Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave and Ravage Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Devastator may take me a while considering he's going to consist of seventeen different species of ants and termites. I know that's a bit of a change from construction vehicles, but if you think about it ants and termites also build things so I believe he contains just enough GEEWUN spirit to keep fans happy.

Prime is an early concept, Galvatron is exactly how you will see him on screen.

2. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    you cant take credit for this!

I mean its wrong to take an image from the 1st movie and call it your drawing!

lol!!!:lolol 

3. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Will they be Green? That's all that REALLY matters.

4. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahaha! *Wipes eyes*

Ohh that is funny...

5. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

WOW!! Those designs are amazing. They are new and fresh and so imaginative!! I can't believe how badass and awesome this new take is on the Transformers design.

One of the best aspects is that there will be virtually no cheating or need for mas shifting involved. This is the perfect balance of robot and motion that allows for perfect transformations to alt mode with no cheating.

For those HATERS and GEEWUNNERS, wait until you see these designs in motion, and they will make perfect sense, and look much better on screen.

Besides, these are just early concepts, which means they will go tweaking and changes, which is to say, they will look almost exactly the same 1 year and a half from now as they do today.

TF3 is going to be a kick-ass ride!!

6. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Well, the individual swarms of ants and termites will be in various shades of browns and blacks, but the beauty is that when they combine to form Devastator there is a chemical reaction between the chromosomes in the ants and termites that causes the merged bot to become the familiar shade of yellowish green that we all know and love. Sort of like the colors that appear on your windshield when you drive through a swarm of insects. There's more science to it than that but I don't think anyone here would understand.

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Images are fake!

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Which ones?

9. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    While I think people will be pleasently surprised by Soundwave, I think their asses will drop to the floor in sheer amazement at Devastator. There is a lot of complicated manipulation of physics and confusing science involved, and it took a team of twelve thousand designers an entire month just to get this first preliminary design hammered out, but it's still close enough to the final design to give you a good idea just how awesome he's going to be.
    [​IMG]

10. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

That Heavy Duty Silverado got potential, i tell you that...

Of course it will not look stock, it's a movie...

The 3500 is a big mofo...
    To me, this pick-up truck is very different from the Top-kick (Ironhide)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Wow!!!! I LOVE RAVAGE!!!!!!!!!

Soundwave is pretty cool too.

12. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    My eyes, they burn! Too awesome:bay !

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude, you just replied to your OWN post? That's... a little sad.

14. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I personally like it. The only real movie model I didn't like was Starscream.

15. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

This post is pure GOLD.

16. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

QTF!

17. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    That post is just one of the million posts we've seen already with lame attempts at witty sarcasm. Move on, people.

18. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i understand the humor in the images but you're missing the point, yea the new designs are more jagged, but just beacuse they are more jagged doesnt mean they dont work...they still transform perfectly fine....

just like how the new designs are jagged, the old ones where boxy....whats the difference? they both work

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

And this is a futile attempt to stop lame attempts at witty sarcasm with condescending hyperbole.

I agree with this. I don't mind the jagged edges in the Movie designs. I actually think they work well for what they wanted to accomplish, which in my opinion was simply the realism factor.

With respect to the Soundwave and Ravage images in this thread, I think what is bothering me is (if this is the finished product) WTF are those blue orbs all over Soundwave? I also agree that ravage reminds me of a mechanized Dog Alien from Alien 3.

20. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Parody, sarcasm, humor and disapproval have the same rights to exist in this discussion as any other sentiment. Or is there a new "Positive Comments Only" rule that I missed? I’m thinking that some people might register parody as a broad statement that the subject being parodied should not exist. I love the TF Animated series, but when I see it being parodied or read sarcastic remarks about it I don't think, "OMG, I WISH THOSE HATERZ WOULD STFU!" I find it quite funny. It's actually pretty healthy to be able to take a step back from the things you like and observe or take humor in the elements that others don't like or can't relate to. This is coming from someone who honestly, truly, and unashamedly likes Jar Jar Binks. :) 

For the record, I believe these movie designs have their place. Part of the deal with Transformers is that they always look different from series to series. The movie designs are a pretty drastic change from the classic look, but are they any more drastic than Beast Wars? Obviously a lot of people really like the designs. And obviously a lot of people don't like them at all. However there is no reason discussions on the matter have to be as black & white as they are or be filled with such an alarming and unhealthy amount of rancor and hatred. Personally, I don't like the movie designs, at all, but I still enjoyed the film on a certain level and will probably watch the next one.