Returning Characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SimbaTron, Dec 21, 2016.

1. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    One of the TLK set visit report on tfwiki says that:

"Decepticons have been captured alive and have been put into a Maximum-security prison".

"The bodies of the slain Transformers over the many battles from the previous adventuress have wound up in a massive junkyard... though not all of those robots were completely dead".

"This is where we find Cade still trying to help the Autobots, by locating the barely-survivors among the mountains for scrap and gathering the parts to repair them".

"We also meet Izabella an orphan of the Chicago attack from dark of the moon who similarly tries to repair the bots, including the tiny, broken, yet-unable-to-transform squeeks".

Does this mean sideswipe,Dino and other Autobots even Decepticons like starscream can return?

My theory is that some of them do return but only to get killed or we will probably see some of them dead laying on the floor.

Cade is trying to repair some bots but with this picture i'm confused because why would Cade be repairing Decepticons too assuming this is his workshop at the junkyard ?

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? and what are your theories?

Attached Files:

2. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

That's probably just a prop in an effects workshop, and I doubt anyone we don't already know is returning will make a comeback, though we have gotten cameos before. (Barricade, Leadfoot, Brains, etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There will be a few surprises for sure I'm sure of it. Can expect to have a few surprise cameos ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  4. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I expect some surprise but I don't think Starscream and Rachet are coming back any time soon, they got their head exploded and/or melted

• Like Like x 2
  5. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Who can they 'bring back'? Let's check:

The original Junkheap, if he's still around
    Skids/Mudflap
    Jolt
    Sideswipe
    Roadbuster and/or Topspin
    any surviving Genericon
    any surviving Constructicon
    Wheelie

So there are options galore

6. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope for a Crowbar, Jolt, Sideswipe, Dino or Shockwave even though he, like Roadbuster was the base for some KSI drones

7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i took 'junkheap's' existence in aoe as a soft confirmation that the 'nameless garbage truck decepticon' from dotm was killed, either in the battle of chicago or by cemetery wind

loader was shown as kia in attinger's cards

skids & mudflap i consider dead since they did in fact appear in dotm (one of the many unforgivable editing mistakes of that film) & were not present during the xanthium exile scene so we can deduce they were killed off screen by sentinel prime right after ironhide

still gonna go with jolt being killed off by shockwave in-between 2 & 3 (he just doesn't seem important enough to bring back)

^same for chromia

i took leadfoot's death as the symbolic death of the wreckers & some of the ksi-bots resembled the wreckers

'mirage' or whatever that robot was is as good as gone (most of the ksi-bots arguably resembled him the most)

^on the other hand, stinger was a 'bumblebee' ksibot & bee survived & they would have made an optimus prime ksi-bot had megatron not interfered so there's no direct evidence suggesting that only dead transformers were replicated...

wheelie would be a nice return as i enjoyed his character...his death was implied but so was brains...but brains at least had use for the humans keeping him alive, wheelie is just a little wise-ass..although he can read cybertronian (although one would assume brains could as well)

wheelie seems most likely only because of that shot of him during production of tf5

there are implications that sideswipe was indeed one of the victims of cemetery wind but it would be nice to get confirmation of sideswipe's whereabouts because, damn, he was good!

there have been surprising cameos in all of the sequels so there is hope, & i hope, we do indeed get at least a cameo of a character whose fate is ambiguous:

2-scorponock
    3-barricade* (more of an extended cameo)
    4-leadfoot & brains* (extended)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It'd be a dick move if they have Sideswipe or Dino come back only as a cameo, or to be killed off in TF5 somehow

• Like Like x 1
  9. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And didn't Shocwave technically never die? Optimus only ripped out his optic and vocal cords/throat. He didn't extinguish his spark. Shockwave could very well be one of the Transformers in the junkyard that was not completely dead

10. BarricadeLives

i felt his death was rather apparent at the hands of optimus (with a big assist to the humans & wreckers) as well as the presence of 'two-heads' in aoe as confirmation of shockwave's death...you never know with this series since it looks like there's a shockwave/two-heads type 'decepticon' in the teaser

shockwave also appears as kia on attinger's cards (but then again they also had ironhide dying in chicago, so..)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Wasn't there snapchats and footage of them filming Wheelie's vehicle mode? I'm pretty sure he'll make a comeback, which would make sense given brains survived.

The whole decepticon prison thing is what interests me the most. The movie decepticons are some of the most lethal movie villains ever. How in the world we were able to build a prison large enough and secure enough is ridiculous even in concept. However I do believe this is where we're first gonna meet Barricade, onslaught and the like. I feel like Megatron is gonna be the one to help bust them out too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    On the Autobit side I would like to see Dino, Swipe return.
    On the Decepticon side... (so many)The Fallen, Soundwave, Mixmaster, LongHaul and Scrapper.

13. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't see The Fallen as returning, Optimus stabbed him in his chest, I'd assume he destroyed his spark, but who knows really.

14. no fate

no fate Seize the thrown...

How will they explain Squeaks as a survivor of the Battle of Chicago? We know of all the Autobots present, unless he is a Con who defected.

• Like Like x 1
  15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Unless he's just an TF that was on earth for a while and jsut happened to be in Chicago at the wrong time, of course we will see, if they explain it

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Behold the dead bodies of Sideswipe, The Wreckers and Dino.

17. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might have missed something but where was it said that Squeaks was a survivor of the Chicago battle? It was said that Isabela lost her parents in the Chicago battle and that she's "been with Squeaks since." But I don't recall reading that she and Squeaks met in Chicago? Being with him since the battle is different than he was at the battle.

• Like Like x 1
  18. no fate

no fate Seize the thrown...

I must have misread somewhere.

19. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Actually, you did not misread. Sqweeks is a survivor of the Battle of Chicago who was heavily damaged and can no longer transform.

I think it is simply likely that the humans do not have a full of picture of how many Transformers are actually on Earth, especially smaller Transformers like Sqweeks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BarricadeLives

is that so much to ask?!

i dont think we'll ever get that luxury if we are to assume they were captured/killed & melted down for their transformium