Resident Evil (6) - The Final Chapter

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Shortwave, Apr 30, 2014.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I rage mad over incompetent writing and directing over being different than the games. They can't make a movie without a stupid retcon or copouts that anybody could avoid if they bothered to watch what they've worked on previously. Oh, and badly written characters that are not played by Milla or Jovovich because who cares about other players, right? They don't matter because they didn't marry Anderson.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    The only one that was halfway decent was the first movie.

3. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I have never really liked this version of Resident Evil from the get go. Especially after reading the script for what was supposedly to be George Romero's version, which was WAY more faithful to the first game than claimed.

I only recall watching the first two. And I only saw the second one BECAUSE it had Nemesis and Jill Valentine and I wanted to see how they were portrayed. After it went all post-apocalyptic... Nope.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I still want to see this made.

5. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So would I as it had everything from the first game in it. Hunters, Plant 42, Giant Snake, zombies and zombie dogs, and even the Tyrant. Only differences were that Alpha and Bravo STARS teams were both alive and going through the mansion at the same time (more bodies to kill), Chris was not part of STARS, but a nearby rancher that got caught up in the whole thing (and Jill was his girlfriend).

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that's all true, but were you really expecting it to be any other way? Each sequel in this series aside from part 2 has thrown away the cliffhanger from the previous movie.

Clone army of Alice's? All dead in the first minutes of part 4.
    Huge swarm of Umbrella helicopters converging on the ship? Briefly shown during the credits of part 5 & then never again.
    Epic last stand at the White House? Quickly handwaved away just like every other cliffhanger.

It is what it is. These movies have never made sense or tried to build a good story-arc for anything except Alice. So yeah- I went in totally knowing they would toss all that. I still enjoy them for the simple popcorn flicks that they are.

Aside from part 1, I've never bothered to rewatch any of them. They're just good stupid fun for a couple hours.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I liked this series, but I've never been invested in the game franchise. They're fun popcorn zombie flicks, and asking anything more from them is just beating ones head into a wall. Major credit to mila for seeing the franchise through from the beginning.

• Like Like x 2
  8. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

• Like Like x 1
  9. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do they even indicate that ada, Chris, Kmart, Leon, etc are killed in the white house battle?

10. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    You can tell that the movies had started to impact the games at this point. Even 4 had bits of movie style nonsense going on.

11. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:

WTF! Capcom! Screen Gems! Pay this woman what you owe her now!