Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave and Ravage Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    agreed. I do like the design esp of ravage.

2. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

what tf's from the first movie, besides arcee, had CONCEPT art released? maybe i got in to late in the game and missed the concept images, because all the images hat i happened to see for the first movie were final designs that were leaked/released. I think a lot of you guys are confusing those final images with what a concept image is.

3. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Starscream, Megatron, Jazz. A few that I know of.

4. Neonmatt1

Neonmatt1 Member

Love the ravage look but soundwave as a truck curddles my blood. Why cant he just be a cd player and stay true to the g1 character? Would have been better if the boom box that Frenzy turned into in the 1st movie was what soundwave turned into! Then he could spit out cd disc that changed shape like the liquid terminator! That would have been awesome

5. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Comment removed - 2005 Staff

I have all the leaked concept art on my computer still, and Ratchet looks 95% like he does in the movie. the head changed slightly, but overal Ratchet looks the same.

First was a "napkin sketch" of Starscream looking very ape-like, and everyone said it wasn't TF... that it must be some mecha movie. Prime had an image release 9 months before the movie came out, that was a pic of his face with a black bar across his eyes. Shortly after that, were "baseball cards" with concept art of Megatron, Bonecrusher, Ironhide, and Prime. All the images were discounted by Don Murphy, Robert Orci, and the crew at Don Murphy's forums. Shortly after the release of the "baseball cards" the first draft leak came out, and the above mentioned crew members said that the leaked images and script were soooooo out of touch with the final product, that it looks TOTALLY different, and really, everything was 95% identical, for better or for worse.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet? Identical? Are we talking about the same robot that was completely different including colors, proportions, alt mode, a bit of the transformation and head?

7. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

I just hope this is the concept, not the actual Soundwave. The robot modes all black design and light-up blue "dishes" look cool, but, the face and overall body design looks like a beefed-up Barricade. Didn't another semi-confirmed decepticon have a robot mode that looked like Barricade, also? Is that how all the decepitcon look like now, Barricade?.?.?

I really hope Soundwave's vehicle mode is a Cybertronian stealth/spy plane. And if we didn't know that the Sr-71 was Jetfire, I'd bet money, it was Soundwave. Another all black pickup? Really, maybe it's just me, wasn't there a all black pickup in the last movie called Ironhide?

Did the people working on the designs for this movie, not see the first???? Of course if Hasbro is involved in the design, well we all know how much they love repaints.

Ravage, however, looks like a BEAST (Yes, technically, he is a beast, but still). Are those cannons on his back??? Sweet.

8. Bottom Out

good point

Comment removed - 2005 Staff

edit: just noticed that riji's guy

yea i never saw those images, thats interesting. So i'd say its safe to assume that this is what soundwave is going to look like, or at least very similar - assuming that he does have a truck mode, i've been told that he doesnt have an earth mode at all though

im confused by this post, are you saying there was a concept of ratchet that was completely different then the depiction in the movie?

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    No, the initial Ratchet design looked nothing like the green hummer. He was red-and-white, transformed into a fire truck (or a normal ambulance, I forget), with a design that looked halfway between the traditional fragmented movie style and a Gundam.

EDIT: Here we go:

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Movie_scale_chart.jpg

10. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I hope this turns out to be true just so that my sig has more substance to it.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Yeah, there was. He was changed so that Optimus could be the "red robot".
    [​IMG]

They used the paintjob as the inspiration for the movie Inferno figure.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And it's a shame we didn't get that Ratchet, he looks way better than the final result, not just colors but the overall shape, he's even a bit more "G1", something that would probably please fans.

13. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumbdown 

14. Bottom Out

oh wow, i never saw that, thanks

i think i like the final design better, but i like this color scheme more. the head on this one makes him seem a lot younger

15. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    this would have been better than what we got. I believe this represents the orginal Ratchet but added the movie styling to make a more extreme transformation. the truck mode would have worked to keep his relationship with Ironhide as well. This is an example of how the movie bots should have been made, not G-1 but just g-1 enough. And this model proves it could have been done! this pic further depresses me when I think of what we could have seen.

16. Sarcasticon

Sarcasticon Member

I agree with the rest of you nungeewunnerz, that soundwave and ravage are just awesome, best ever.. please please please let this be in the movie. Who cares that this bears no resemblance to any soundwave figure before it either in character or design. In fact, I think it's time to change soundwave's calm geewunn demeanor. I say since he's a pickup truck, give him a rowdy southern accent and a CB radio to communicate with the rest of his deceptipartners. yeehawww!!!

17. Sarcasticon

Sarcasticon Member

Good idea, and laser beak can transform into a banjo alla animated soundwave. kapow!

18. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    This new Soundwave inspired me to start working on some character designs for Transformers The Movie 3. I don't think I'll make any more changes to Galvatron's design but Optimus is way, waaaay too GEEWUN. For now, enjoy!
    [​IMG]

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

^^^^

Dude, were you involved in the designs for the first two movies? Those are almost spot on.

Do Devastator now.

20. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

:lolol  :lolol  :lolol 
    Now, is that the final reder or just an early concept?