Retro Game Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by damian_1349, Apr 4, 2012.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Thats a sweet deal!

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

There was a seller on ebay selling Duo-R's for a respectable price for the longest time. He'd offer up a couple at a time, always in nice condition. I just never bit the bullet early on and as game prices rose, especially the TG-16/PC Engine ones, just let it slide. But yeah, $199 USD for a modern version is a fucking steal, especially one that can play everything. Very interested.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  3. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I love that it looks like the first Duo. Always wanted the dark Grey one, but people say the Duo-R was better and I found that only in white.

I think there's also ever drive for the PC engine. I think that might come in handy for fan translations.

4. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I want the new Analogue machine, I just can't find any of the games...

(I ended up getting the Turbografx mini, and that's pretty awesome.)

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Starting with the Nt Mini, every Analogue console has had an unofficial "jailbreak" firmware to play games from an SD card. The TG16 and PC Engine CDs also don't have any kind of DRM on them. So, while I fully support getting games legitimately, getting them by other means shouldn't be difficult, even without an Everdrive.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yup. that thing is bought. i held out on the mini and an everdrive thinking it might be next on their agenda and im glad i waited. I get what I want and no money wasted.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm kinda considering getting a Raspberry Pi device. So many old Arcade games i'd love to play. One i am looking at is $190. 9,700+ games. Atari, Nintendo systems (up to some N64 and tons of GBA games), Sega, etc. Need to find the right one first.

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Just do it yourself instead of paying a scumbag to just put it inside a box and flash an SD card, it's not hard and there are endless tutorials about it on the internet.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    What games would you suggest are must haves for pc engine, that were not included with the mini?

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Of the top of my head - Gate of Thunder, Devil Crush, Sapphire, Magical Chase

11. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm no PC Eengine expert, but "Devil Crush" and "Legendary Axe" come to mind off the bat.

12. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yup get the new pi. i think they are on 4 b or something and it supports atomiswave, dc, and naomi. will set you back a little over 100 with a sd card then just dl the image yourself to save some $$.

not sure what was on the tg mini but I have a small tg collection and have no shame about jailbreaking and dl'ing the remainder of the library. there is so much goodness that has been sitting there unnoticed for years.

besides konami doing the mini its not like they have given 2 shits about the license until the nostalgia kick happened. I will feel no guilt on this one, gimme my duo analogue! :D 

edit: tho with the duo having a physical cd tray, I wonder if the possibility for a mega sg cd could be in the future. I still have my cd 2.0 but would love if analogue produced a new cd add on for the mega sc that was as small and compact as the system.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The ones i look at are device, preloaded card, wireless controllers, etc,

14. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yeah, finally today took the time and finished lightning returns and made it platin. Usually I don't care for trophies, but I did so much stuff in that game from 2016-2017 I thought I might as well make it 100% when I'm finally finishing it. Now it's only 5.5 hours until I have to get up... Being an adult sucks. At least I'm not married with children. That'd be an even more stressful combination I suppose ^^;

Now I have to decide if I'm playing something other old from my backlog or if I continue horizon zero dawn which I'm dying to continue. Well probably I should play the latter ^^

• Like Like x 1
  15. flamepanther

Everything listed here, plus:

Bonk 3
    Coryoon
    Ai Chou Aniki
    Fantastic Night Dreams: Cotton
    Fausette Amour

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I was honestly shocked to find it. Deals like that aren't as common as they used to be, now that people are realizing their old consoles are worth something. It's kinda dirty, and a little beat up, but everything runs fine. The console itself is missing one of the auxillary port covers, but is otherwise complete.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I'm kinda looking for a cheap ps vita right now. I bought one of those memory cards that you can put a SD card into that work with certain versions of the vita OS. Just to maybe play crisis core finally. Or maybe I setup the ppsspp emulator on my snes classic. But thematically it wouldn't fit. I'd like to keep it in the same era. Like 16 bit consoles on my snes classic and 8 bit consoles on my nes classic. My mega drive mini only has mega drive, mega CD and mega drive 32x games on it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. flamepanther

My TG16/PC Engine library is currently pretty small, so I'm trying to get ahead of the inevitable wave of people trying to start libraries for the Analogue Duo. Unfortunately, Japan Post has gone back and forth on whether they'll ship to the US, so some of my orders have been cancelled :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I had the same idea yesterday. Better get the games begore the console hits

• Like Like x 1
  20. flamepanther

Yeah, I assume there are plenty of others doing this right now... But I figure a lot of people aren't sure they'll actually be able to preorder and will wait until then, so that'll be another bump. I'm expecting another bump after that once people have the system in hand. Each pay period until that happens, I'm gonna go after a handful of the lower-priced games and one $100-150 game. I already have a PC Engine Duo-R, so I don't need to worry about not being able to play the games if I miss the preorders.

This week's big one for me is Winds of Thunder (JP version of Lords of Thunder). Thankfully that one hasn't been cancelled so far.

Good luck! :D