Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Bot&Alt Mode High Res Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GenZhao, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    This is one hell of a fat Bast#*d! :rip 

2. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

I took out my 07 movie starscream and I told myself I'd be satisified with that, but now I'm not :( ....I'll be getting this fo sho

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    He looks great. Definitely gonna buy this.

4. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but Leige is right, somehow the starscream toys still make him appear broader than in the movie. When compared to certain pictures it looks like it SHOULD be correctly porportioned, but when you watch the figure itself, it still looks somewhat clumsy.

At least they fixed the jet mode.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

See... I HATE the Bayformer Starscream design... possibly the one I loathe most of all from that film...

And yet, I would almost buy this toy on the strength of the Jet mod alone! Looks great! Maybe if I can rig a decent alternate transformation for the robot mode....? Hmm...

Admittedly the robot mode looks a little stiffer, but it's a small price to pay for a better all around figure.

zmog

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like him, but I agree with above, still not a great representation of his badass on-screen model like other movie toys have done. I dare say I find the original's robot mode better in most ways. Still, love the jet mode, robot mode still looks pretty cool, yay hands, headsculpt looks better (still don't think painting the entire mouth area gold, while accurate, is very flattering for the head sculpt) and the wings on the back look really cool. This picture is great for showing his porportions.

It looks as though the elbows have a joint and can bend, but of the very few 'bot mode pictures there are they're all just straight. Please tell me he has elbows.

7. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    big question is... will they make a version of this toy WITHOUT the stupid tribal tattoos? Toy looks better than Deep Space Screamer, but the tattoo pattern looks awful. I don't care if it's in the film or not, it doesn't translate well to the toy.

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Very nice work Hasbro. Day one buy. Much better than the orignal SS especially in F-22 mode!

9. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He looks more fat than the last toy

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Total buy! Definately an improvement.

11. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    holy shit he looks awesome.. he will be mine oh yes he will be mine

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While I personally love the look of the tats on Starscream, I can see them definitely repainting him into a version without them. Maybe give him a more shiny silver and gray coloration, similar to the deco that the Deep Space version of the original mold got. Though I wouldn't be surprised if something like that ended up as a Target exclusive or something.

13. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is a huge improvement. I am glad I skipped on the first movie version. I can't wait for this. these are supposed to be released in May?

14. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Ok, i was wrong, after watching the video review, he looks awesome. The only thing that i still don't like is the new head, the old one looked much more accurate i find and those "tats" can get very annoying as well. Couldn't they give him a silver paint job?

15. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Sooooo glad I didn't get SS from the first one, this one looks like a vast improvement! Still not a fan of the Ape-like frame, but with the improvements made, I think I'll actually get this one!

16. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Hmmm....other than the arms I don't see it as an improvement. It's not exactly "better", just different.

Although the arms do look better, they don't look to have elbows, and they still don't look like the movie arms.

The groin area is now too wide and looks weird and I don't like the new head. I haaaate the tribal markings too.

I customized my Movie 1 SS with arms and it looks better than this new version.

17. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Do you have a topic where i can see? I love customs of the movie series!

18. OptimusPrimopoulos

OptimusPrimopoulos Member

well, I agree they did improve upon the first version. It does look much better.

But for myself, and i'm not trying to start something. Just my honest opinion. Starscream's robot mode still looks to me as if he was molded on a cooked chicken. And i'm being serious. I really wish they had thought better of these robot modes. Take a look.

[​IMG]

19. OptimusPrimopoulos

OptimusPrimopoulos Member

20. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    wide, not fat. Movie starscream is a pancakecon.

The problem with the toys is the same for all of them: The movie models have so much machine kibble and such complex transformations, that it is next to impossible to tell what a bot's altmode is based on the robot mode. The toys don't get that luxury, so the toys have a "flat" and undetailed look to them. Especially true with the decepticons. Megatron and Starscream have so much kibble, spikes, etc, that making a toy that will pass safety laws is near impossible without major modifications (still not an excuse for '07 Starscream's lack of hands).

The movie model of Starscream was very thin, just wide. Vast amounts of his body was merely frame and wires. The first toy, however needed some place for arms, legs, etc, and had the huge underkibble on the jet. The second movie toy seems to have addressed that, but the head seems less detailed.

I'd be perfectly happy if someone would come up with a fan-made custom hands set for the Deep Space Starscream. I love the look of that toy, and it looks far better than Tattooscream and regular 07 screamer's paint jobs.