Review - LG39 Brainstorm

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BigTFTrev, Feb 7, 2017.

1. BigTFTrev

BigTFTrev Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LG39 Brainstorm
    Series – Legends
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of Walmart Brainstorm
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode –Cybertronian Fighter jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Headmaster
    Main Colours – Teal, Grey
    Main Accessories – Synapse drone, Cana Headmaster, pistol

[​IMG]

Vehicle Mode

[​IMG]

It wasn’t until I took the gun out of the box and realized that it was a match for Titan Return Blurr’s that I had a better look at Brainstorm and realized the whole figure is a retooled Blurr. That said, it’s a very nice looking version of Brainstorms alt-mode with the twin guns at the front, sleek nose and slim wings. The orange cockpit makes a nice counterpoint to the rest of the colour scheme and Brainstorms Headmaster partner Cana fits nicely inside.

Robot Mode

[​IMG]

A bit small for my liking but it means that he scales well with the rest of the Legends/Titans Return figures. You can remove the nosecone and add it to the arm for extra firepower or leave it attached to his back where it is only noticeable when looking through the legs. The figure has good articulation and once again that lovely Tak/Tom paintjob.

Cana and Synapse
    Synapse
    is actually the name of the drone vehicle that comes with Brainstorm. This can either be in a jeep mode for Cana to drive or turn into a double-barelled blaster for Brainstorm to weild.
    Cana has been based on Brainstorms JP Headmaster appearance with the removal of the faceplate. He is nicely detailed in both his modes. When compared with Arcana from the Thrilling 30 version of Brainstorm you can see the difference in size between the two figures.

Overall
    To be honest, I actually still kinda like Generations Brainstorm better. Depends if you are a fan of the Headmasters cartoon or MTMTE to which one you may decide to get – or if you are an obsessive fan like me you can just get both!

To read a more in-depth review with lots of pics, please see my blog review of Legends Brainstorm HERE

[​IMG]

2. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I love this figure, but the QC issues really hurt it overall. Weird mold issues on the left leg. Stress mark on the right. Chipped pain on the face.

3. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the Walgreens version looks so much more dynamic. The teal used here is vibrant, but laid out with the black and white it just looks bland.

4. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    The Blurr/Brainstorm mold is one of those fantastic figures that I will buy every repaint of.

It's just too good not to. Takara Legends Brainstorm is no exception.

I tend to prefer headsculpts with faceplates. But, this version is amazing. It looks fantastic in pictures but looks even better in person.

I'm a big fan of TR Walgreens Exclusive Brainstorm. Especially the tampographs. But Legends Brainstorm has a better paint scheme. The color choices and locations just flow better and pop more especially in person.

@GoLion I'm sorry to hear about the Quality issues w/your copy. But, luckily mine has no such problems.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait for mine to arrive next month when it ships with other stuff. I have the Walgreens one, and he's great, but this one's head looks like he walked off of the Headmasters cartoon. He'll look great next to Legends Fortress, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead, all of whom I already own.

6. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    No disrespect intended, but I can see the same exact stress mark on your left leg. It's fairly faint, but it's there.

The leg I circled in green has the slight mold bumps.
    The leg circled in red has the slight stress mark.

Attached Files:

7. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    That isn't my figure. It belongs to the boardmember who started this thread. Which isn't me.

I never posted pictures of my figure in this thread.

8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Ah gotcha. Then you lucked out. I've bought two, and handled a few more; each figure had the stress mark issue to varying degrees. Some were definitely worse than others.