Reveal the Shield Turbo Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Red leader, Oct 9, 2010.

1. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got the United Tracks & what can I say, it can almost pass off as an Alternity.

The cool metal finish just ooze sexiness lol

[​IMG]

2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got this fig some time ago but finally able to open yesterday. Feet a bit loose but still able to stand and hold some nice poses. Doesn't look all that stubby to me. To each their own I guess. Flight mode is kinda lame but meh I don't care one way or the other about flight mode. Overall nice figure. Can't wait for Wheeljack though.

3. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    I ended up liking Tracks a lot more then I expected. His vehicle mode looks great, I love the muscle car with the dark blue paint and flame decals. Unlike most transfans I actually enjoy the toned-down contemporary look of the flames, as opposed to the bold and rather toony looking phoenix the original had. No reprolabels needed here.

The transfomation is refreshingly original. It wasn't so complicated that I couldn't figure it out on my own, but there is enough going on to keep me interested. The bot mode looks great. So many little details to fill in the spaces. He doesn't have that 'unfinished' look Jazz does, that's for certain. Mine does seem to suffer from loose joints, though. While he can strike some really nice poses, he can b a pain to do so because different parts keep slipping out of place.

My figure has a few oddities to it, though. There's a portion of a fingerprint embedded in the mold (someone must've picked it up before it had enough time to set or something) and his nose is mostly white. I wouldn't mind if it were all white as it would've blended with the helmet but it's clearly just unpainted. The nose is easy enough to fix, and the fingerprint doesn't stand out so much that it's a major problem. Such is the downside to ordering online instead of waiting for my local stores to not stock them.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    United Tracks is a thing of beauty. Words or pictures can not explain how nice this figure looks in person.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Finally got Jazz and Tracks from BBTS (oh yeah, they came with Fallback and Hailstorm... only the 4-pack was available).

So far, Jazz is a little more fun, since my Tracks has some issues fitting together properly in alt mode, but I may get the hang of it in the long run. Pretty amusing that while Jazz is smaller in alt mode, he's easily bigger in bot mode.

Anyway, I like Tracks a lot. Mine has loose toe ball joints, but meh, no big deal. Oh yes, I'll buy the mold again for Wheeljack.

6. jametron

jametron Take a good plane and shave off all the edges…

News Credits:
    If I may offer some advice, it's ALL about making sure his arms fit perfectly under the trunk area... It took me a few times to realize that they actually snap into the inside of the trunk before you close it up. Naturally, and quite unsurprisingly, the instructions do not clarify this at all. Anywho, once you get that to happen (and you get the "wing" panels snapped in correctly) he is quite solid and linear in alt. mode and not at all falling apart like most promo pics showed!

7. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If all "classics" are like RTS Tracks, I'll be very upset with myself for never collecting them. Great figure. I'd say his only flaw is that his foot design is out-of-place but does not distract from the overall figure.

8. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ^This. Hell, 1/4 of the instructions is how to do the flight mode!

9. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I'm lucky I saw the slots and pegs on his arms and saw you needed to close the trunk in a special way.... I can image it you don't have it lined up it might cause problems... It's another area where poor instructions cause issues just like Jazz's chest (which does fully peg down but the instructions are so hopeless you hard press to understand it at first).

I see a lot of people don't extend Tracks legs either so that could have been clearer too.

It also seems that if the missiles are not stored in the exactly correct way in car mode they don't store well either.

10. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't tried to put Tracks into flight mode yet....but I want to do the fan version not the "official" version. But I have never seen it and can't find it.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not really any more difficult. Just pull the arms out and tuck them in where the doors used to be.

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Go watch Vangelus' review on Tracks. He shows you exactly how to put Tracks in the fan flight mode.

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've worked out my problem with tracks, it's his gun and wings, they're far too small and even those on the G1version are larger. I might have to look into getting another set of G1 Tracks Weapons so I don't screw my reissue tracks out of his stuff.

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    My only real problem with Tracks is his really wide shoulders in robot mode. They'd work for Wheeljack, but Tracks' proportions look much slimmer, with the shape of his shins helping to mentally factor out the hood portions on the backs of his legs.

So I got to work...

Now he's definitely one of my faves.

15. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Pic request or link to pics of United Tracks in bot mode? Esp. his head. Thanks!

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    It's the same, but with blue-painted eyes.

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For anybody who bought United Tracks because it is so unbearably awesome but has yet to encounter TakTom shiny paint: Get yourself some Future floor polish and give it a quick coat with a Q-tip. That paint can scratch pretty easily. But Future is like $10 for a bottle that you couldn't possibly use up in a life time, and it actually looks even shiner with deeper saturation when you're done.

As for Tracks: He's perfect. HasTak can be hit-or-miss with their "not a real car" designs. Tracks is a hit for sure. I thought I might be bothered by the wide robot mode. But no. It's Tracks.

Makes me wish they'd bring back Alternators. They've learned so much since then with current Deluxes blowing the doors off of those old designs. Alternators Tracks can't hold a candle to this new guy. Just give me something as good as Human Alliance but with the G1 aesthetic...

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was having trouble with this until I realized the white mounting panels for the doors can rotate upwards after you pull them out. I thought only the doors themselves rotated up. The wings were getting in the way of both the backpack and the arms. With the white sliding panels rotated up, the backpack easily clears the doors, flattens right up to his back, and snaps into place. The arms also become clear of the doors.

19. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    So basically get the United version than the Hasbro version. I'm still getting the Hasbro version..yeah it'll be a pain in the ass, but its cheap.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Anybody know how to tighten rivets? Mine's right wing (the white bit) just hangs down and won't stick in place when rotated.