Respawn Entertainment's first game: Titanfall

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    That interview explaining why it's without single player tells me that they don't care about me as a customer and that first comment about how this game is only 'for the elite of the elite' and 'f*** casual players' gives me zero interest in playing online if that is the level of douchebag I can expect to meet...and unfortunately meeting similar said douchebags has been 90% of my online experiences.

Would I be among the '5% that completes the game'...maybe, but in all honesty I have played LOTS of games I've enjoyed a great deal without 'beating them'...too little time to game and too many good games coming out for me to keep pace at times....but hey, apparently according to them it means I'm not a 'worthy' to cater to...

2. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Well I have been taking my time playing this. Currently about to be gen 3. 1st gen I did everything on foot and this second gen I have done most of my work in my titan. Still love the game and hopefully the $25 I spent on the season pass will be worth it. Some of the maps just don't have a great flow for me and some kind of work to update the campaign page or stats to at least let you know which campaign missions you have won would be nice. About the elite of the elite comment... yeah I don't know about that. I have done a couple games going 16-0 and several +20-2 games. And I admit I normally suck in multiplayer. But something about the seamless transition from ground to wall running and into the Titans just clicks with me I guess. Which is why I'm in no rush to max level and i plan on playing this for a while, because what is the fun in that? I played against a level 50 gen 10 and I found him no more challenging than any other player. But alas, there are always those that completely bury me, such is the online multiplayer debacle.

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I feel really ripped off, especially because one of the trailers showed the scene when a titan is lifting a guy out of a manhole cover, which to me implied that there would be a REAL story mode, when in reality, that was about the best bit of story in the game.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    So for April Fool's they decide to tease us with a new Titan type (something a lot of people have been asking for) when they're apparently not planning on making any as DLC.

Kiiind of a dick move, IMO.

(Also, Optimus Prime going around with his giant battle axe actually would have been kinda awesome)

5. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    That's an April Fool's? LOL! Thank goodness, because that Prime model was just horrible. Huge head, tiny hands, and that voice... Ugh.

Still, it had me going!

6. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, that OP trailer was hard to watch.

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    It just seems to me like having a single player story would have done wonders...heck at least with all the server crashes the game would be more than a $60 coaster if there was other ways to play...

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, and even when the servers are working, you have to wait 2-3 minutes between matches. Also, my little niece loves the game, but it sucks that she ruins other people's games when she plays since she isn't any good. There's no good way for her to practice.

10. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

It was just IGN wasn't it? Or was that actually one released by Respawn Entertainment? I thought it was pretty awesome none the less, cool if it was real but not that bothered by it.

11. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are people still so sore about the lack of a single-player campaign?!?

It was already made known months before launch that the game wouldn't ship with a single-player mode; the development team is small (only 70++ ppl as compared to several hundreds for other AAA titles), they have limited resources and have a tight schedule to adhere to. There's no false advertising, as matter of fact, the team is very transparent about the lack of a single player mode. And they are totally right about multi-player games having a much longer longevity than single-player driven experiences.

I rather have the team focus and create an outstanding Multi-player than to split their efforts / resources and end up with a thoroughly mediocre experience (for instance: BF4, lousy SP, buggy MP). Some of the best games that I have played are strictly either SP or MP only.

12. biscuits

True that MechaFan, I'd rather have no campaign than a really bad one.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think everyone was okay with it until they realized how little content their actually was in multiplayer.

14. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Yet we still got a really bad one.

Also, MechFan mentioned it being a small team. Being a small team and only really having multiplayer should have meant a lower price point. They may have been upfront about the skimpy campaign in some arenas, but their trailers suggested otherwise with the scene where the guy is pulled out of the manhole.

The main reason people are so upset is that there is SO MUCH potential in TitanFall for an awesome campaign mode.

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Let's start with the nearly $100 price tag and go from there.

This depends on the game; tight narrative games (like the Modern Warfare series for instance) have short single player life because aside from how many times you die, the story unfolds the same way. For the record, I've always enjoyed the Modern Warfare single player series, not so long that it wears out it's welcome but not as short as you'd think.

Compare with something like the Mass Effect or Dragon Age series where there is lots of variation in the meaty bits of the game even if the overall result is still the same. On ME3 alone I've clocked well over 300 hours, and DAII probably had the same before I sold my Xbox and got it on PS3.

I personally think that it's a fucking cheek to release the game at full price when it's only real playing mode is held to ransom by your internet connection or the game's popularity - something I'm sure Halo fans would understand

16. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot Well-Known Member

You know what would be and even better April fools joke than the prime Titan?
    A trailer for a PS4 Titanfall

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Man, the rage would be palpable :lolol 

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    As a guy who bought his Xbone for Titanfall I can say the PS4 crowd isn't missing much.

19. biscuits

I haven't felt like Titanfall is lacking in much really, which is funny cause I was the one who thought it would be before launch...I got my copy for £37 as well which was £8-13 cheaper than every where else at launch. As for the price tag...well...it was published by EA...

20. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits: