Revenge of the Fallen. Anyone like it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by urrutiap, May 21, 2020.

1. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I can't stand the movie. But then again, its not as bad as AOE and TLK...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

It needed a few more revisions, and some characters needed to be pruned, but overall, it's a diamond in the rough. It's got some real low spots, but some of its high spots are damned high: the forest battle alone is just awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loved it, watched it again over the last couple of days whilst in my gym, coincidentally..

Robot designs looked great.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I remember enjoying it a lot more the second time I saw it. I think I was a bit shocked by the crude scenes the first time. The second time, since I was aware of them, they didn't have as negative of an affect on me and I was able to enjoy the good parts more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper And awaaaaaay we go!

News Credits:
    I mean its always been one of those films that have the right balance between Good and Bad (well not bad just Very Corny.) for me because on one hand you have some of the best fights in the films but at the same time characters feel underutilized.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

While I despise ROTF and the rest of the bayverse, some of the figures that came out were actually pretty good. I still have a Voyager ROTF Movie Optimus, Bayverse Jazz, and Bayverse Arcee on a shelf in my basement-but I like the 3rd-party ones better. While I like some of the Bay designs, overall, I like the BB designs better, and I'll even add Binaltech , Armada, TF Cybertron, BW, and Alternators, too, as my favorite designs. I'll even say I wish the 1980s G1 figures were like the 3rd-party MPs and others that have come to pass for the past several years.

7. Minibots

Minibots The New Order.

The first film and ROTF were the reason I got into Transformers. I watched both of them in the summer of 2009. I don't think ROTF is bad as people say but it's not great either. I enjoyed the movie for what it was. In fact, I'm fine with the first three movies and I think they're somewhat competent but I simply can't stand AOE or TLK. The toyline for ROTF was incredible. I also loved the soundtrack and Megatron's design in that movie. Megatron's design was a huge improvement over the one in 2007. The fight in the forest was awesome. The film definitely has some major flaws though. I'm still not a fan of some of the designs, the sexual and dirty jokes, and how convoluted the story was but I enjoyed it nevertheless. It actually felt like a sequel to the previous film unlike TLK. I'll always remember seeing Devastator combine for the first time. I had no idea what the hell was going on.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek yourself before you check yourself! Veteran

Despite the writing issues, geographical continuity issues, and arguably having too many robots and humans, I never thought RotF was a decline in quality from the 2007 movie.

On the contrary, I thought it was the beginning of an improvement streak. I thought RotF was actually an overall improvement over the 2007 movie, and DotM was an overall improvement over RotF, and AoE was an overall improvement over DotM.

For instance, I never thought the story was dumber than the 2007 movie; it's actually more logical than the 2007 movie. Yeah, the Allspark's knowledge getting imprinted on Sam's mind isn't realistic, but it does follow in-universe logic, and it's better than the stupid glasses getting imprinted with the coordinates for the Allspark...and it's much MORE realistic than a Cube the size of a house shrinking to the size of a box able to get carried by Sam or Frenzy gaining a new, fully functional body out of nothing.

Each individual movie does some things better than the others and some things worse than the others. There wasn't this imaginary point in the movies' run where everything was suddenly much worse. Not RotF. Not DotM. Not AoE. Not even TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despite all its flaws, I'd say it's the most fun film in the franchise.
    Creative designs? Check
    Badass action sequences? Check
    Feels like an epic that covers various settings? Check.
    Formally introduces major themes that would eventually play big roles in the franchise? Check.
    Ancient Egypt? Check.

That said though, despite their flaws each movie has a unique identity.
    2007 had the magic.
    Rotf had the adventure.
    DotM had the "it all comes down to this" vibe, and it was the most G1 influenced film of the series.
    AoE opened up the film universe to something bigger and different.
    TLK had the "its so bad not even the fans liked it" Da Vanci Code on crack vibe.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

Well there was a writers strike going on at the time during filming/process of Revenge of the Fallen. But that didnt stop Micheal Bay which was a good thing

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s a really stupid movie. But it’s fun. And it looks good. And everything blows up. And I cut it some slack because of the writer’s strike. It’s a totally forgettable popcorn movie & that’s ok.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AMG

AMG Old School

Sure it's a mess, but it's a fun mess to watch. I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its my second favourite live action transformers movie ( only Bumblebee is prefered)