Review & Gallery of Alt Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jan 28, 2006.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Is no-one else just a little upset that this Prime has no Matrix? Or is it just me? I know in Japan this is supposed to be Ginrai(which leads me to wonder why they didn't make his engine a Powermaster, but I digress), but we've seen two North American Prime releases, 20th and Cybertron that both come with Matrixes(Matricies?), so to not include it with this one seems to be a step backwards.

2. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

At this point, Alt. Prime not having a Matrix is the least of his problems -- though I suspect he'd pick up a few more fans if he did have one.

-XCN-

3. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I'll buy it because it's a new mold and not a car. But I'll have no love for it like I would with MP Optimus.

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Sups is a HUMANOID as such he is to resemble a human being to fit in. Optimus Prime is a Transforming Leader Robot and in every generation has been Larger in scale with his counterparts. Look at a pack of Lions the leader is always larger as well in Seal and Wolf Packs.

5. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Hes grown on me, the design has been compromised by cost engineering im sure and the mold was obviously not intended as Prime originally. I suspect (as with prowl) it will be vitriol till release then love all round ;) 

6. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Optimus is usually supposed to be the strongest and smartest of all the autobots.
    This mold makes him seem like just another bot. Not to mention his tiny head makes him look like a pea brain.

7. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

He looks a lot better than in previous pics I've seen.

My only real complaint is that his robot mode could use more paint apps in certain areas, all that red makes it hard to look at in some poses and lighting.

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

That's because the figure's are big and bulky enough to accomidate a Matrix Chamber. Where the heck would Alt Prime put his Matrix? In the glove box? :p 

9. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Alt Prime doesnt look like he's recieved the matrix

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Has Ginrai been confirmed??????

11. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ho hum, not very impressive, but I'll probably buy it anyways because it's a new mold and he can fit in with the rest of the primes.

12. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering Completist

So can the grill flip up over the hood? to show the grill and maybe give OP his standard grill front?

13. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Well, he wasn't larger in G1 - unless you're only counting 1984's toys - mainly because he didn't combine with his trailer.

PMOP was larger than his counterparts in Masterforce, as was Star Convoy in RoC; but when PMOP was released so was Fortress Maximus.

RiD Prime was also larger than his counterparts, as was Armada Prime.

Energon Prime wasn't larger than Omega Supreme, but they combined though.

-airfox

14. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This guy admits in his review that he is not sure if he is transforming him correctly...I'll reserve judgement until someone actually transforms him the way the toy designer intended him to be transformed (because we all know the Hasbro instructions know eff-all about how the toy is supposed to work). Prowl is a great Alt, and all pre-release
    photo's looked like he had a board up his ass. I have a feeling he won't be as bad as most think, but he doesn't compare to the earlier releases. It does seem that the designers are not trying as hard to make the new Alts as faithful to their inspiring characters as they did in the past. Compare Alt Tracks to his G1 counterpart, and then compare Prowl to his..(Tracks even has shoulder missiles for piss sakes). They went the extra mile with Streak and Smokescreen, and made their engine-weapons resemble their G1 versions, but Skids and Prowl just have engine blocks with gun barrels attached. That little bit of effort would make a very good toy into a classic. I even like the fact that they gave Grimlock a double barreled gun and a big kick ass sword. It made up for the fact that he wasn't a Dino anymore (IMO) and gives him the powerful and gritty aesthetic that he should have. The fact that the sword seems out of place with Wheeljack, just proves that at times Hasbro/Takara decide to not put as much thought into the design as the character deserves. Not to say they didn't bust their asses on designing the toy, it's just that the "cost effectiveness" is more obvious. They tipped their hand early on the "compromises" they had to make to get this toy to market. In my opinion Alternators will always be some of the best toys out there, some are just better than others. Alt Prime will most definitely be a great toy, just not a classic. Whew, that was long....I need a beer....

15. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I don't agree with the rest, I think he looks great. Big Bulky, covered in armor. Sort of a Samarai appeal to him. Give him a big sword, and I'll be all set.

16. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Instagram: colin_tfcon Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No.

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Earlier today I pooped and it looked just like Alt Prime...

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, you better check out what's causing your poop to be red and blue!!!:lol 

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I don't like it. 2oth anniversary Convoy looks much better with the Alternaters then this one...What's Megatron going to be, a Volvo?

20. Dragma

Dragma Active Member