and yet you didn't at the same time.

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    But the thing is, based on my estimates, he should be making a fair amount of money from each review, the earlier he puts it up, the better. Especially if he sells or does a contest for the figure after he reviews it, if he gets it early, he should come out more than on top.

Because of how powerful his channel is and its money making potential, I think it is incorrect to say he is just a normal collector like the rest of us. He used to be like us, but now he has far more versatility in what he buys and in what quantities he buys because he can always make the money back and more if he's careful, not to mention that each figure he buys can be put down as a business expense on his taxes., further nullifying their cost.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Being a YouTube Partner doesn't change the fact that Hasbro doesn't let as many toys leak out of China as they used to.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Peaugh's not even sure if he'll get the toy. He said the only Movie stuff he's interested in is Soundwave and G1 Wheeljack. Maybe he'll make his mind once he sees pics

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I'm just saying there's incentive and the large amount of money it may take to motivate the aquisition of the figure MIGHT be worth the investment. The only problem would be if Hasbro asked Youtube to take down the video, which shouldn't be a problem anymore since the figures in question have been revealed.

6. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

Yeah, but look at Peaugh's and Optibotmus's reviews of Leader Starscream. They both say things like, "obviously it's no in stores yet, it should hit retail around June" and "this isn't in stores yet, it will be in a few months." They get the figures to review before they his stores, so no, the massively popular youtube reviewers aren't normal collectors.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

But did they get him before his reveal?

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Nope, they've never reviewed a toy that wasn't already revealed by Hasbro. They do get some of them before they hit retail though, mostly through *shenanigans*

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Technically we had a review before Leadfoot's Deluxe was revealed by Hasbro. The pic we got from them at SDCC was the HA

10. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I was under the impression that production had moved to vietnam? Perhaps their fingers aren't as light there!

11. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Peaugh had DotM Voyager Megatron before Hasbro officially announced it. He made several comments, but waited on doing a review.

12. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    But didn't he post the actual review after the reveal?

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    okay, let me explain this right now:

Peaugh and folks like him are regular collectors that do reviews for fun. This is something he has stated before. He is just like us, sure he got his start with the "$1 BIN animated voyagers" and all, but he does his reviews because he gets excited about a toy and wants to share it with others.

seriously, listen to this podcast that him and vangelus did if you want to know the truth:

04 – Toyetic Videodrome – June 2 2011 « Vangelus Central

He does it because he enjoys it, not because he wants to make money off of it. Remember, he reviews other things that aren't "stolen chinese toys" like kamen rider, super sentai, thundercats, and more. Peaugh has stated he is tired of movie figures and really only wants soundwave and the g1 remold of wheeljack really, so he won't be doing more DOTM reviews unless someone passes the figure along to him like has happened before (can't remember which one, but there has been times he bought a figure he wanted and this other figure was thrown in as well)

The reason Peaugh has such connections are from the animated days where he still is in contact with the folks who did that back then, but don't use ebay anymore, but remember, peaugh will always buy a retail copy of a figure when it comes out when he buys the stolen chinese version

You guys are being quite harsh towards him, he really is a nice guy that is just like us, he just got lucky that his reviews took off that's all

and yes, production is suppose to be moving to vietnam, but when? i can't remember

14. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    That's all been explained in the thread already, but I guess a summary can't hurt.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    no it all hasn't, i read the thread, there are people here that are saying peaugh and folks like him are in it for the money and all that and i am nipping that in the butt right now. It is statements like that are unwarranted and are unfair to folks like Peaugh who are legit nice people.

16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offense, but ANY collector here, that has ANYTHING AGAINST guys mentioned above success's with youtube and video reviews is simply a HATER.

dont be jealous. Those guys are DIE HARD toy fans. If they can make a buck doing stupid reviews that we all watch then for gods sake, LET THEM MAKE MONEY DOING IT!!!

I'll bet that some might even start with the "Yea..those guys make so much money doing it, they should give all their toys to less fortunate collectors"

Quit hatin on those guys. I appreciate being able to see a product before I buy it. They do me a service. SOME have even SAVED ME MONEY by showing me a turd before I unwrap it.

There's 3 reviewers I consistantly watch. Thew, Optibotimus,and Peaugh. Each have their own strengths.
    Thew= comedy relief review
    Optibotimus= I relate with his tastes, and USUALLY agree with him
    Peaugh=More Detailed, seems to find hidden things, but dont always agree with him

-They ACQUIRE a toy (however they get it I dont care)
    -They spend time TFing, and practicing the review
    -They film it (usually THEY PAID for a camera and light set up, and the electricity to power said filming)
    -They put themselves out for criticism as well

If I click on thier production, then I sure as hell hope THEY GET SOMETHING OUT OF IT

17. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    Yes, and they were corrected no further than page 2. My point is, they're gonna keep spreading misinformation regardless, or "haters gonna hate" as they say.

Anyway I can't speak for him and I don't know him, but I don't think Yuyuyami was attacking Peaugh. He just said he was more versatile and probably was more resourceful than a run-of the mill collector, and he is.

18. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

Who hated? I missed that... I personally love the reviewers, they do do a service, yes. And they all seem like nice guys. What I was asking was if you thought they would get a toy to review after it was was revealed but before it hit retail (like Leader Starscream). Since they do get toys in the way some times, I was asking how long before they hit retail do they get them. I guessed 1-1.5 months. Then I wondered if you thought a reviewer would get doTM Deluxes Wheeljack and Soundwave soon based on the aforesaid information.

19. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    No one hates. We all love each other here, let's pretend this never happened. Sorry for the slight derail, Duwian!

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm waiting right now for a review for Wheeljack, Soundwave or Human Alliance Soundwave.