Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave and Ravage Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 26, 2008.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Wait, just so i'm clear by the way? He strangley resembles soundwave from the animated series? Somewhat

2. RichieNine9

RichieNine9 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's cool.

i just don't think i'm convinced that this is legit though.

3. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice!!

10 to 1 Shia's character gets his hand bitten by Ravage which is how they wrote his hand injury into the film.

Could be wrong though. :) 

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Meh. Looks pretty bad to me.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Love Ravage, I'll need some time to warm up to that as Soundwave though. Looks very early/rough though, I figure we'll see a lot more refinements in the coming months.
    DN

6. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The art for Soundwave sucks... not design wise but as concept art in general.

7. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    :thumbdown 

8. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's something about Soundwave that puts me off, but I do love Ravage! Look at that tail!

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That's the magic word; 'SOMEWHAT' No one is going to look at that say 'oh that's Soundwave, I recognize that anywhere.' So I REALLY hope that's not actually him.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    2 black pick-ups, doubt it but honestly I've almost stopped caring what alt modes pop up. Never liked the bot designs, mainly cuz of ugly heads. Not gonna hope they start looking good now.

For one thing though, people refering to this not fitting his personality, I'm pretty sure the TFs in the movieverse don't care much about alt mods fitting their personality. They seem to be able to change into whatever fits what they need at any given time anyway. Frenzy turning into a boombox and cellphone. Bumblebee changing his look to be sold as a 'first car' then changing to a nice new car to look cooler

11. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Interesting. Ravage looks solid. Soundwave is not bad as well. Here's hoping these are early concept designs as per Orci's recent comments.

12. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    Ravage reminds me of the demon dogs in Ghostbusters meets the Alien 3 alien. I like it. Soundwave I like too but reminds me of a new look Ironhide with Barricade's features.

13. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet concepts, is Ravage going to be the sattelite in alt mode? I can't wait to see a movie Soundwave toy.

14. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

This looks very legit -- especially with the environment image to the left.

RAVAGE: Very cool and creepy -- very much robbing the design grave of Geiger, but so was Megatron from movie 1 (and that creepy tank) Ravage is too creepy if you ask me. Probably scare the hell of of my kids. I wish the villains had more appeal. I know it aint G1, but that thing is not fun, it's super creepy. I prefer it to feel fun. Oh well, at least easier to look at than Frenzy.

SOUNDWAVE: I like the big blue orbs -- like big weaponized soundwave generators or something. But c'mon, that head is just like Barricades! Get some more originality into the designs, dudes... The lower body is very cool -- but it basically just looks like Ironhide's body from Movie 1, but cooler. Why not make him dark blue? Why not hint at the original design even 1%? Guys, he's soundwave in name only. Too bad. It was a missed opportunity.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I don't like it. For some reason the Big old Chevy symbol front and center totally ruins it for me. Apparently the brand of choice by all sentient beings is GMC...

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Soundwave is okay. Ravage is pure love. :bay 

17. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I agree, there's something that's bugging me about these pics that tells me they're not official. And if Orci was right about Soundwave not being a pick-up, then we can pretty much discount the robot mode pic, because it's based on the pick-up as an alt mode. Which makes things about as clear as mud.

18. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

The art is not even remotely similar in style to that of the leaks from Tranformers 1 and the confirmed leaks for Transformers 2. Not done by the same person/people. The picture even seems based off of Barricade's design if you really pay attention.

The decepticon logo in the corner is a little fuzzy and obviously just a straight copy and paste from what you can get on google images. You think they'ed have a little better source being the actual artists for the movie? Why is it fuzzy?

The movie is not called Transformers 2. There is no 2 in the title. This has been stressed by the crew multiple times. They're really against it.

Concept art does not show off that much outside of the main picture. Concept art is rather plain except for exactly what it is showing. Why all the fancy borders? Movie concept artists do not do that.

Bob has said that Soundwave is not a truck.

Do you really need anymore evidence? I came excited to see Soundwave but instead it's just this obvious fake. I dont understand why people would think it is real. I guess I might have more of an eye for it, being an artist myself.

19. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank God i'm not the only one who thinks this is fake. Why would concept artwork have altmodes on them that doesn't exist for a character? The artwork doesn't look nearly as detailed as the work for Sideswipe does, or for the TF1 designs. As stated about this says "Transformers 2' not "Revenge of the Fallen".

i'll be more surprised if this is real than if it's fake.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothing about it particularly screams "fake" to me. The legs/head definitely remind me of the designs from the first movie, but eh, we'll see.

If indeed legit - there are aspects to it I like but it still kinda has the "jumbled mess of sharp angles everywhere" look I couldn't dig from the first set of bots. Oh well

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008