Respect in these forums.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheYearIs2005, Jul 12, 2014.

1. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Are you saying that we are at war with each other in the same way? Never thought of it that way.

I just feel that we are all here for the same reason.We love Transformers. The fact that people get so passionate about the movies is that they care about how their Transformers are portrayed on screen, or received by others discovering them for the first time. At the end of the day, if the movies had not have popular, we would probably not be here discussing it and the future of Transformers would not be nearly so bright.

I may not be the movies biggest fan, but without them, where would we be?

2. JayEm

JayEm オートボットさん

Well, responding in a more positive light, like the way I suggested, would solve many of the quarreling problems. Just a thought.

You know, unless you just like to get a rise out of people (not you specifically btw)...

3. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Bayhater "There is only one way you can survive this! Tell me where he is....where is Michael Bay?"

Bayfan ".....never"

-Bayhater rips bayfan's heart out-

Bayhater "never is here"

Haha sorry I couldn't resist.

4. Shrapbackshell

Shrapbackshell Well-Known Member

:bay  :rock 

5. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I'm actually amazed by the amount of swearing and back-and-forth bickering on the movie section of the forum. Maybe I simply don't pay attention but I don't seem to see this kind of animosity elsewhere on these boards.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps part of it is frustration. As long as people are buying tickets for the movies as they are now then there will never be any serious change. A feeling that we never see any change in the films so the film they want will never happen as long as other people are contributing to the lack of change.

Perhaps part of it is that Transformers fans are the only people that will give a damn. The executives at Paramount aren't concerned if people are happy or not. Michael Bay doesn't seem to care about what we think. The writer doesn't seem to care. No one on the production team seems to be bummed in the least little bit if someone didn't like the movie. Only Transformers fans will have a reaction to if you liked the film or not.

The big problem and why the comic book comparison doesn't work is because the movies can't be ignored and if they aren't your thing they are monkey wrench in what you might enjoy. You can't find any toys on the store shelves that aren't movie related because the movie toys have the shelf space tied up at retailers. You can't go watch an episode of the new cartoon because the new cartoon had to be put on hold for the movie. With all the ads it's impossible to enjoy other forms of entertainment without being brow beaten with ads for the Transformers film while comic books almost never run ads.

7. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

Wasn't the point of the tread to avoid... this?

8. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think you're forgetting that there are a lot of people out there who actually enjoyed the movie.

maybe this is one of the problems in here.. it's getting redundant in this thread.. but.. just because you don't like something and thinks there needs to be major changes doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way.

oh well. i'm glad i enjoyed the movie.

also.. i think there's a lot of hypocrisy going on.. from me included.

9. Sentinel Prime

Sentinel Prime Traitor to the cause

Generally these boards around new movie times heat up and that's when you get folks who debate, bicker, feud, argue and flat out fight about the franchise. We're (most of us) grown adults getting our dander up over a toyline. That we grew up with.

The irony is not lost on me. And no, I'm not slamming anybody or trying to stir the pot. I'm just as guilty as anyone else.

SP4H

10. Ash from Carolina

Yes but I think we also need to understand it. Part of the problem seems to be that people on the far love it side and far hate it side just can't seem to understand each other. When the other side seems to be totally alien to you then it's hard to have empathy for those people and I do see a massive lack of empathy in the movie forms.

11. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In retrospect that was the worst rage frenzy I have ever been in
    :confused2 

12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    But he didn't disrespect or insult anyone?

13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    This is ridiculous, honestly. People can still enjoy what they want to enjoy. There are multiple lines of Transformers at my stores, and other cartoons are still on the air. Comics are still running, and the world is still spinning.

Even then, the movies are summer fodder. The times when reruns and new shows are being worked on. So... this entire point doesn't really fly anyway. You'd still see the same reruns, the same toys, the same merchandise in the interim, but the movies are an addition. Not a replacement.

I'm a Transformers fan. I give a damn... about the movies. I enjoy them and will continue supporting them. If this addition (because it's not a replacement) is a problem for you, just consider it a filler, because it's not changing any time soon.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Alright Ash... I have a job for you:

Go back and re-read this post- objectively.

See what you can spot what's wrong with its sentiments.

15. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Yours, General Cartman E. Lee

Ebay:
    Sadly, it has been this way since Cain slew Abel (in other words, since the beginning of time...)

16. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Or, as I jokingly put it- Cain dis-Abled his brother.

But it's the truth: we keep expecting more from our society than it is willing or able to give. Any sense or civility, justice, or propreity is based soley on our perceptions alone, and for some reason expect everyone else to live up to it.

And at some point, you would think the idealogues would realize it. But if they did, then I suppose they would no longer be idealogues.

17. Ash from Carolina

I don't have to agree with it, but I thought I would explore some ideas as to why people might be in a certain behavioral pattern. People often say I don't see how the other side could think so and so and when people explore ideas of what might be driving it then people get upset. Either we want to explore why people might be behaving like they are or we should just stop asking why they might be acting that way.

18. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Well, it doesn't help that you see the Movies as some sort of replacement instead of addition, for one. Or saying "Only Transformers fans care" for another when movie fans are also Transformers fans.

It's not exactly insulting, but it is negative, even if that wasn't your intention.

If the movies actually stood in the way of other shows and media during their primetime, and replaced toys completely, I'd agree with your points, even though I am a movie fan myself.

I mean, it's like seasons of Transformers that I wasn't fond off as a kid, I just avoided or ignored them and occupied my time with something else until they passed. And that's when there wasn't a filler or an addition between shows and we were stuck with one current set of toys instead of Kre-O, Constructobots, Movie toys, the current airing cartoon, Universe, etc. etc. etc.

19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Soooo, didn't read the whole thread but I'm assuming it went something like this.

Movie Disliker: I dislike the movies for various reasons. :::insert random hyperbole comment as an example::: I wish movie likers would respect my opinion more.

Movie Liker: I like the movies for various reasons. :::insert random hyperbole comment as an example::: I wish movie dislikers would respect my opinion more.

A couple of users bicker back and forth about how both sides aren't offering up enough respect.

Nothing gets solved, cause well, internet.

Back to business as normal. shrugs.

20. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    You first have to be open to it.