Resident Evil (6) - The Final Chapter

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Shortwave, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

Why the heck do these still get made?
    Yeah so theres a 6th one in production right now... im to lazy and just dont give enouth of a dam to go and do any reserch in to its plot.
    So hay would you have prefered George Romero's version of the script?

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, they consistently bring in boatloads of money. I love the first one myself, but they flew off the tracks after that and every sequel is like another train coming along and slamming into that giant pileup.

I'm still gonna see part 6 though. I've seen all the others. And they say that this one will FINALLY wrap up the whole story with Alice. So even if they keep making more afterwards, this will officially be the end of Alice's involvement with the RE movies. And on some level, I still kinda enjoy all the sequels even if they are pretty bad.

Nah. I read a synopsis of his script for part 1, and it would have been awful.

1. Chris was a farm boy that the S.T.A.R.S. team happens to pick up on their way to the mansion.
    2. Wesker was living in a padded cell, until he was released and put in charge of leading the S.T.A.R.S. team. Who does that?!
    3. Barry was some dude working at a restaurant. Don't know how he got involved in the mansion events.
    4. George wanted campy stuff in there like zombies wearing sunglasses and party hats. Just cuz.

I do know that he also wanted more of the monsters in there other than just zombies. He was gonna' have the giant snake and some other stuff. But really- the rest of it sounded so bad, it wouldn't have mattered.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

because people are still seeing them. that or because the director wants to show off his wife some more.

4. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

Yeah the 1st one was pretty cool i admit that.
    bit the CG cartoons were waaaaaaay better.

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was one scene in Degeneration that just about deflated the whole movie for me. See, I was really, REALLY looking forward to seeing Claire and Leon meet for the first time since RE2. When they finally do, they barely acknowledge each other. Leon bursts in and is like, "Claire. Hi. Okay, what's the situation?" And they just go on from there. What a letdown.

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I don't see them as good interpretations of Resident Evil. More as inspired by them, but I like to see her in Action. I recently bought every movie on Blu-Ray.

The CG-Cartoons are better, yes, but the second one was not as good as the first and even the first was lacking a bit. But yes, they are of course more closer to being good Resident Evil movies, because they are made by Capcom themselves.

I still wish we would have gotten the movie that George Romero has written.

7. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I also read the Romero script, and while the giant snake has merit, the rest was garbage. His 'camp' style isn't suited for the franchise.

If the sixth gets made, I'll see it. I'm a sucker for the title. That's why I bought those gawdawful clusterhump Raccoon City and RE6 games.

One request from movie #6- more Jill.

8. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    I love the series personally, I just keep the film continuity separate from the games and just enjoy the story of Alice for what it is.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We knew this was coming before the fifth one even came out. And since the fifth one ended on a cliffhanger, it was obviously.

However, it gets worse, Alice is going to be in the next RE game which is getting revealed at E3.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

These are just fun zombie movies, and the addition of 3D has only made them better. So keep bringing Milla in those outfits and I'll keep watching.

11. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Say what? Provide proof please.

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:

Same here. I'll be in the theater for #6 on day one. I will never argue for the quality of these films, but my wife and I always have fun watching them which is all that really matters to me.

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I just don't get what is so fun about these movies and why some people enjoy them so much. If you enjoy them, that is ok. However, I don't get why this movie franchise has so many fans.

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Because it is zombies and has Resident Evil characters involved.

I will see it opening weekend for sure. I am a sucker for these movies because of Zambies and Milla Jovovich. Needs more Leon though.

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Except there aren't any zombies anymore...

It's more of a rumor really. The game is supposed to be centered around Wesker and have Alice in it. However, the game is set to be revealed during Sony's conference. If I find the link to it again I'll let you know.

No it doesn't. It has people using the RE character names, but that sure as hell wasn't Leon or Barry in the last one.

16. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Eh. I'll see it on DVD with my girlfriend. Wesker is cool, Alice sucks, but I am curious about seeing the monsters that will be in the movie.

Does it say Resident Evil on the box? Are the characters named the same? Then yeah, they're meant to be the characters' adaptations.

The Iron Man 3 Mandarin is still the Mandarin just as much as green Bane and Nolan Bane are Bane. That was the maker's intent.

17. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Never seen the fifth one, didn't like the fourth one, but the first three are fun, goofy movies. I'll definitely see this, but not before I watch the fifth one.

18. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This pretty much. To me they're the characters, they may not be what everyone wants, but that's pure opinion. For me, Leon in RE5 was a decent Leon and I loved Barry, especially the actor they cast to play him.

I'm looking forward to RE6. I love this movie series.

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Last time I checked, Barry was in his 50s NOT 20s. Leon was NOT Russian and was NOT an idiot. Oh yeah, and Jill and Ada do not have super powers.

The biggest problem with the movies though is they put it into a post apocalyptic world. There is nothing you can do to fix that unless you just retcon everything. The whole concept of the world being zombified is not only dumb, but over done. Oh, and the Alice clones were entirely pointless.

BTW, what Iron Man 3 did you watch? The one I watched did not have Mandarin in it.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I didn't think too much of the last one, but the one before that was a lot of fun.

And I'll keep watching them regardless, because I'd pay to watch Milla read the phone book.

To be honest, there was a time when I felt these movies were a bit of a slap in the face of a great game series. But then the game series started eating sh*t too, got more and more ridiculous and further away from what made the first couple games so great. Now we're at the point there is nothing any movie can do to disrespect the games worse than what the games have done to themselves. Yeah, the movies cannot possibly line up to the game series continuity. But now the game series continuity is completely effing stupid and sucks donkeys. So who cares. Just relax and have a dumb fun time.