Revenge of the Fallen Leader Optimus Prime and Jetfire Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, May 22, 2009.

1. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    to those who says he sucks; IM GETTING LONG HAUL WEATHER YOU LIKES IT OR NOT!!
    and these guys as well!

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the shoulder blades-can they be pulled from his shoulders to his chest, to make more of a backback strap thing? (not movie accurate, but i dont care!)

3. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Wow, hate to say it, but despite another excellent review from Peaugh, this is a pass. Looks like all I'll be getting this time around is Prime and maybe Starscream.

4. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

How about the G1 voice clip of Prime going "ooooooohhhhhhh"? :tongue: 

5. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

i think it looks kick ass. the only dissapointing part is the legs. they dont look like they can pose very well. hes right though, i will probably like it better when i have it in hand and i can fiddle with him. cant wait 4 these figures :thumbs2: 

6. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    First Devs, and now this, how dissapointing... it could have been the best figure for this line... I am os sad it looks os bad.

I will get the figures but for individual display only.

7. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Are videos still up?

EDIT: SOrry Youtube is down.

8. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

The combining gimmick seems so heavily marketed in this movie, yet not represented worth a damn toy wise. First a combining 100 dollar toy that won't have robot modes for its components, and now Power up Primet has basically lost all leg movement. Which in my book counts a lot because I like to posse my figures. If the Arcee bots do end up combinig, and the end result is total garbage, that'll be the nail in coffin for how they executed the gimmiclk for this movie line. How anti climactic for two very awesome toys.

I like both but this mode is a fail. Ill also wait to see if Jetfire gets a premium version before purchasing him if I can stand the wait. The alt mode is very impressive in size.

I also want to comment that I appreciate all the great reviews you do Peaugh. They are top tier. Please do not listen to mentally challenged trolls.

9. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks ok. I like both figures.
    The fact that they combine is a just a nice extra but not a mandatory point as to whether I'll purchase them or not.
    Again nice review Peaugh.

10. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

That is messed up.

11. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    QFT.

anyway.. looks pretty cool, im sure it looks better in person. I do plan on getting Jetfire and Prime. That SR-71 mode looks awesome! thanks for the review Peaugh.

12. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I'm sold. I was sold on prime before, but didn't realize how big JF was, and how cool this will be..

13. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I somewhat have to agree with you. While I do appreciate the reviews being done early on lots of figures so that I can plan when and where to spend my money, it seems sorta asinine to purchase the figures a month or 2 ahead of time for an exorbitant amount of money. Only my opinion though, we all have things we spend our money on, hell i bought a $400 Victory Saber gift set heh.

Good early review of the figures though. I'll def be picking up Prime and Jetfire though the combo still leaves something to be desired. However I like this reviewer much more, noone ever seems to post his vids. He doesn't do early reviews but he is a collector of everything from current lines to G1 and he just has a really awesome aura about him.

his youtube handle is ilovemess check him out HERE

14. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude thats awesome, thanks

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, combined mode pretty much kills the leg articulation. There IS a little bit of movement possible, but not much. Although moving the legs too much would likely cause him to topple, so it's not a huge issue.

Yeah, there are a few ratchets and swivels that the engines sit on. You can raise them higher and flip them over if you want.

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Sorry, I'm not out to vex anyone. For the record though, my family and life always come first. I'm very lucky in that I have a wife who doesn't mind my hobby, and a daughter who is growing up to love the toys herself. I'm glad I'm able to have all that. I know it seems like I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on the toys, but to be fair, you're only seeing the TF collector side of me online. All my toys are purchased with my own money, AFTER all of our bills and such are paid each month. And yeah, they're partly subsidized by YouTube profits, but I'm not in any danger of my personal life being wrecked because I like collecting toys. It's not even a "delicate balance." I shoot my videos I post them, I do my best to answer any questions, but then I go spend time with my family or do something else. Simple as that. Transformers aren't anywhere near the top of my priority list, but I'm glad I'm able to find the time to enjoy them while still taking care of the stuff that truly does matter.

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    What about the legs!!

18. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Hey, Peaugh... you see Anti-Spark's avatar? Can you get the combined mode to look a bit like that?

19. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Peaugh, you are awesome.

I have waited soooo long for this review, thanks.

This seals it...I will also be getting Jetfire, though the combo could have been executed in a more graceful manner.

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't like this PeaugH feller, either, lol. but it's only out of respectful envy and jealousy that he snags the stuff so early.

hell, i hate about 80 percent of the A$$es in the collection images thread, for the same reasons. 4 Brave Maximuses?????

anyway, i like how neat and tidy the back of this combined mode looks. My only question for Peaugh is this:

with all that kibble on JF and OP, just how tricky is it to clip JF onto Prime's back?
    I saw you do it, but i am worried it may frustrate me too much.

Anyway, thanks for the review and thanks for not letting the trolls ruin your fun. Peace!