Resolving an apparent discrepancy over Ironhide's CONFIRMED death

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OG Transformers Fan, Apr 13, 2020.

1. OG Transformers Fan

OG Transformers Fan New Member

After mentioning an old G1 episode that displayed the grave of Ironhide (featuring his name quite clearly on his tomb), a member named Primeultra incorrectly stated that the episode doesn't display his grave. Well, I don't know what episode she was watching, but I found a YouTube video that shows his tomb. I don't yet have enough comments to provide links, but the title of the YouTube video is Transformers Reviews 73: Dark Awakening (and Ironhide's tomb is shown at the 1:14 mark). I would've simply added this proof in the aforementioned conversation, but that thread is mysteriously closed to further replies now. Imagine that. lol In any event, yes, Ironhide is indeed dead, like I stated previously.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yup, Ironhide = dead as a door nail. I don't think you see his name actually displayed, but Daniel clearly says his name as he walks past it. Either way "HE GONE!".

3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

You might want to learn how to read and understand what’s being said before you create topics only for the reason of calling someone wrong

List of autobots and decepticons who died in 1986 animated movie

This was your post and my reply
    My reply

That episode is called “dark awakening” and when is the last time you saw it?You seem to be misremembering a few things

Aside from Optimus this was the only corpse we saw

[​IMG]

And not only does this not look Ironhide, there is no “hole in the head from where Megatron blasted him”

I’ve always found it very interesting how many fans believe they saw Ironhides body with a hole in the head, either in season 3 or in a Ultra Violent edit of the actual film

again your post
    That was in reference to the person you were replying to comments about other characters that he did not believe truly died like Brawn

and this was my reply
    As you can see I said the episode Dark awakening CONFIRMED Ironhides death and that We saw his tomb

But you were incorrect in saying that the other characters like that the original poster you were replying to was referring to were not confirmed in that episode again like Brawn

So who posted incorrectly?

We never saw the corpse of ironhide......We never saw a hole in his head

Try reading more carefully next time Before making such a foolish topic

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. OG Transformers Fan

OG Transformers Fan New Member

Learn how to read? lol That's funny, seeing as how your latest comment is fraught with grammatical errors. True, I neglected to look at the poster's name, but you were the only one who responded, so it's understandable. Nonetheless, I haven't misremembered anything. I saw Ironhide's corpse with a hole in the head. Perhaps not in that episode, but in some episode. And unless you have an eidetic memory, it's not for you to tell me otherwise (especially with multiple people asserting likewise, as you yourself referenced). And if I find the clip, you can be sure that I'll provide the info here. As for the other Autobots, I said "if I recall correctly." I wasn't sure. I didn't make any concrete statements as to their deaths being confirmed (hell, I didn't even name them), so who is it that really has the literacy problem here? lol Furthermore, if you're so sensitive about people calling you out, I'd suggest that you refrain from essentially calling them liars.

5. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I wonder who this was even supposed to be. I've thought maybe Windcharger. It doesn't really look like Ironhide or Ratchet. It can't be Prowl or Wheeljack. Maybe it was just some generic design that they didn't even give much thought to.

CpXt4AEXEAARUbb.jpg

6. Primeultra

You didn’t have to name the other characters since you were actually making a reply to somebody else who actually did name those characters

As to an eidetic memory, I’ll make no comment but there is absolutely no episode in which where we see his corpse.....You’re not the first want to make that claim, in fact there is a topic on this thread about misconceptions dedicated to such beliefs, so you’re not the first want to make that kind of a claim but to date no one’s been able to prove it with the US cartoon as source material

But if you like please try.....But don’t forget that in the very same episode that we see his tomb, all the bodies In the crypt were destroyed soon after

And while my post might have a few grammatical issues, if you recall I told you to “read and understand”.....Which doesn’t have as much have to do with grammar but following the context of the conversation. And if you had read it more carefully you would see that I actually confirmed seeing his tomb and never denied his death.......Which would have been clear if you actually read my words

And I never called you a liar, and I wouldn’t call myself being sensitive but you have to admit creating an entire topic for the sole purpose of trying to call somebody out on an error they never even made solely based on your miss reading of the post is obviously going to garner some attention from that individual

Anyway seeing as you’re new here I shall welcome you to the boards.....I neglected to notice that earlier

7. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

Since "Dark Awakening" was animated by AKOM, the same company that brought us this:
    [​IMG]
    and this:
    [​IMG]
    And this:
    [​IMG]
    And this:
    [​IMG]
    And this:
    [​IMG]
    And this:
    [​IMG]
    And this:
    [​IMG]
    I think it's a fair bet to assume that they didn't give much thought to who it was supposed to be.

• Like Like x 14
  8. Primeultra

I just felt that the animation team weren’t given all the animation models for the characters considered dead in the movie

Another thing to consider was that the writing teams for season three didn’t have a lot of communication with the writing staff of the film

That might be the reason why we see the coneheads in season three when they were apparently killed in the film

9. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Ironhide name is visible on the wall in this scene. Now, AKOM is a real clusterf**k of errors caused by their lack of care... But writing the letters down seems fairly intentional.

Mentioned by Daniel, the name written on a plaque... Dead as a dodo.

10. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

I re-watched the attack on the shuttle scene from the movie and noticed Ironhide takes FOUR shots from Megatron's pistol mode which scores a kill with pretty much every target it hits and he still ain't dead until Megatron fires his fusion cannon point black into his face.

11. Primeultra

I don’t think there was ever any doubt he was killed

The point of contention seems to be whether or not his corpse is ever seen in the film or in season 3

We know we never saw it in the film, and we never saw it in the season 3 episode “dark awakening”

Maybe it’s a scene in some story board somewhere but none that I recall

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Alas, poor Erector...

Totally dead.

Until he was walking around in the background in Headmasters. Headmasters, the show that never stops making you go, "Uuuuugh." :confused: 

Which I suppose isn't as bad as Wheeljack who was not only in Headmasters, but also in Victory, where he performed surgery on God Ginrai. ;)  So, I suppose the moral of the post is that they're only dead once they stop getting animation.

I've never been able to figure out which I like more, when Combiners and their component members share the screen or when they're going to go looking for someone who's there (Galvatron).

• Like Like x 2
  13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yup, you're right. It sure does.

Picture0001.png

• Like Like x 2
  14. Primeultra

upload_2020-4-13_15-26-8.jpeg
    The micro master?

maybe Impactor
    upload_2020-4-13_15-26-8.jpeg
    Galvattoj for the win

15. Longitudinalwave

The Galvatron thing might be funnier just because it only happened once (that I can remember, anyway), whereas the Combiner thing happened several times. Here's ANOTHER example; this one also starring GIANT BLAST OFF:
    [​IMG]
    I think the best part is that Swindle and Brawl are both technically running in two different locations in this shot. :p 

16. Primeultra

I actually think this one is just a miss coloring of onslaught but the image of small I can’t be sure

• Like Like x 1
  17. Longitudinalwave

You might be right. TfWiki says it's Bruticus:
    "Swindle, Brawl and, uh, Bruticus run towards an oversized Blast Off."
    but this is as big as the image gets on the site, so it's hard to tell. They both have cannons on their backs and similarly-shaped heads, so I honestly can't tell if this is a miscolored Onslaught or Bruticus being drawn in place of Onslaught.
    And then there's this error from "Fight or Flee" (sadly, I couldn't find a picture):
    "For some reason, in the year 2006 the Combaticons were idly hanging around as Bruticus during the Decepticon occupation of Paradron. He served as something of a comic foil for Galvatron, acting as straight-man while Galvatron delivered witticisms that were completely lost on the giant warrior. Also... that old line about "losing your head if you weren't attached to it"? Apparently, you can lose a foot even if it was attached, because Brawl was seen manning a molecular cannon while Bruticus was in the control room with Galvatron. If you don't watch those feet, they just run right off on their own."
    This one was Toei, though!

18. Primeultra

I can’t make out the arms very well but if one of them has the scoop shape of the shuttle then I would say it’s the combined mode

19. Longitudinalwave

I do think I can see the rotor on the Vortex-colored arm....

• Like Like x 1
  20. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Aww, look at the little Aerialbot traitor. I don't think I ever noticed that one before.

• Like Like x 1