Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave and Ravage Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

It usually takes me a while to warm up to a movie design, and sometimes I never get there at all (still hate chimpscream and Megatron) but MY WORD Ravage looks AWESOME! That is one kitteh that would seriously frak you up! They've even got his hip guns (sort of).
    Soundwave...ah, he's okay. I'm sure I'll warm to him.

2. alien

alien Command

Soundwave looks like "Barricade"? By the way i like ravage~Sweet...!

3. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Assuming it is legit, it looks ok, some nice elements. Ravage is particulary cool, tho the one-eyed face doesn't work for me.

However, if Soundwave now isn't a pickup truck, then clearly the final design will look pretty different anyway. This will only be one of many stages.

A few people have mentioned this look a bit "off", I know what you mean... it's is a pretty ugly contact sheet design if it's real. In my experience, we keep contact sheets pretty sharp with an unfussy border and logos, it shows the artwork off best; this one does seem unneccessarily busy, with some quite naff elements... not what I'd expect on a production of this scale, given the level of professionals employed.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'll guarantee that Bay & co. are getting a huge laugh right now watching the internet melt over this.

5. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Transformers make me want to be dead

News Credits:
    +2:banghead: 

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I have to say, it just looks horrible. I mean, not in a G1 sense, but in a movie TF sense. WTF are the Big blue orbs on him? Blue Light Special at Kmart? Being it isn't even for sure that he is a truck, and that this is only a concept shot. I sure hope they improve on it. Now Ravage, he doesn't look horrible, but could use some slimming. Kinda looks like my friends cat...we called him Titanic because he was a huge(fat) freaking cat, with tiny legs. That cat(Ravage) needs slimming.

7. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Actually, I'll bet they are sweating bullets sitting next to the Paramount execs, hoping people like the look. I buy Michael Bay's "Misinformation campaign" about as much as I buy Wall Street's reasons for the financial meltdown. Both are flat-out crap. Now we know that Orci is here for damage control, not as a window for fans to get information about the new movie. I'll not believe a thing from him from now on.

I remember when Prime pics leaked from the 1st film, and all the tightwads at Don Murphy's site swore up-and-down that the pics were TOTALLY not accurate, that they were earliest of earliest designs... Turns out those WERE the finalize designs.

Nothing is absolute until you die... and even then, I'm sure God negotiates.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    :lolol 

9. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Anothe piece of concept art, another multi page morass of people who refuse to recognise the movie was a success, so of course they're not going to change to much in terms of art aethetic.

Not liking doesnt make them irrational. Not liking it because 'IT DOESNT LOOK LIEK G1 SOUNDWAVE! HE SHOULD BE BLUE, HAVE A VISOR, AND TF into a TAPE DECK! DAMN YOU BAY! TRUKK NOT MONKEY!' makes you irrational and a geewunner.

Eh, I thought Soundwave looked cool myself. Ravage...I think I'd like him sleeker. More hunting cat then thick bodied bruiser. But then, jaguars ARE fairly thick bodied when you come to cats so they may be on to something.

10. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ravge look like a zombie eww ugly design.

11. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Ravage is so awesome.

Soundwave is so... good? Yeah.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Only problem with that theory is they have made it pretty darn clear that the movies are not for us but for Joe Average. Since films like Epic Movie, Disaster Movie and that lot manage to make money then it's also clear that Joe Average will watch anything Hollywood rolls out as long as you have the right ad bombardment behind it.

The look, the story, the fans, heck none of that really matters to them only the money to be made.

13. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Put him on the wait and see list. The first impressions are not the best here.

14. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

According to whom? You? How that sounds very authoritative. By your logic Prime's face should have looked like a mealworm, because you don't have to respect G1 in any way. No one's asking for exact CGI replicas of the 1984 toys, just the basic cues, such as a visor and faceplate, which Prime and Jazz had.

I'm hating this place more and more everyday. Fuck opinions, you're either liking it even if it has vagina for a face and three arms or you're a GEEWUNNER and you should be mocked for your opinions until you give in and say COOL & AWESOME. And we're the ones being called irrational.

15. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    If I had to guess, it seems to be a mix of legit and false info..

Ravage and the satellite seem legit.. Soundwave and truck mode, less so.

It's entirely possible it's an earlier design, but I really can't see Soundwave being the only character with "real" hands.

It's nice to see more "solid" approaches taken with the new bots, but I'm not buying the hands with all the typos, etc in the piece.

The title is awkward as well, makes it sound like "Satellite/Soundwave and Ravage/Truck" which isn't true obviously.

If it was part of the misinformation campaign, I'd say they'd do it this way, mix some truth with some false/fake to ease fans into things. Remember the early Megatron face pics, fan reaction had some small part in last minute edits.

16. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Yeah, does anyone remember how this concept was "only a very early sketch" and "one of hundreds of designs done by the art department" and that it was still "a long way from being final"

Funny, I remember seeing this exact design (save for a different head) on the big screen in 2007, even if it only was for a few seconds at the end of the movie.

[​IMG]

17. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

[​IMG]

18. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

no, not at all. Sure people would like for them to pay g1 homages with head designs, voices, personalities, and alt modes and if they do then thats great, but if they dont its no big deal...some people seem to think that if they dont pay these hommages that it is a HUGE deal. The thing is that they DO want them to be g1 replicas..did you read this thread? i did, "oh those orbs shouldnt be on his chest, they should be on his hips replicating his play and stop buttons, and then there should be a huge rectangle for his chest", "hes not tall enough, his chest should stick out like primes", "omg hes not blue", "whers his visor and mouth piece", "soundwave cant be a truck, he was a tapedeck", "omg thats not soundwave!!!!!" lol what do they mean thats not soundwave? its because he doesnt look like he did 25 years ago....please, save your self the fanboyism embarassment. When someone who wants everything to be as g1 as possible and when something happens to not be g1 at all, people bitch and moan, those people are then labled as "geewunners". Also, no, thats not according to me, thats according to the entire transformer fandom....

lol, you mad? you think a vagina for a face and 3 arms is not transformer enough because you're a geewunner, you want them to have chisled cheek bones, nice smiles, and a body like a human and if they dont then they must not know what they are doing....g1 isnt the only branch of transformers, and it isnt the only branch that matters either. The movieverse is a new branch, able to do whatever they want, how they want, and if you dont like it dont come here, i mean wtf, i didnt like the lord of the rings so i avoid it, you dont see me going to LOTR forums and express how much they fucked up the movie because it wasnt close enough to the source material. you dont like it, cool, no one cares, move on

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Actually, there is no problem with the theory... Since it was fan outcry that made Bay rework Megatron's head, and make subtle changes to a few things. I know they aren't making this movie for the 35yr old living in his momma's basement. Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, etc make so much money because they focus ads on the demographic that has the most disposable income: teenagers without responsibilities. If you see the people coming out of the theater, it's ALL kids. A well crafted story can make even more money than ANY smut-comedy. Look at any Pixar film. Dark Knight. Iron Man.

My point exactly. Remember also the pick of Prime with the black bar across the eyes? One pic had the mouth, and fans were in an uproar. Don Murphy's toadies were quick to jump in. "Oh, that's just early image! Prime will have his faceplate! Don't worry, you'll love the movie, blah blah yadda yadda!" Movie came out... Prime had his faceplate on for two or three scenes.

All things considered, basing Soundwave on the same over-all design as Barricade makes perfect sense, since barricade was the best looking of all the Decepticons.

Ravage looks fine, and fits the previously established mold of Transformer symbiotes in the movies. Scorpinok and Frenzy both were pokey weird-looking freaks.

Besides, everyone knows, none of this will matter next year, since everyone will be too busy watching Harry Potter to worry about TF2. :stick: 

Oh, and this is for me this weekend... :bday :

20. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. They took Soundwave out of the first movie because they wanted to do him right, only to place the Soundwave name on a random Bayformer design? What was the whole point of taking him out of the first movie then?

You'd think he'd at least have some recognizable elements of the original character for all of the hoopla that was caused. Him being blue and getting the face closer to Soundwave is the least they could do.

And they did change Megatron due to negative backlash.