Revenge of the Fallen. Anyone like it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by urrutiap, May 21, 2020.

1. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    I mean, it's shitty, but I love it.

2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I like how nearly a forth of the film was focused on running towards Optimus' corpse to deliver the Matrix.

3. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

In my opinion it is my least favorite out of the Bayverse movies but I remember when I was younger I would watch all the action scenes on repeat. Is it a good movie? No it's terribly written and most of the jokes don't land due to being racist or weird. But you have to give it credit, for a movie that was written in the midst of a writers strike it turned out ok. The action is great and I love the sheer amount of Transformers included in the film and I really think RotF helped nail down the Bayverse aesthetic.

4. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

I watched this movie for the first time on an old boombox with a built in screen

5. Shiny Megatron

Shiny Megatron (Billy)

Revenge of the fallen is my comfort movie. It's pretty bad but meh... I get into Transformers with this movie. When I'm in a bad mood I just watch this movie :')

(btw, am I the only one who's triggered by the louse-like head of the Fallen? Jeez I hate lice.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this movie would’ve been better if starscream was the villain instead of the fallen

• Like Like x 1
  7. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

probably had some of the most memorable bayverse battles but the story is god awful and forgettable

8. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh man, I loved this movie.

I mean, yeah, the plot was about as well put together as a shelf with scotch tape, but it had some really cool moments. When it was dull, it was dull. But when it was vibrant, it was really vibrant. The action scenes alone always get me excited. While Dark of the Moon will always be my favorite, Revenge probably comes in at a close second, with 2007 not far behind. The amount of Transformers in the movie is amazing (its actually almost overwhelming). I actually thought The Fallen was a pretty cool villain, and I loved the fact that he was Megatron's master a la The Emperor and Darth Vader (I was obsessed with Star Wars at the time and still am. Unrelated, I also saw this parallel in Lord Cutler Beckett and Davy Jones.)
    I remember I used to pause the movie every so often and get really close to the TV to try to see Jolt's "movie" head. It was awesome. Also, the toyline was to die for. I still have ROTF Leader Optimus, Megatron and Jetfire, and they're still a lot of fun.

In defense of the DOTM toyline (bc its gotten some criticism on this thread lol), some of the figures like Deluxe Barricade, Leader Sentinel, Deluxe Bumblebee, Voyager Shockwave and Deluxe Wheeljack hold up pretty well today (especially Bumblebee, Barricade, and Sentinel, IMO). Yeah, Optimus wasn't as good as the ROTF Leader (though there was the Takara DA-03 Optimus which was pretty cool; man, I'd love to own that guy someday), but a lot of the figures were pretty solid. I remember the hype for DOTM being about as big as ROTF where I was.

I'd say the original Bay Trilogy is leagues ahead of the newer ones (AOE and TLK) just in the creativity of the designs (and the fact that they look like they turn into cars, instead of just being knights with wheels) alone. Not to mention that Michael Bay was basically bribed to make AOE because Paramount realized that TMNT and Star Trek weren't making as much money in the box office as they wanted them to.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    I liked it despite all of the terrible things in the film such as the plot, the humor, and a lot of the human characters. But the action scenes were great and the CGI was amazing. That forest fight is still so awesome to watch. ROTF is entertaining at least